Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default That's Just Wrong

So speaking of beer <g>, some Yuropeen brewery is trying to take over Bud.

Bud!

That's just so wrong.

Hey! Keep yer flippin' hands offa the institution!

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Why ? Are you worried they might start adding Taste and Flavour to your
"beer" ?

Steve

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Hey! Keep yer flippin' hands offa the institution!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Y > wrote in
:

> Why ? Are you worried they might start adding Taste and
> Flavour to your "beer" ?

no kidding...
although it most likely wouldn't have any noticable effect at
all on the "beer". it wouldn't make sense to actually add good
ingredients like hops & grain to it if the public is more than
willing to pay for horse ****.
that said, Budweiser does have some microbrews that aren't
horrible. they aren't particularly good either, but they have
more taste than Bud. their Hop Devil is really pathetic
though. i guess the hops waded through with boots on, because
you sure can't taste it! i admit to being a hop head, &
despite it being a Budweiser product, i really did expect
something called Hop Devil to have *some* hop flavor...
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 12, 2:21*am, Blinky the Shark > wrote:
> So speaking of beer <g>, some Yuropeen brewery is trying to take over Bud.
>
> Bud!
>
> That's just so wrong.

Bud is mass-brewed American ****-water. Even though European beers
(especially Belgium) are light years ahead of us, I doubt they will
change the actual beer itself.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 00:21:55 -0700, Blinky the Shark
> wrote:

>So speaking of beer <g>, some Yuropeen brewery is trying to take over Bud.
>
>Bud!
>
>That's just so wrong.
>
>Hey! Keep yer flippin' hands offa the institution!

i have no doubt that no matter who owns it, they will still keep
turning out all-american swill. rest easy, blinky.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:43:24 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
> wrote:

>Blinky the Shark >
>news >rec.food.cooking
>

>> So speaking of beer <g>, some Yuropeen brewery is trying to take over
>> Bud.
>>
>> Bud!
>>
>> That's just so wrong.
>>
>> Hey! Keep yer flippin' hands offa the institution!

>Trying but the will probably not succeed in the endeavor. They only way
>it'll ever happen is if the Bush boys get together and agree on it. THAT
>is very doubtful.
>
>Michael

there have been rumors of a buyout/takeover for two or three years
now. i doubt the product will change much.

but i hope cindy mccain is covered in case john loses the election.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 12, 2:21 am, Blinky the Shark > wrote:
> So speaking of beer <g>, some Yuropeen brewery is trying to take over Bud.
>
> Bud!
>
> That's just so wrong.
>
> Hey! Keep yer flippin' hands offa the institution!
>
> --
> Blinky

I don't think any non-USA entity should be allowed to buy any US land,
companies or any other kind of property within the boundaries of the
U.S. But I'm sure I'm one of the few who feel like that. I think
it's just wrong that the Japanese, for example, own huge chunks of
U.S. real estate.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 12, 8:28 am, enigma > wrote:
> Steve Y > wrote :
>
> > Why ? Are you worried they might start adding Taste and
> > Flavour to your "beer" ?

> no kidding...
> although it most likely wouldn't have any noticable effect at
> all on the "beer". it wouldn't make sense to actually add good
> ingredients like hops & grain to it if the public is more than
> willing to pay for horse ****.

Who is the arbiter of what is "good beer?" It's all subjective. I
happen to like Miller Lite. Maybe <I> am the defining taster, and all
the prissy "microbrews" are horse ****.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:
> On Jun 12, 2:21 am, Blinky the Shark > wrote:
>> So speaking of beer <g>, some Yuropeen brewery is trying to take over Bud.
>>
>> Bud!
>>
>> That's just so wrong.
>>
>> Hey! Keep yer flippin' hands offa the institution!
>>
>> --
>> Blinky

> I don't think any non-USA entity should be allowed to buy any US land,
> companies or any other kind of property within the boundaries of the
> U.S. But I'm sure I'm one of the few who feel like that. I think
> it's just wrong that the Japanese, for example, own huge chunks of
> U.S. real estate.

