Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tools To Ponder

Seller doesn't know what this is. I saw a similar item
on the Antiques Roadshow that was identified as a lemon/lime
squeezer, but it was mush smaller and had slots to let
the juice run out. I think this tool is definitely a
squeezer for something. From the photos, it looks like
the something was black on one side.

Seller thinks this may be a dough scraper. It certainly
appears to be a scraper, but I think it's more likely to be
for a material that you're not collecting, such as ice.

I'm thinking this could be useful for defrosting my freezer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 7, 4:42*pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> Seller doesn't know what this is. *I saw a similar item
> on the Antiques Roadshow that was identified as a lemon/lime
> squeezer, but it was mush smaller and had slots to let
> the juice run out. *I think this tool is definitely a
> squeezer for something. *From the photos, it looks like
> the something was black on one side.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140238006804

Would it maybe be a tool to use in carding wool fiber, or some other
function involved in spinning yarn or weaving? I can't imagine a
kitchen use for it.

> Seller thinks this may be a dough scraper. *It certainly
> appears to be a scraper, but I think it's more likely to be
> for a material that you're not collecting, such as ice.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270243770306
>
> I'm thinking this could be useful for defrosting my freezer.

You might have something there for the freezer - there wouldn't be any
reason for a dough scraper to have such a long handle and such a
narrow blade - unless it was a one-off tool made for a specific
bakery. It looks like a mini-hoe. Or maybe it was used in making
cheese....

N.