dutchovenguy

Default Kitchenaid Stand Mixer

I just got one of the Kitchenaid 6-Quart stand mixers via Amazon.

When I place the flat mixing blade on, and turn the handle to bring up the
bowl, the blade slightly touches the bowl. Is this normal? I thought the
blade wasn't supposed to touch the bowl.

Thanks,
Cary
www.wwiivehicles.com

AChrist787

>When I place the flat mixing blade on, and turn the handle to bring up the
>bowl, the blade slightly touches the bowl. Is this normal? I thought the
>blade wasn't supposed to touch the bowl.

It isn't supposed to touch the bowl Cary. Look in the manual that came with it
and they should give you the adjustment directions. If you can't find them,
let me know and I'll send them to you.

Anne

AAC/AAF/AFBV62.0844.AZ
http://www.tckworld.com/opfoot

In rec.food.cooking, dutchovenguy > wrote:

> When I place the flat mixing blade on, and turn the handle to bring up the
> bowl, the blade slightly touches the bowl. Is this normal? I thought the
> blade wasn't supposed to touch the bowl.

The blade should not touch the bowl. Is your bowl warped? Is it on
crooked? Is the blade bent?

What happens when you use the wire wisk? If that doesn't touch, I'd
suspect the flat blade is the problem.

--
....I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who
dutchovenguy

I have the screw that does the adjustment turned counter clockwise like the
manual says to make the bowl lower. However, it still slighly touches. I
notice that if below speed 2 I can barely hear the touching... above speed 2
the blade doesn't touch from the blade rising at higher speed.

Thanks,
Cary

"AChrist787" > wrote in message
> >When I place the flat mixing blade on, and turn the handle to bring up

the
> >bowl, the blade slightly touches the bowl. Is this normal? I thought the
> >blade wasn't supposed to touch the bowl.

> It isn't supposed to touch the bowl Cary. Look in the manual that came

with it
> and they should give you the adjustment directions. If you can't find

them,
> let me know and I'll send them to you.
>
> Anne
>
> AAC/AAF/AFBV62.0844.AZ
> http://www.tckworld.com/opfoot

dutchovenguy

I don't see any damage/bent/warped to the equipment.

The wire wisk does not touch.

Thanks,
Cary

> wrote in message
> In rec.food.cooking, dutchovenguy > wrote:
>
> > When I place the flat mixing blade on, and turn the handle to bring up

the
> > bowl, the blade slightly touches the bowl. Is this normal? I thought the
> > blade wasn't supposed to touch the bowl.

> The blade should not touch the bowl. Is your bowl warped? Is it on
> crooked? Is the blade bent?
>
> What happens when you use the wire wisk? If that doesn't touch, I'd
> suspect the flat blade is the problem.
>
> --
> ...I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...
>
> - The Who

David Wright

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 15:25:56 GMT, "dutchovenguy" > wrote:

>I just got one of the Kitchenaid 6-Quart stand mixers via Amazon.
>
>When I place the flat mixing blade on, and turn the handle to bring up the
>bowl, the blade slightly touches the bowl. Is this normal? I thought the
>blade wasn't supposed to touch the bowl.
>
>Thanks,
>Cary
>www.wwiivehicles.com

Check the instruction booklet. On my 4 1/2-qt. model there's an
adjustment screw for that very purpose.

David