Like the Italians with a controlling interest in the NY Flatiron building?
Or the Abu-Dhabi concern negotiating for the Chrysler building?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote on Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:27:26 -0700 (PDT):

> On Jun 12, 8:28 am, enigma > wrote:
>> Steve Y > wrote
>> :
>>
> >> Why ? Are you worried they might start adding Taste and
> >> Flavour to your "beer" ?

>> no kidding...
>> although it most likely wouldn't have any noticable effect
>> at all on the "beer". it wouldn't make sense to actually add
>> good ingredients like hops & grain to it if the public is
>> more than willing to pay for horse ****.

> Who is the arbiter of what is "good beer?" It's all
> subjective. I happen to like Miller Lite. Maybe <I> am the
> defining taster, and all the prissy "microbrews" are horse
> ****.

Drink what you like of course but why insult others' tastes? It's simply
not worth the trouble to say that you do or don't like a popular beer.
Budweiser seems to sell pretty well in Britain even if I only like it
cold enough to have floating ice crystals .

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I think us Brits own a fair bit of Florida from what I've been reading

Nancy2 wrote:
> I think > it's just wrong that the Japanese, for example, own huge chunks of
> U.S. real estate.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
news

> So speaking of beer <g>, some Yuropeen brewery is trying to take over Bud.
>
> Bud!
>
> That's just so wrong.
>
> Hey! Keep yer flippin' hands offa the institution!
>

> --
> Blinky

See below;

Welcome to a WEAK DOLLAR!
--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

InBev woos Anheuser-Busch as takeover concerns mount

4 hours ago

BRUSSELS (AFP) - Belgian-Brazilian brewing giant InBev wooed Anheuser-Busch
on Thursday, vowing to respect its St. Louis heritage and not close any US
breweries if it accepts a 46-billion-dollar (30-billion-euro) takeover bid.
InBev, which already owns leading brands such as Stella Artois, Beck's,
Leffe and Brahma, offered 65 dollars a share for Anheuser-Busch on
Wednesday, seeking to build an unrivalled global brewer.
Even though the St. Louis, Missouri-based company said it would "review the
merits" of the takeover, InBev faces stiff opposition from local politicians
and beer lovers, who were quick to attack the takeover.
The success of the takeover offer will ultimately be decided by
Anheuser-Busch's shareholders.
In early trading in New York, the US beer-maker's stock was 5.9 percent
stronger at 61.87 dollars while in Brussels InBev shares fared even better,
surging 6.17 percent to close at 50.21 euros.
Eager to ease fears about the takeover, InBev chief executive Carlos Brito
said that Anheuser-Busch's hometown of St. Louis would not be only the
headquarters of the combined group's North American business but also its
international brands.
Moreover, Anheuser-Busch's well-known Budweiser brew would become the merged
company's global flagship brand alongside InBev's Stella Artois, Beck's and
Brahma lines.
"We see the potential to take the Budweiser brand and develop it across our
foot print," Brito told a conference call, detailing the deal.
But perhaps more importantly for Anheuser-Busch's employees, Britos said:
"There will be no closure of US breweries as part of this transaction."
With a takeover, InBev, which claims the title of the world's biggest beer
maker, would create close to a 100-billion-dollar business in the most
ambitious act of corporate consolidation since last year's credit crunch
shook the markets.
Anheuser-Busch, which traces its roots to the 1850s, has historically been
cool on being sold, with the Busch family playing a major role.
Britos assurances come amid anxiety about the deal in Missouri, where
Governor Matt Blunt said in a statement he considered the bid "deeply
troubling" and said he was "strongly opposed to the sale of Anheuser-Busch."
"Anheuser-Busch is a great Missouri company, a great employer, a great
corporate citizen and the maker of great products that are enjoyed in
Missouri and around the world," he said.
Meanwhile a website, SaveBudweiser.com, was collecting signatures in an
online petition opposing the sale.
"We will need to scream now more than ever to make sure that the board of
directors and others involved hear our voices and that we don't want them to
accept the offer," said a notice on the website, the operators of which were
not identified.
As of Thursday, more than 31,000 people had signed the online petition.
Analyst Kris Kippers at Belgian brokerage Petercam said that although 65
dollars a share was "a good bid," InBev might have to raise its offer to win
shareholders over.
"To have a knock-out bid I think the market would expect 70 dollars," he
told AFP.
While not ruling out a higher offer entirely, Britos stressed: "I think our
65 dollar all-cash offer is a full and fair price."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
news

