Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Foodiform Tools

A foodiform tool is any tool shaped like the food
it is used with. For example, a mushroom brush
shaped like a mushroom. Or a lobster cracker
shaped like a lobster claw. Or corncob holders
shaped like little corncobs.

Can you think of any others?

I think foodiform tools appeal to people who lust
for a peculiar form of consistency in their lives.
All of their tools would be foodiform tools, if
such were available. They would cook hotdogs in
a cooker shaped like a big hotdog. They'd store
milk in a bottle shaped like a cow. Their coffee
grinder would be shaped like a big coffee bean,
and their coffee brewer would be shaped like a
coffee cup.

I call this form of insanity foodiformia.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 6, 5:19*pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> A foodiform tool is any tool shaped like the food
> it is used with. *For example, a mushroom brush
> shaped like a mushroom. *Or a lobster cracker
> shaped like a lobster claw. *Or corncob holders
> shaped like little corncobs.

Don't forget the faux corn husk butter trays to go with them.

>*They'd store milk in a bottle shaped like a cow. *

Cow creamers are very popular, even with non-PG Wodehouse fans.

Hmmm. A charcoal grill in the shape of a briquet, perhaps? Chili flake
shaker shaped like a scotch bonnet pepper?

Ghee bottle shaped like a blocked artery?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:
> A foodiform tool is any tool shaped like the food
> it is used with. For example, a mushroom brush
> shaped like a mushroom. Or a lobster cracker
> shaped like a lobster claw. Or corncob holders
> shaped like little corncobs.
>
> Can you think of any others?
>
> I think foodiform tools appeal to people who lust
> for a peculiar form of consistency in their lives.
> All of their tools would be foodiform tools, if
> such were available. They would cook hotdogs in
> a cooker shaped like a big hotdog. They'd store
> milk in a bottle shaped like a cow. Their coffee
> grinder would be shaped like a big coffee bean,
> and their coffee brewer would be shaped like a
> coffee cup.
>
> I call this form of insanity foodiformia.

I think I have seen cheese knives with "cheese" handles.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 14:19:02 -0700, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

>A foodiform tool is any tool shaped like the food
>it is used with. For example, a mushroom brush
>shaped like a mushroom. Or a lobster cracker
>shaped like a lobster claw. Or corncob holders
>shaped like little corncobs.
>
>Can you think of any others?
>
>I think foodiform tools appeal to people who lust
>for a peculiar form of consistency in their lives.
>All of their tools would be foodiform tools, if
>such were available. They would cook hotdogs in
>a cooker shaped like a big hotdog. They'd store
>milk in a bottle shaped like a cow. Their coffee
>grinder would be shaped like a big coffee bean,
>and their coffee brewer would be shaped like a
>coffee cup.
>
>I call this form of insanity foodiformia.

I must really be insane then. I have some foodiforms and they have
faces. <yikes!!!>
One is a potato brush shaped like a pototo and a powdered garlic
shaker shaped like a head of garlic.
I use my little egg heads all the time, perfect for a single sunny
side up egg. Also there is the crying onion that does absolutely
nothing but make me happy.
http://i34.tinypic.com/33xjwo3.jpg

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 9/06
Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:

> On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 14:19:02 -0700, Mark Thorson >
> wrote:
> >
> >I call this form of insanity foodiformia.

> I must really be insane then. I have some foodiforms and they have
> faces. <yikes!!!>
> One is a potato brush shaped like a pototo and a powdered garlic
> shaker shaped like a head of garlic.
> I use my little egg heads all the time, perfect for a single sunny
> side up egg. Also there is the crying onion that does absolutely
> nothing but make me happy.
> http://i34.tinypic.com/33xjwo3.jpg

Holy cow! You have an advanced case!

Maybe it's time I estimated the size of this industry.
It may be underserved. My suggestions for the coffee-bean
coffee grinder and coffee-cup coffee brewer might be
good product ideas. I need to collect demographics.
As the population ages, this could be an important trend.
Does foodiformia become more common as people go to seed?
Is there a prospect for pharmaceutical treatment?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 6, 5:19�pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> A foodiform tool is any tool shaped like the food
> it is used with. �For example, a mushroom brush
> shaped like a mushroom. �Or a lobster cracker
> shaped like a lobster claw. �Or corncob holders
> shaped like little corncobs.
>
> Can you think of any others?
>
> I think foodiform tools appeal to people who lust
> for a peculiar form of consistency in their lives.
> All of their tools would be foodiform tools, if
> such were available. �They would cook hotdogs in
> a cooker shaped like a big hotdog. �They'd store
> milk in a bottle shaped like a cow. �Their coffee
> grinder would be shaped like a big coffee bean,
> and their coffee brewer would be shaped like a
> coffee cup.
>
> I call this form of insanity foodiformia.

I've got an egg piercer shaped like an egg.
I've got a holiday gravy boat shaped like a turkey.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> I've got an egg piercer shaped like an egg.
> I've got a holiday gravy boat shaped like a turkey.

Now that I think about it, I've got a crystal salt shaker shaped like
salt crystals.

--Lia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> On Sep 6, 5:19�pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> >
> > I call this form of insanity foodiformia.

> I've got an egg piercer shaped like an egg.
> I've got a holiday gravy boat shaped like a turkey.

Looks like Stage I foodiformia, likely harmless
and generally curable.

