FoodBanter.com

-   -   Kitchenaid Stand Mixer (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/1546-kitchenaid-stand-mixer.html)

dutchovenguy 25-10-2003 04:25 PM

Kitchenaid Stand Mixer

I just got one of the Kitchenaid 6-Quart stand mixers via Amazon.

When I place the flat mixing blade on, and turn the handle to bring up the
bowl, the blade slightly touches the bowl. Is this normal? I thought the
blade wasn't supposed to touch the bowl.

Thanks,
Cary
www.wwiivehicles.com

AChrist787 25-10-2003 05:20 PM

Kitchenaid Stand Mixer

>When I place the flat mixing blade on, and turn the handle to bring up the
>bowl, the blade slightly touches the bowl. Is this normal? I thought the
>blade wasn't supposed to touch the bowl.

It isn't supposed to touch the bowl Cary. Look in the manual that came with it
and they should give you the adjustment directions. If you can't find them,
let me know and I'll send them to you.

Anne

AAC/AAF/AFBV62.0844.AZ
http://www.tckworld.com/opfoot

[email protected] 25-10-2003 05:23 PM

Kitchenaid Stand Mixer

In rec.food.cooking, dutchovenguy > wrote:

> When I place the flat mixing blade on, and turn the handle to bring up the
> bowl, the blade slightly touches the bowl. Is this normal? I thought the
> blade wasn't supposed to touch the bowl.

The blade should not touch the bowl. Is your bowl warped? Is it on
crooked? Is the blade bent?

What happens when you use the wire wisk? If that doesn't touch, I'd
suspect the flat blade is the problem.

--
....I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who

dutchovenguy 25-10-2003 06:13 PM

Kitchenaid Stand Mixer

I have the screw that does the adjustment turned counter clockwise like the
manual says to make the bowl lower. However, it still slighly touches. I
notice that if below speed 2 I can barely hear the touching... above speed 2
the blade doesn't touch from the blade rising at higher speed.

Thanks,
Cary

dutchovenguy 25-10-2003 06:13 PM

Kitchenaid Stand Mixer

I don't see any damage/bent/warped to the equipment.

The wire wisk does not touch.

Thanks,
Cary

David Wright 25-10-2003 06:58 PM

Kitchenaid Stand Mixer

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 15:25:56 GMT, "dutchovenguy" > wrote:

>I just got one of the Kitchenaid 6-Quart stand mixers via Amazon.
>
>When I place the flat mixing blade on, and turn the handle to bring up the
>bowl, the blade slightly touches the bowl. Is this normal? I thought the
>blade wasn't supposed to touch the bowl.
>
>Thanks,
>Cary
>www.wwiivehicles.com

Check the instruction booklet. On my 4 1/2-qt. model there's an
adjustment screw for that very purpose.

David