> So speaking of beer <g>, some Yuropeen brewery is trying to take over Bud.
>
> Bud!
>
> That's just so wrong.
>
> Hey! Keep yer flippin' hands offa the institution!
>

> --
> Blinky
> Killing all posts from Google Groups
> The Usenet Improvement Project --> http://improve-usenet.org
> Found 5/08: a free GG-blocking news *feed* --> http://usenet4all.se

And Coors is owned by Canadians.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
On Jun 12, 2:21 am, Blinky the Shark > wrote:
> So speaking of beer <g>, some Yuropeen brewery is trying to take over Bud.
>
> Bud!
>
> That's just so wrong.

Bud is mass-brewed American ****-water. Even though European beers
(especially Belgium) are light years ahead of us, I doubt they will
change the actual beer itself.

-sw

The difference is that one drinks American ****-water to get drunk. European
beers are for taste only-not to get drunk (hurts too much the next day).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

InBev stated:
"Moreover, Anheuser-Busch's well-known Budweiser brew would become the
merged company's global flagship brand alongside InBev's Stella Artois,
Beck's and Brahma lines."
"'We see the potential to take the Budweiser brand and develop it across
our foot print'"

Seems they might receive some opposition from the Czechs over that!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kswck" > wrote in
:

> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
> news
>>
>> So speaking of beer <g>, some Yuropeen brewery is trying to take over
>> Bud.
>>
>> Bud!
>>
>> That's just so wrong.
>>
>> Hey! Keep yer flippin' hands offa the institution!
>>

>> --
>> Blinky
>> Killing all posts from Google Groups
>> The Usenet Improvement Project --> http://improve-usenet.org
>> Found 5/08: a free GG-blocking news *feed* --> http://usenet4all.se
>>

> And Coors is owned by Canadians.

That's why it tastes better, we put some alcohol in it.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"hahabogus" > wrote in message
> "Kswck" > wrote in
> :
>

>> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
>> news
>>>
>>> So speaking of beer <g>, some Yuropeen brewery is trying to take over
>>> Bud.
>>>
>>> Bud!
>>>
>>> That's just so wrong.
>>>
>>> Hey! Keep yer flippin' hands offa the institution!
>>>

>>> --
>>> Blinky
>>> Killing all posts from Google Groups
>>> The Usenet Improvement Project --> http://improve-usenet.org
>>> Found 5/08: a free GG-blocking news *feed* --> http://usenet4all.se
>>>

>> And Coors is owned by Canadians.
>>

> That's why it tastes better, we put some alcohol in it.
>
> --
>
> The house of the burning beet-Alan

But it doesn't turn green anymore. Pasturization-Feh!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

l, not -l wrote:
> On 12-Jun-2008, Nancy2 > wrote:
>
>> I don't think any non-USA entity should be allowed to buy any US land,
>> companies or any other kind of property within the boundaries of the
>> U.S. But I'm sure I'm one of the few who feel like that. I think
>> it's just wrong that the Japanese, for example, own huge chunks of
>> U.S. real estate.
>>
>> N.

> What would you have them do with the money we keep sending them every year?
> The only way to sustain a deficit in foreign trade the way we have, and will
> continue to do, is if the money that goes for all those cheap shoes,
> handbags, clothes, electronics, fruit, tainted pet food, etc. comes back as
> loans and investments. Sustain until we have nothing left to sell, that
> is; look at all the old-line brands currently owned by Nestle (hundreds of
> brands, such as Purina, Carnation, Stouffer's...) , ElectroLux
> (Westinghouse, Frigidaire, Eureka), et al. We mortgaged American
> businesses a long time ago to pay for all the crap sitting in the
> basement/garage/attic/closet/game-room/Goodwill

Thats an accurate statement.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12-Jun-2008, Nancy2 > wrote:

> I don't think any non-USA entity should be allowed to buy any US land,
> companies or any other kind of property within the boundaries of the
> U.S.

