Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Another CotD

http://wpcomics.washingtonpost.com/f...3/ga080703.gif
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> http://wpcomics.washingtonpost.com/f...3/ga080703.gif

That brings up a very old story. A few years before we left Rhode
Island we decided to plant fruit trees in our yard. Our inlaws had
given us two mulberry trees from their yard and we bought a few apple,
plum, and peach trees.

We then asked our children if there were any other trees they wanted.
Three year old son asked "Do potato chips grow on trees?"

;-)
gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gloria P said...

> Andy wrote:
>> http://wpcomics.washingtonpost.com/f...3/ga080703.gif

> That brings up a very old story. A few years before we left Rhode
> Island we decided to plant fruit trees in our yard. Our inlaws had
> given us two mulberry trees from their yard and we bought a few apple,
> plum, and peach trees.
>

> We then asked our children if there were any other trees they wanted.
> Three year old son asked "Do potato chips grow on trees?"
>
> ;-)
> gloria p

gloria p,

How darling!

Nor money, dammit!!!

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...
> Andy wrote:

http://wpcomics.washingtonpost.com/f...3/ga080703.gif

> That brings up a very old story. A few years before we left Rhode
> Island we decided to plant fruit trees in our yard. Our inlaws had
> given us two mulberry trees from their yard and we bought a few apple,
> plum, and peach trees.
>

> We then asked our children if there were any other trees they wanted.
> Three year old son asked "Do potato chips grow on trees?"
>
> ;-)
> gloria p

Hey, nice to meet up with a RI expat. Things are rotten here as usual.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 04:31:22 -0500, Andy <q> fired up random neurons
and synapses to opine:

>http://wpcomics.washingtonpost.com/f...3/ga080703.gif

Good one, Andy! And perfect timing! We took Grandchild Unit #2 to see
Wall-E this afternoon and the "captain" of the spaceship was all
atwitter to get back to Earth (700 years after the spaceship took off)
and plant some pizza seeds.

BTW, "Wall-E" rates right up there with "The Incredibles," IMHO. There
were a ton of adults in the theater with their kids/grandkids and the
adults were laughing harder and more often than the kids. Very, very
funny movie, although the voice-overs sounded very much like "ET."
Very pleasant way to spend an afternoon.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

-- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd said...

>>http://wpcomics.washingtonpost.com/f...3/ga080703.gif

> Good one, Andy! And perfect timing! We took Grandchild Unit #2 to see
> Wall-E this afternoon and the "captain" of the spaceship was all
> atwitter to get back to Earth (700 years after the spaceship took off)
> and plant some pizza seeds.
>
> BTW, "Wall-E" rates right up there with "The Incredibles," IMHO. There
> were a ton of adults in the theater with their kids/grandkids and the
> adults were laughing harder and more often than the kids. Very, very
> funny movie, although the voice-overs sounded very much like "ET."
> Very pleasant way to spend an afternoon.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

Terry,

Garfield? Talk about your random stroke o' luck! You're welcome!

Wall-E is on the DVD list.

Glad you had some laughs. Great medicine!!!

Chuckle,

Andy

CoTD sf[_9_] General Cooking 2 07-02-2009 11:47 PM
sf's CotD 7-20-07 sf[_3_] General Cooking 2 22-07-2007 10:17 PM
CotD from #5 sf[_3_] General Cooking 3 14-07-2007 06:02 PM
Midnight CotD (9-30-06) Andy General Cooking 1 30-09-2006 12:52 PM
Alt. CoTD maxine in ri General Cooking 6 30-05-2006 08:13 PM