Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Interesting map.

Hello All!

Evan Kirshenbaum has set up a map of alt.usage.english participants:

http://tinyurl.com/aue-map

Something like that might appeal to people here. Perhaps Chatty Cathy is
a possible organizer.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Email, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> Evan Kirshenbaum has set up a map of alt.usage.english participants:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/aue-map
>
> Something like that might appeal to people here. Perhaps Chatty Cathy is
> a possible organizer.

We have one of those already: http://www.recfoodcooking.com/RFCmap.html

Serene

--
"I am an agnostic only to the extent that I am agnostic about fairies at
the bottom of the garden." -- Richard Dawkins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:

> Hello All!
>
> Evan Kirshenbaum has set up a map of alt.usage.english participants:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/aue-map
>
> Something like that might appeal to people here. Perhaps Chatty Cathy
> is a possible organizer.

James,

Christine Dabney set up an RFC'ers map for us a while back; I have a
link to her map on the RFC site, but here it is if you're interested:

http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/artisan02

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Egg tastes better when it's not on your face...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene Vannoy wrote:
> We have one of those already:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/RFCmap.html
> Serene

Indeed, we have had that for a long time. I am trying to remember who set
it up, can you remember Serene?

--
Real friendship is shown in times of trouble;
prosperity is full of friends.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:
> Serene Vannoy wrote:
>> We have one of those already:
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/RFCmap.html
>> Serene

> Indeed, we have had that for a long time. I am trying to remember who set
> it up, can you remember Serene?

According to the text at the link above, it was Christine.

Serene

--
"I am an agnostic only to the extent that I am agnostic about fairies at
the bottom of the garden." -- Richard Dawkins

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote on Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:46:31 +0200:

>> Hello All!
>>
>> Evan Kirshenbaum has set up a map of alt.usage.english participants:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/aue-map
>>
>> Something like that might appeal to people here. Perhaps
>> Chatty Cathy is a possible organizer.
>>

> James,

> Christine Dabney set up an RFC'ers map for us a while back; I
> have a link to her map on the RFC site, but here it is if
> you're interested:

> http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/artisan02

Thanks, I don't see a marker for me but I'm certainly willing and enough
of my address is in my sig. Do I need to take any further action?
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:

> ChattyCathy wrote on Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:46:31 +0200:
>
>>> Hello All!
>>>
>>> Evan Kirshenbaum has set up a map of alt.usage.english participants:
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/aue-map
>>>
>>> Something like that might appeal to people here. Perhaps
>>> Chatty Cathy is a possible organizer.
>>>

>> James,

>> Christine Dabney set up an RFC'ers map for us a while back; I
>> have a link to her map on the RFC site, but here it is if
>> you're interested:

>> http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/artisan02

> Thanks, I don't see a marker for me but I'm certainly willing and
> enough of my address is in my sig. Do I need to take any further
> action?

It's one of those DIY things, James. Just 'zoom in' to where you live
and then 'click' on where you would like your marker to be. It will
then bring up the "Place a marker" box. All you have to do is fill in
your name, choose an icon and hit the "Place!" button. AFAIAA, the
message/link/photo fields are optional.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Egg tastes better when it's not on your face...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> Evan Kirshenbaum has set up a map of alt.usage.english participants:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/aue-map
>
> Something like that might appeal to people here. Perhaps Chatty Cathy is
> a possible organizer.

FWIW, I tried the link and got a warning from Zone Alarm that it is
risky because tinyurl.com is known to distribute spyware.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:

> Hello All!
>
> Evan Kirshenbaum has set up a map of alt.usage.english participants:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/aue-map
>
> Something like that might appeal to people here. Perhaps Chatty Cathy
> is a possible organizer.

We used to have one.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote on Thu, 28 Aug 2008 18:44:33 +0200:

>>> James,

>>> Christine Dabney set up an RFC'ers map for us a while back;
>>> I have a link to her map on the RFC site, but here it is if
>>> you're interested:

>>> http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/artisan02

>> Thanks, I don't see a marker for me but I'm certainly willing
>> and enough of my address is in my sig. Do I need to take any
>> further action?

> It's one of those DIY things, James. Just 'zoom in' to where
> you live and then 'click' on where you would like your marker
> to be. It will then bring up the "Place a marker" box. All you
> have to do is fill in your name, choose an icon and hit the
> "Place!" button. AFAIAA, the message/link/photo fields are
> optional. --

I don't really mind leaving a message but I don't like it being
necessary. However, It's easy enough!

Thanks!

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default User wrote:
> James Silverton wrote:
>
>> Hello All!
>>
>> Evan Kirshenbaum has set up a map of alt.usage.english participants:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/aue-map
>>
>> Something like that might appeal to people here. Perhaps Chatty Cathy
>> is a possible organizer.

> We used to have one.
>
> Brian

Still do. It's on the rfc web site.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Ophelia" > wrote:

> Serene Vannoy wrote:
> > We have one of those already:
> > http://www.recfoodcooking.com/RFCmap.html
> > Serene

> Indeed, we have had that for a long time. I am trying to remember who set
> it up, can you remember Serene?

Christine Dabney, IIRC.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller, blahblahblog is back and

Interesting Wayne Lundberg Mexican Cooking 2 12-12-2006 01:20 AM
Interesting.......... itsjoannotjoann General Cooking 9 03-04-2006 03:53 AM
Some interesting Q steve Barbecue 8 13-07-2004 12:53 AM
interesting... wart_bourg Asian Cooking 0 30-05-2004 10:42 AM
Interesting Indeed MPM Sushi 0 29-11-2003 10:11 PM