If that's what you think, then you better do something about
the trade deficit, because foreign ownership of US real-estate
and businesses is inevitable because it is what we are in effect
offering in trade for any goods imported to the U.S.

Another way of putting it is we can't pay them dollars
for their products, and then turn around and say "your
dollars are no good" when they want to buy our stuff.

This is one reason I think the U.S. real estate downturn
is very temporary -- too many international dollars
looking to buy.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:
> On Jun 12, 2:21 am, Blinky the Shark > wrote:
>> So speaking of beer <g>, some Yuropeen brewery is trying to take over Bud.
>>
>> Bud!
>>
>> That's just so wrong.
>>
>> Hey! Keep yer flippin' hands offa the institution!
>>
>> --
>> Blinky

> I don't think any non-USA entity should be allowed to buy any US land,
> companies or any other kind of property within the boundaries of the
> U.S. But I'm sure I'm one of the few who feel like that. I think
> it's just wrong that the Japanese, for example, own huge chunks of
> U.S. real estate.
>
> N.

Does it also bother you that China owns billions in U.S.
loan debt?

Is it OK for U.S. citizens or entities (banks?) to own
foreign property?

Is it OK for farmers to sell their crops or animals in
foreign countries?

A global economy works both ways.

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:

> Nancy2 wrote on Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:27:26 -0700 (PDT):
>
> > On Jun 12, 8:28 am, enigma > wrote:
> >> Steve Y > wrote
> >> :

> >> no kidding...
> >> although it most likely wouldn't have any noticable effect
> >> at all on the "beer". it wouldn't make sense to actually add
> >> good ingredients like hops & grain to it if the public is
> >> more than willing to pay for horse ****.

> > Who is the arbiter of what is "good beer?" It's all
> > subjective. I happen to like Miller Lite. Maybe <I> am the
> > defining taster, and all the prissy "microbrews" are horse
> > ****.

> Drink what you like of course but why insult others' tastes? It's simply
> not worth the trouble to say that you do or don't like a popular beer.
> Budweiser seems to sell pretty well in Britain even if I only like it
> cold enough to have floating ice crystals .
>
> --
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland

But the Budweiser sold in the UK (which is usually the Czech version)
isn't the same as the US Bud in any case. Anheuser/Busch stole the name
of a perfectly decent Czech beer and have been using it on their
coloured water ever since.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 00:21:55 -0700, Blinky the Shark >
> wrote:
>

>>So speaking of beer <g>, some Yuropeen brewery is trying to take over
>>Bud.
>>
>>Bud!
>>
>>That's just so wrong.
>>
>>Hey! Keep yer flippin' hands offa the institution!

> i have no doubt that no matter who owns it, they will still keep turning
> out all-american swill. rest easy, blinky.

Good. Whew!

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project --> http://improve-usenet.org
Found 5/08: a free GG-blocking news *feed* --> http://usenet4all.se

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Bell wrote:

> Nancy2 wrote:
>> On Jun 12, 2:21 am, Blinky the Shark > wrote:
>>> So speaking of beer <g>, some Yuropeen brewery is trying to take over
>>> Bud.
>>>
>>> Bud!
>>>
>>> That's just so wrong.
>>>
>>> Hey! Keep yer flippin' hands offa the institution!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Blinky

>> I don't think any non-USA entity should be allowed to buy any US land,
>> companies or any other kind of property within the boundaries of the
>> U.S. But I'm sure I'm one of the few who feel like that. I think it's
>> just wrong that the Japanese, for example, own huge chunks of U.S. real
>> estate.

> Like the Italians with a controlling interest in the NY Flatiron building?
> Or the Abu-Dhabi concern negotiating for the Chrysler building?

Speaking of flatirons, I noticed today that Sizzler - a USan
steak-and-stuff chain - has added a flatiron steak entree. I noticed
because that is my current favorite reasonably-priced cow chunk for
grilling.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project --> http://improve-usenet.org
Found 5/08: a free GG-blocking news *feed* --> http://usenet4all.se

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kswck > wrote:

> The difference is that one drinks American ****-water to get drunk. European
> beers are for taste only-not to get drunk (hurts too much the next day).

I can't drink Bud/Miller/Whatever fast enough to get a buzz. I'd
get sick from all that crap sloshing aroud in my stomach.

