modom

Default Good ribs

D and I ate well this evening.

Farewell, Hound. We spoke of you.

modom

http://koyote.com/users/modom/home.html
Bring a sandwich and relax.
levelwave

modom wrote:

> D and I ate well this evening.
>
> Farewell, Hound. We spoke of you.
>
> modom
>
> http://koyote.com/users/modom/home.html
> Bring a sandwich and relax.

http://koyote.com/users/modom/digital.html

Whose the naked chick with large breasts?...

~john!

modom

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 23:17:06 -0500, levelwave >
wrote:

>modom wrote:
>
>> D and I ate well this evening.
>>
>> Farewell, Hound. We spoke of you.
>>
>> modom
>>
>> http://koyote.com/users/modom/home.html
>> Bring a sandwich and relax.

>http://koyote.com/users/modom/digital.html
>
>Whose the naked chick with large breasts?...
>
>~john!

It's who's, not whose, Bubba Joe.

Second they're all paintings, not women. You can get a woman
pregnant, but you'll spill your seed in vain on a painting. This is a
difference, you might want to bear in mind as your life unfolds.

Mike
levelwave

Bob Ross wrote:

> It's who's, not whose, Bubba Joe.

thanks for pointing that out for me...

> Second they're all paintings, not women. You can get a woman
> pregnant, but you'll spill your seed in vain on a painting. This is a
> difference, you might want to bear in mind as your life unfolds.

Museum of Bad Art
10 Vogel St
Boston MA, 02132
phone/fax (617) 325-8224

please, no velvet Elvis's, reproductions, or factory paintings - thanks

~john!

modom

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 00:57:21 -0500, levelwave >
wrote:

>Bob Ross wrote:
>
>> It's who's, not whose, Bubba Joe.

>thanks for pointing that out for me...
>
>> Second they're all paintings, not women. You can get a woman
>> pregnant, but you'll spill your seed in vain on a painting. This is a
>> difference, you might want to bear in mind as your life unfolds.

>Museum of Bad Art
>10 Vogel St
>Boston MA, 02132
>phone/fax (617) 325-8224
>
>please, no velvet Elvis's, reproductions, or factory paintings - thanks
>
>~john!

I take it you don't care for my paintings, Bubba Joe. But why is
there an apostrophe in that last clause? Did Bob Ross command it?

Mike

Robert Klute

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 01:34:37 -0600, modom > wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 00:57:21 -0500, levelwave >
>wrote:
>

>>please, no velvet Elvis's, reproductions, or factory paintings - thanks
>>
>>~john!

>I take it you don't care for my paintings, Bubba Joe. But why is
>there an apostrophe in that last clause? Did Bob Ross command it?

It is amazing how many people have no clue as to how to pluralize words
and use an apostrophe to as substitute for the effort to find out.
Let's see now would that be Elvises or Elvi?
levelwave

Robert Klute wrote:

> It is amazing how many people have no clue as to how to pluralize words
> and use an apostrophe to as substitute for the effort to find out.
> Let's see now would that be Elvises or Elvi?

It's amazing how many people take the time to point out grammatical
errors in other people's posts... but then again people in my field are
notorious for bad spelling and/or grammar... English class was nap
time... Science and Math were play time...

~john!

Robert Klute

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:53:22 -0500, levelwave >
wrote:

>Robert Klute wrote:
>
>> It is amazing how many people have no clue as to how to pluralize words
>> and use an apostrophe to as substitute for the effort to find out.
>> Let's see now would that be Elvises or Elvi?

>It's amazing how many people take the time to point out grammatical
>errors in other people's posts... but then again people in my field are
>notorious for bad spelling and/or grammar... English class was nap
>time... Science and Math were play time...

