Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default PLASTIC, What again?

I rid my kitchen of everything plastic, (I know, I'm a maniac)

Now my fridge/freezer is overflowing with Mason Jars, pint, & quart
size.

Next step: to save space in fridge/freezer, by 'canning'. Duh? I
haven't a clue as to where to begin.

Help this bachelor, please?
Michael
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mikie wrote:
> I rid my kitchen of everything plastic, (I know, I'm a maniac)
>
> Now my fridge/freezer is overflowing with Mason Jars, pint, & quart
> size.
>
> Next step: to save space in fridge/freezer, by 'canning'. Duh? I
> haven't a clue as to where to begin.
>
> Help this bachelor, please?
> Michael

Go over to rec.food.preserving and ask questions, lots of knowledge over
there.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mikie wrote:
> I rid my kitchen of everything plastic, (I know, I'm a maniac)
>
> Now my fridge/freezer is overflowing with Mason Jars, pint, & quart
> size.
>
> Next step: to save space in fridge/freezer, by 'canning'. Duh? I
> haven't a clue as to where to begin.
>
> Help this bachelor, please?

You need rec.food.preserving. You will love that place. They love to
help clueless newbies, and I should know, because I am one.

(Also, get a good, recent canning/preserving book. I have the Ball Blue
Book. It's great.)

Serene

--
"I think I have an umami receptor that has developed sentience." -- Stef
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene Vannoy" > wrote in message
> Mikie wrote:
>> I rid my kitchen of everything plastic, (I know, I'm a maniac)
>>
>> Now my fridge/freezer is overflowing with Mason Jars, pint, & quart
>> size.
>>
>> Next step: to save space in fridge/freezer, by 'canning'. Duh? I
>> haven't a clue as to where to begin.
>>
>> Help this bachelor, please?

> You need rec.food.preserving. You will love that place. They love to help
> clueless newbies, and I should know, because I am one.
>
> (Also, get a good, recent canning/preserving book. I have the Ball Blue
> Book. It's great.)

I guess it's a guy thing, but that book title makes me chuckle. <G>

TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"TFM®" > wrote in message

>> (Also, get a good, recent canning/preserving book. I have the Ball Blue
>> Book. It's great.)

> I guess it's a guy thing, but that book title makes me chuckle. <G>
>
> TFM®

After a couple of dates in high school I had the leather bound, gilded
edition.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Jul 22, 7:50*am, Mikie > wrote:
> I rid my kitchen of everything plastic, (I know, I'm a maniac)
>
> Now my fridge/freezer is overflowing with Mason Jars, pint, & quart
> size.

What's in them? Leftovers? Home-canned goods? Chicken stock?
Tomato gravy?

> Next step: *to save space in fridge/freezer, by 'canning'. Duh? I
> haven't a clue as to where to begin.

You haven't said what your problem is, how can anyone help? Why does
a bachelor have a food storage problem in the first place? Do you
have a large garden harvest to cope with? What vegetables? -aem
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Tue 22 Jul 2008 08:32:59p, Blinky the Shark told us...
>
>> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> Blue

>>> After a couple of dates in high school I had the leather bound, gilded
>>> edition.

>> Gilded. Now, *that's* fancy a fancy pair.

> We used to look in wonder at the girls with the cast iron balls, usually on
> the field hockey team.

Now they're in politics.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 22, 8:45*am, Serene Vannoy > wrote:
> Mikie wrote:
> > I rid my kitchen of everything plastic, (I know, I'm a maniac)

> > Now my fridge/freezer is overflowing with Mason Jars, pint, & quart
> > size.

> > Next step: *to save space in fridge/freezer, by 'canning'. Duh? I
> > haven't a clue as to where to begin.

> > Help this bachelor, please?

> You need rec.food.preserving. You will love that place. They love to
> help clueless newbies, and I should know, because I am one.
>
> (Also, get a good, recentcanning/preserving book. I have the Ball Blue
> Book. It's great.)
>
> Serene
>
> --
> "I think I have an umami receptor that has developed sentience." -- Stef

Thanks Serene...I bought a 2004 issue of The Blue Ball Book from
Amazon.com, great price, so to get free shipping I Also bought one,
on sprouting. I hope this whole world starts thinking about getting
on a health kick!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 23, 1:11*am, Blinky the Shark > wrote:
> Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> > Blue

> >> Gilded. *Now, *that's* fancy a fancy pair.

> > We used to look in wonder at the girls with the cast iron balls, usually on
> > the field hockey team.

> Now they're in politics.
>
> --
> Blinky

...and that would be different from men with balls, how?

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 23 Jul 2008 11:06:09a, Nancy2 told us...

> On Jul 23, 1:11*am, Blinky the Shark > wrote:
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> > On Tue 22 Jul 2008 08:32:59p, Blinky the Shark told us...

>> > We used to look in wonder at the girls with the cast iron balls,

usuall
>> > y on the field hockey team.

>> Now they're in politics.
>>
>> --
>> Blinky

> ...and that would be different from men with balls, how?
>
> N.

Not different, just perhaps more unexpected.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Wednesday, 07(VII)/23(XXIII)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 03:42:44 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Tue 22 Jul 2008 08:32:59p, Blinky the Shark told us...
>
>> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

>Blue

>>> After a couple of dates in high school I had the leather bound, gilded
>>> edition.

>> Gilded. Now, *that's* fancy a fancy pair.
>>

>We used to look in wonder at the girls with the cast iron balls, usually on
>the field hockey team.

that explains a lot.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:11:56 -0700, Blinky the Shark
> wrote:

>Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>> Blue

>>> Gilded. Now, *that's* fancy a fancy pair.

>> We used to look in wonder at the girls with the cast iron balls, usually on
>> the field hockey team.

>Now they're in politics.

maybe they wouldn't have to go into politics if the men already there
had some.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:11:56 -0700, Blinky the Shark
> > wrote:
>
>>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue 22 Jul 2008 08:32:59p, Blinky the Shark told us...

>>> Blue

>>> We used to look in wonder at the girls with the cast iron balls, usually
>>> on
>>> the field hockey team.

>>Now they're in politics.

> maybe they wouldn't have to go into politics if the men already there
> had some.

I salute you. And just want to point out that if you don't watch out, talk
like that will get you laid.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 15:40:10 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"blake murphy" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:11:56 -0700, Blinky the Shark
>> > wrote:

>>>Now they're in politics.

>> maybe they wouldn't have to go into politics if the men already there
>> had some.
>>

>I salute you. And just want to point out that if you don't watch out, talk
>like that will get you laid.

the good news is that i'm free, white and twenty-one.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mikie" > wrote in message
>I rid my kitchen of everything plastic, (I know, I'm a maniac)
>
> Now my fridge/freezer is overflowing with Mason Jars, pint, & quart
> size.
>
> Next step: to save space in fridge/freezer, by 'canning'. Duh? I
> haven't a clue as to where to begin.
>
> Help this bachelor, please?
> Michael

Try these:

http://www.freshpreserving.com/pages...d_foods/34.php

http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mikie" > wrote in message
>I rid my kitchen of everything plastic, (I know, I'm a maniac)
>
> Now my fridge/freezer is overflowing with Mason Jars, pint, & quart
> size.
>
> Next step: to save space in fridge/freezer, by 'canning'. Duh? I
> haven't a clue as to where to begin.
>
> Help this bachelor, please?
> Michael

You'll need to get rid of your refrigerator and freezer. They are both
lined with plastic.