I try not to drink anything under 7%, which rules out anything but
the better American microbrews and 90% of the Belgians :-)

Steve's Motto: Drink Less, Drink Better.
(OK, so I stole that from Unibroue, sosueme)

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 16:45:30 -0600, Gloria P >
wrote:

>Nancy2 wrote:
>> On Jun 12, 2:21 am, Blinky the Shark > wrote:
>>> So speaking of beer <g>, some Yuropeen brewery is trying to take over Bud.
>>>
>>> Bud!
>>>
>>> That's just so wrong.
>>>
>>> Hey! Keep yer flippin' hands offa the institution!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Blinky

>> I don't think any non-USA entity should be allowed to buy any US land,
>> companies or any other kind of property within the boundaries of the
>> U.S. But I'm sure I'm one of the few who feel like that. I think
>> it's just wrong that the Japanese, for example, own huge chunks of
>> U.S. real estate.
>>
>> N.

>Does it also bother you that China owns billions in U.S.
>loan debt?
>
>Is it OK for U.S. citizens or entities (banks?) to own
>foreign property?

NO

>Is it OK for farmers to sell their crops or animals in
>foreign countries?

NO

>A global economy works both ways.

Mexico requires any foreign investment be limited to 49% and the
balance 51% be a Mexican national.

We don't have this requirement because we are PC and stupid!!

>gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Bell wrote:

> InBev stated:
> "Moreover, Anheuser-Busch's well-known Budweiser brew would become the
> merged company's global flagship brand alongside InBev's Stella Artois,
> Beck's and Brahma lines."
> "'We see the potential to take the Budweiser brand and develop it across
> our foot print'"

Oh, great -- beer that tastes of toe jam.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project --> http://improve-usenet.org
Found 5/08: a free GG-blocking news *feed* --> http://usenet4all.se

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kswck wrote:

> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
> news
>>
>> So speaking of beer <g>, some Yuropeen brewery is trying to take over
>> Bud.
>>
>> Bud!
>>
>> That's just so wrong.
>>
>> Hey! Keep yer flippin' hands offa the institution!
>>

>> --
>> Blinky
>> Killing all posts from Google Groups
>> The Usenet Improvement Project --> http://improve-usenet.org Found
>> 5/08: a free GG-blocking news *feed* --> http://usenet4all.se
>>

> And Coors is owned by Canadians.

I did not know that.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project --> http://improve-usenet.org
Found 5/08: a free GG-blocking news *feed* --> http://usenet4all.se

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:
> On Jun 12, 2:21 am, Blinky the Shark > wrote:
> > So speaking of beer <g>, some Yuropeen brewery is trying to take over Bud.
> >
> > Bud!
> >
> > That's just so wrong.
> >
> > Hey! Keep yer flippin' hands offa the institution!
> >
> > --
> > Blinky

> I don't think any non-USA entity should be allowed to buy any US land,
> companies or any other kind of property within the boundaries of the
> U.S. But I'm sure I'm one of the few who feel like that. I think
> it's just wrong that the Japanese, for example, own huge chunks of
> U.S. real estate.
>
> N.

Yea, we could have all this really hurt us in the end.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Bell wrote:
> Nancy2 wrote:
> > On Jun 12, 2:21 am, Blinky the Shark > wrote:
> >> So speaking of beer <g>, some Yuropeen brewery is trying to take over Bud.
> >>
> >> Bud!
> >>
> >> That's just so wrong.
> >>
> >> Hey! Keep yer flippin' hands offa the institution!
> >>
> >> --
> >> Blinky

> > I don't think any non-USA entity should be allowed to buy any US land,
> > companies or any other kind of property within the boundaries of the
> > U.S. But I'm sure I'm one of the few who feel like that. I think
> > it's just wrong that the Japanese, for example, own huge chunks of
> > U.S. real estate.

> Like the Italians with a controlling interest in the NY Flatiron building?
> Or the Abu-Dhabi concern negotiating for the Chrysler building?

