FoodBanter.com

-   -   The 2003 Thanksgiving holiday has been Cancelled. (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/1606-re-2003-thanksgiving-holiday.html)

Default User 28-10-2003 12:02 AM

wrote:

> Just announced !
>
> Due to the Iraq war and it's after effects. High unemployment, Poor
> economic conditions, and other world problems. President Bush has
> decided that the US citizens should not be thankful or be celebrating
> at a critical time like this.

Hmmmm.

Rankings, scale 1 (low) - 10 (high):

Cleverness ranking: 1 (been done before)

Humor ranking: 1 (trite)

Troll ranking: 2 (might get a few foam-at-the-mouth types, but will
probably go quietly)

Magic 8-Ball says, "Try again later".

Brian Rodenborn

kag 28-10-2003 01:31 AM

The 2003 Thanksgiving holiday has been Cancelled.

can i join you as courtney love? (same accessories)

Mr. Anderson 28-10-2003 03:15 AM

The 2003 Thanksgiving holiday has been Cancelled.

> wrote in message
> Just announced !
>
> Due to the Iraq war and it's after effects. High unemployment, Poor
> economic conditions, and other world problems. President Bush has
> decided that the US citizens should not be thankful or be celebrating
> at a critical time like this.
>
> He went on to say that when Americans get on the ball, and start
> improving the world conditions, he will allow for future Thanksgiving
> holidays.
>
> Therefore the 2003 Thanksgiving holiday has been Cancelled, and all
> future Thanksgiving holidays are cancelled until further notice.
>
> Shar

Please eat sh*t for thanksgiging and *ie Mo*he**ucke*
:)

jacqui{JB} 28-10-2003 05:28 AM

The 2003 Thanksgiving holiday has been Cancelled.

[cross-post snipped]
> wrote in message

> Therefore the 2003 Thanksgiving holiday has been
> Cancelled, and all future Thanksgiving holidays are
> cancelled until further notice.

Good thing for me, then, that I'll be on my way to South Africa that
day (King's Camp -- www.kingscamp.com -- among other places). I can't
wait!

And do you always troll from your workplace? I'm sure they'd be happy
to know it ...
-j

Ray M 28-10-2003 05:34 AM

The 2003 Thanksgiving holiday has been Cancelled.

> Thank goodness Halloween is still on. I'm dressing up as Rush Limbaugh,
> bleary-eyed and with a bag full of OxyContin, Quaaludes and other pills in
> my hand.

Don't forget your Donovan McNabb jersey!!!!