Funny, a mathematician would never let me get away with 2 X 3 = 5, and
would point out that either the answer is 6 or I meant + not X. In the
written language spelling and grammar are rules that allow for clear,
understandable communication of the written word. Perhaps if you slept
less during English class you would be less misunderstood.
modom

wrote:

>Robert Klute wrote:
>
>> It is amazing how many people have no clue as to how to pluralize words
>> and use an apostrophe to as substitute for the effort to find out.
>> Let's see now would that be Elvises or Elvi?

>It's amazing how many people take the time to point out grammatical
>errors in other people's posts... but then again people in my field are
>notorious for bad spelling and/or grammar... English class was nap
>time... Science and Math were play time...
>
>~john!

Aha! And here I was thinking you were an art critic. My apologies.

(Actually, I shouldn't have snapped at you in the first place. We all
feel the need to defend our professions now and again, but this is not
a proper forum for such things. And by the way, my spelling sucks
rocks.)

Anyhow the ribs were very good.

modom

Since I lost the brindle cat,
The rats come right up and peer into the pot.
-- Han Shan
Default User

Robert Klute wrote:

> Funny, a mathematician would never let me get away with 2 X 3 = 5, and
> would point out that either the answer is 6 or I meant + not X. In the
> written language spelling and grammar are rules that allow for clear,
> understandable communication of the written word. Perhaps if you slept
> less during English class you would be less misunderstood.

There's a difference. If I say, "the correct form of possessive is
it's," then you have a perfect right to point out the error. Just having
made a grammatical or spelling error in a post is not a reason to
generate such a response. These posts aren't school papers, and you
aren't a teacher.

Brian Rodenborn

levelwave

modom wrote:

> Aha! And here I was thinking you were an art critic. My apologies.
>
> (Actually, I shouldn't have snapped at you in the first place. We all
> feel the need to defend our professions now and again, but this is not
> a proper forum for such things. And by the way, my spelling sucks
> rocks.)

apology accepted... now accept mine... I was a little surprised at your
hostility to my OP... I followed the link to your website and started
browsing through the various art galleries... I just inquired about the
lady to get you talking about your art and threw the breasts thing in
there for the heck of it... It occurred to me after I hit send that said
woman may possibly be a relative or wife... anyways... the paintings
were cool... and way better than anything Bob Ross churned out

~john!

Robert Klute

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:27:50 GMT, Default User
> wrote:

>Robert Klute wrote:
>
>> Funny, a mathematician would never let me get away with 2 X 3 = 5, and
>> would point out that either the answer is 6 or I meant + not X. In the
>> written language spelling and grammar are rules that allow for clear,
>> understandable communication of the written word. Perhaps if you slept
>> less during English class you would be less misunderstood.

>There's a difference. If I say, "the correct form of possessive is
>it's," then you have a perfect right to point out the error. Just having
>made a grammatical or spelling error in a post is not a reason to
>generate such a response. These posts aren't school papers, and you
>aren't a teacher.

You is correct, I is a mathematician. As an aside, my response was a
response to a response about a response with an errant apostrophe, not
the reponse to the response with missing e.

Robert Klute wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:27:50 GMT, Default User
> > wrote:

> >There's a difference. If I say, "the correct form of possessive is
> >it's," then you have a perfect right to point out the error. Just having
> >made a grammatical or spelling error in a post is not a reason to
> >generate such a response. These posts aren't school papers, and you
> >aren't a teacher.

> You is correct, I is a mathematician.

How can I be correct about you being a mathematician?

> As an aside, my response was a
> response to a response about a response with an errant apostrophe, not
> the reponse to the response with missing e.

Immaterial, as I replied only to the content of the post at hand.

Brian Rodenborn
Robert Klute

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:58:25 GMT, Default User
> wrote:

>Robert Klute wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:27:50 GMT, Default User
>> > wrote:

>> >There's a difference. If I say, "the correct form of possessive is
>> >it's," then you have a perfect right to point out the error. Just having
>> >made a grammatical or spelling error in a post is not a reason to
>> >generate such a response. These posts aren't school papers, and you
>> >aren't a teacher.

>> You is correct, I is a mathematician.