Almost got the Saudis controlling our ports from Dubai. Bush said the
world will but America, there is a time to say he is lying and a time
to take him seriously in his words.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:
> Nancy2 wrote on Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:27:26 -0700 (PDT):
>
> > On Jun 12, 8:28 am, enigma > wrote:
> >> Steve Y > wrote
> >> :

> >> no kidding...
> >> although it most likely wouldn't have any noticable effect
> >> at all on the "beer". it wouldn't make sense to actually add
> >> good ingredients like hops & grain to it if the public is
> >> more than willing to pay for horse ****.

> > Who is the arbiter of what is "good beer?" It's all
> > subjective. I happen to like Miller Lite. Maybe <I> am the
> > defining taster, and all the prissy "microbrews" are horse
> > ****.

> Drink what you like of course but why insult others' tastes? It's simply
> not worth the trouble to say that you do or don't like a popular beer.
> Budweiser seems to sell pretty well in Britain even if I only like it
> cold enough to have floating ice crystals .

We have some British style Brew Pubs I like that know how to serve a
nice guiness, give me a good warm guiness please. Kind of expensive,
but after picking it up and a sip all is good.

Many of the bars serve only PBR Pabst on tap, that is one I cannot
stand. I'm not much of a bar person but they did outlaw smoking in our
bars. I'll smoke one ever now and then but despise taking a shower in
the AM and relive the night by smelling that smoke that I was exposed
to the night before. Being around A hundred or two people who are
smoking about to smoke or had just smoked is is not much fun..

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:
> On Jun 12, 8:28 am, enigma > wrote:
> > Steve Y > wrote :
> >
> > > Why ? Are you worried they might start adding Taste and
> > > Flavour to your "beer" ?

> > no kidding...
> > although it most likely wouldn't have any noticable effect at
> > all on the "beer". it wouldn't make sense to actually add good
> > ingredients like hops & grain to it if the public is more than
> > willing to pay for horse ****.

> Who is the arbiter of what is "good beer?" It's all subjective. I
> happen to like Miller Lite. Maybe <I> am the defining taster, and all
> the prissy "microbrews" are horse ****.
>
> N.

What I do know is that bad beer exists. Like some of the the inner
city 40oz varieties. I kind of like miller. Probablly better than
genuine draft. I like the killians for the coors family they now have
molson which is nice canadain beer.

Ive never got what the deal is with most of the microbrews, ever time
I get the stuff it just well be whatever with strange combination of
flavors in it in a regular beer.. I even hate them in ski and college
towns where they
are very popular.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

You like warm Guiness ? What do you consider warm ?

wrote:
> James Silverton wrote:
>, give me a good warm guiness please. Kind of expensive,
> but after picking it up and a sip all is good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kswck wrote:
> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
> news
> >
> > So speaking of beer <g>, some Yuropeen brewery is trying to take over Bud.
> >
> > Bud!
> >
> > That's just so wrong.
> >
> > Hey! Keep yer flippin' hands offa the institution!
> >

> > --
> > Blinky
> > Killing all posts from Google Groups
> > The Usenet Improvement Project --> http://improve-usenet.org
> > Found 5/08: a free GG-blocking news *feed* --> http://usenet4all.se
> >

> And Coors is owned by Canadians.

Actually I am a native of Colorado, been to the coors plant many
times, family friends who worked there. Molson was take over by coors
I understand coors got molson. Sad, I liked Molson.

Pete coors ran for senate and lost (R)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gloria P wrote:
> Nancy2 wrote:
> > On Jun 12, 2:21 am, Blinky the Shark > wrote:
> >> So speaking of beer <g>, some Yuropeen brewery is trying to take over Bud.
> >>
> >> Bud!
> >>
> >> That's just so wrong.
> >>
> >> Hey! Keep yer flippin' hands offa the institution!
> >>
> >> --
> >> Blinky

> > I don't think any non-USA entity should be allowed to buy any US land,
> > companies or any other kind of property within the boundaries of the
> > U.S. But I'm sure I'm one of the few who feel like that. I think
> > it's just wrong that the Japanese, for example, own huge chunks of
> > U.S. real estate.
> >
> > N.