If the eyes of the turkey gravy boat are
a contrasting color to the body, rather than
just being an impression in the china or
earthenware body, that's Stage II foodiformia,
a much more serious condition. Psychoanalysis
or behavior modification therapy are recommended.

Now, if you're like koko, she's an obvious case
of Stage IV foodiformia, the most serious form
of the disease. She didn't say so, but I can
assure you that she talks to these foodiform items
with faces on them while she uses them. (That
doesn't mean she hears them talking back, although
she may. If the latter, that's on a different scale,
the schizophrenia scale.) That is diagnostic for
Stage IV, and you can recognize it in an instant
when you look at a person's collection of foodiform
objects. If none of them have faces, it's probably
harmless. If they only have impressed or molded eyes
consistent with the dimensions of the eyes on the
real animals that they represent, the prognosis
is still good.

It's when they have out-of-proportion "cartoon"
eyes in a contrasting color that you make a
diagnosis of Stage III. I'm deeply skeptical of
every diagnosis of Stage III. I think nearly
all of them are Stage IV. It's like if these were
levels for describing cocaine addiction, and
Stage III was owning a crack pipe and Stage IV
was smoking crack, how many true Stage III's would
you have? I think nearly all of your so-called
Stage III's are in fact Stage IV's.

Unfortunately, the prognosis is bleak. There are
very few known recoveries from Stage III or Stage IV
foodiformia. In every case, it was a woman stripped
of her collection of foodiform tools in a bitter
divorce, followed by massive self-medication therapy.
The literature is sparse with regard to clinical
outcomes, massive self-medication with alcohol
(or more advanced drugs) seems to be the only
reliable therapy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 15:31:48 -0700, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

>Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 6, 5:19�pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
>> >
>> > I call this form of insanity foodiformia.

>> I've got an egg piercer shaped like an egg.
>> I've got a holiday gravy boat shaped like a turkey.

>Looks like Stage I foodiformia, likely harmless
>and generally curable.
>
>If the eyes of the turkey gravy boat are
>a contrasting color to the body, rather than
>just being an impression in the china or
>earthenware body, that's Stage II foodiformia,
>a much more serious condition. Psychoanalysis
>or behavior modification therapy are recommended.
>
>Now, if you're like koko, she's an obvious case
>of Stage IV foodiformia, the most serious form
>of the disease. She didn't say so, but I can
>assure you that she talks to these foodiform items
>with faces on them while she uses them. (That
>doesn't mean she hears them talking back, although
>she may. If the latter, that's on a different scale,
>the schizophrenia scale.) That is diagnostic for
>Stage IV, and you can recognize it in an instant
>when you look at a person's collection of foodiform
>objects. If none of them have faces, it's probably
>harmless. If they only have impressed or molded eyes
>consistent with the dimensions of the eyes on the
>real animals that they represent, the prognosis
>is still good.
>
>It's when they have out-of-proportion "cartoon"
>eyes in a contrasting color that you make a
>diagnosis of Stage III. I'm deeply skeptical of
>every diagnosis of Stage III. I think nearly
>all of them are Stage IV. It's like if these were
>levels for describing cocaine addiction, and
>Stage III was owning a crack pipe and Stage IV
>was smoking crack, how many true Stage III's would
>you have? I think nearly all of your so-called
>Stage III's are in fact Stage IV's.
>
>Unfortunately, the prognosis is bleak. There are
>very few known recoveries from Stage III or Stage IV
>foodiformia. In every case, it was a woman stripped
>of her collection of foodiform tools in a bitter
>divorce, followed by massive self-medication therapy.
>The literature is sparse with regard to clinical
>outcomes, massive self-medication with alcohol
>(or more advanced drugs) seems to be the only
>reliable therapy.

You are hysterical. I could hardly read it because I was laughing so
hard. Stan kept asking me what was so funny but I was laughing so hard
I couldn't speak.
Now I'm going back and re-read it. After I fix myself a drink of
course.

kokoloco
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 9/06
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> You are hysterical. I could hardly read it because I was laughing so
> hard. Stan kept asking me what was so funny but I was laughing so hard
> I couldn't speak.
> Now I'm going back and re-read it. After I fix myself a drink of
> course.
>
> kokoloco
> There is no love more sincere than the love of food
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *George Bernard Shawwww.kokoscorner.typepad.com
> updated 9/06- Hide quoted text -

....in your martini shaker shaped like an olive?

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 09:17:46 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>> You are hysterical. I could hardly read it because I was laughing so
>> hard. Stan kept asking me what was so funny but I was laughing so hard
>> I couldn't speak.
>> Now I'm going back and re-read it. After I fix myself a drink of
>> course.
>>
>> kokoloco
>> There is no love more sincere than the love of food
>> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *George Bernard Shawwww.kokoscorner.typepad.com
>> updated 9/06- Hide quoted text -

>...in your martini shaker shaped like an olive?
>
>N.

Dang it no. I haven't found one shaped like an olive with eyes yet.
;-)

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 9/06
Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:

> Dang it no. I haven't found one shaped like an olive with eyes yet.

If you're very quiet, you can hear it call to you.
Then just follow the voice. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 18:41:56 -0700, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

>koko wrote:
>>
>> Dang it no. I haven't found one shaped like an olive with eyes yet.

>If you're very quiet, you can hear it call to you.
>Then just follow the voice. :-)

BTDT

kokotini