>How can I be correct about you being a mathematician?

Cute, but no less cute and flippant than my reply to your statement that
I am not a teacher. I do not claim to be a teacher, although I was an
instructor at the local community college for a couple of years.

>> As an aside, my response was a
>> response to a response about a response with an errant apostrophe, not
>> the reponse to the response with missing e.

>Immaterial, as I replied only to the content of the post at hand.

I am also not an English major and I make my fair share of grammatical
errors. Still, it irks me when technical people blow off imprecise use
of the language. I must admit the errors here are extremely mild
compared to what I see in my son's generation - where IM fonetik
spelling, cliquish acronyms, and emoticons rule.

modom

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:28:38 -0500, levelwave >
wrote:

>modom wrote:
>
>> Aha! And here I was thinking you were an art critic. My apologies.
>>
>> (Actually, I shouldn't have snapped at you in the first place. We all
>> feel the need to defend our professions now and again, but this is not
>> a proper forum for such things. And by the way, my spelling sucks
>> rocks.)

>apology accepted... now accept mine... I was a little surprised at your
>hostility to my OP... I followed the link to your website and started
>browsing through the various art galleries... I just inquired about the
>lady to get you talking about your art and threw the breasts thing in
>there for the heck of it... It occurred to me after I hit send that said
>woman may possibly be a relative or wife... anyways... the paintings
>were cool... and way better than anything Bob Ross churned out
>
>~john!

Thanks. Of course, I've seen blank canvasses that had more honesty
and visual appeal than BR's usual demonstration pieces.

The models are anonymous. I find the pictures various places and
munge them electronically and then redo them in paint. Lately I've
been painting mostly words, however. The dotted women are over with
for the time being. The dots are still hanging around, though.

OBFood: Chili dogs for dinner tonight because the chicken didn't thaw.

modom

Jack Schidt®

"Robert Klute" > wrote in message
> I am also not an English major and I make my fair share of grammatical
> errors. Still, it irks me when technical people blow off imprecise use
> of the language. I must admit the errors here are extremely mild
> compared to what I see in my son's generation - where IM fonetik
> spelling, cliquish acronyms, and emoticons rule.

me2. So, what are ur plans for T-day, LOL ;-O

Jack AOL

Robert Klute wrote:

> Cute, but no less cute and flippant than my reply to your statement that
> I am not a teacher. I do not claim to be a teacher, although I was an
> instructor at the local community college for a couple of years.

I was making a point. It isn't anyone's job, nor is it particularly
useful to go around correcting spelling and grammar on usenet, unless
it's to the point where the post in incomprehensible.

> I am also not an English major and I make my fair share of grammatical
> errors. Still, it irks me when technical people blow off imprecise use
> of the language.

Time and place. I do object to and correct poor language use in
documents and presentations at work (I'm an engineer), because such
errors are unprofessional.

Brian Rodenborn
Jack Sloan

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
om...

> "Robert Klute" > wrote in message
> > I am also not an English major and I make my fair share of grammatical
> > errors. Still, it irks me when technical people blow off imprecise use
> > of the language. I must admit the errors here are extremely mild
> > compared to what I see in my son's generation - where IM fonetik
> > spelling, cliquish acronyms, and emoticons rule.
> >

> me2. So, what are ur plans for T-day, LOL ;-O
>
> Jack AOL

Dammit ,Jack How many times do I have to tell you it's 2day.
Jack

The ribs were good.. Brian Christiansen General Cooking 0 05-12-2010 07:16 AM
Finally, good short ribs [email protected][_2_] Barbecue 13 06-11-2009 09:20 AM
finaly good ribs A. Kesteloo Barbecue 4 04-07-2007 10:52 PM
Pork ribs from Denmark. Any good? Abe Barbecue 14 03-06-2007 02:10 AM
Besides Brisket and Ribs, good beef for BBQ'ing? 43fan Barbecue 14 02-03-2006 08:42 PM