> Does it also bother you that China owns billions in U.S.
> loan debt?
>
> Is it OK for U.S. citizens or entities (banks?) to own
> foreign property?
>
> Is it OK for farmers to sell their crops or animals in
> foreign countries?
>
> A global economy works both ways.
>
> gloria p

With all respect to your views,

Yea, worked since NAFTA, then CAFTA, huh?

Government sells out our interests for monetary and political gain.

We need to be alert.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.drink.beer,alt.beer

hahabogus wrote:
> "Kswck" > wrote in
> :
>

> > "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
> > news
> >>
> >> So speaking of beer <g>, some Yuropeen brewery is trying to take over
> >> Bud.
> >>
> >> Bud!
> >>
> >> That's just so wrong.
> >>
> >> Hey! Keep yer flippin' hands offa the institution!
> >>

> >> --
> >> Blinky
> >> Killing all posts from Google Groups
> >> The Usenet Improvement Project --> http://improve-usenet.org
> >> Found 5/08: a free GG-blocking news *feed* --> http://usenet4all.se
> >>

> > And Coors is owned by Canadians.
> >

> That's why it tastes better, we put some alcohol in it.

The definition of beer turns into malt liquor over %6 in the US. There
are some 'beers' that I believe I have seen
that are %24. We have malt liquor that smells and tastes like a weak
whiskey but a good full flavored different
style of beer.

I like a can of fosters every now and then, I guess Australian,
Sopporo from Japan, Dos Equis from mexico
used to like Molson, sam adams is nice US beer. Grolsh is from Holland
I think, Becks is a nice German beer.
St. Pauli Girl is another nice beer from the same source.

What are some of the well known basics I am missing?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Y wrote:
> You like warm Guiness ? What do you consider warm ?

unrefrigerated. Room temperature. Maybe 70 degrees. 68, 60, 50
degrees, whatever.

It's a dark beer,

Beer has survived all these years? Without refrigineration, right?

Guinness totally sucks in the refrigerated can form,, but on tap, if
they know how it should be served, it kicks ass.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 > wrote in

ps.com:

> On Jun 12, 8:28 am, enigma > wrote:
>> Steve Y > wrote
>> :
>>
>> > Why ? Are you worried they might start adding Taste and
>> > Flavour to your "beer" ?

>> no kidding...
>> although it most likely wouldn't have any noticable
>> effect at
>> all on the "beer". it wouldn't make sense to actually add
>> good ingredients like hops & grain to it if the public is
>> more than willing to pay for horse ****.

> Who is the arbiter of what is "good beer?" It's all
> subjective. I happen to like Miller Lite. Maybe <I> am
> the defining taster, and all the prissy "microbrews" are
> horse ****.

<shrug> i brew our beer. microbrews are hard to find &
expensive (particularly in NH where *each label* sold costs
the winery/brewery $500, & microbrews generally aren't going
to shell out for more than one, if at all).
Americans prefer beers that are mildly flavored,
consistantly. i have no idea why, but flavors like hops, or
fruits or herbs, dark beers, stouts... have a limited market.
i suppose it's because those consistantly low-flavor beers
are good iced. and Americans get sold that Bud, Coors, Miller
are the thing to drink, so they do & they don't like to vary
from the "safety" of what is known to them. not my problem, &
i don't see any reason that a large EU brewer buying Budweiser
would change what sells. Bud is cheap to make. why change it?
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
It wasn't there again today
The host resolved to NSA.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 > wrote in

oups.com:

> On Jun 12, 2:21 am, Blinky the Shark >
> wrote:
>> So speaking of beer <g>, some Yuropeen brewery is trying
>> to take over Bud.
>>
>> Bud!
>>
>> That's just so wrong.
>>
>> Hey! Keep yer flippin' hands offa the institution!
>>
>> --
>> Blinky

> I don't think any non-USA entity should be allowed to buy
> any US land, companies or any other kind of property within
> the boundaries of the U.S. But I'm sure I'm one of the few
> who feel like that. I think it's just wrong that the
> Japanese, for example, own huge chunks of U.S. real estate.

so do the Germans, although they've been selling for the past
few years. most big agribiz farms in the US have foreign
owners or are heavily invested in by European or Japanese
businesses.
there are states that lease their toll highway systems to
European businesses (mostly Italian & Spanish).
lee