Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Question about rotisserie ovens (free standing)

Hi,

We had purchased a Ronco rotisserie oven. For several months, it was great,
the food was terrific. I liked a lot of the features.

But it broke. My husband, an electronics tech, said it was rather cheaply
made, and we became annoyed and threw it out rather than fixing it.

We would like to buy a new one. We would like one that is large capacity- so
I'm thinking 1.5 cu ft. We want to be able to roast a ten pound bird. Also
one with a timer of two or more hours would be good...some of the ones we
saw only went up to 60 minutes at a time.

My questions a are there any makes/models that anyone here recommends
other than Ronco?

Also-- the Ronco had baskets where you could grill vegetables, cook bacon,
etc. I did a net search and saw quite a few accessories for
convection/rotisserie ovens and saw that things like that are sold. I was
wondering if I purchased, say, a Franklin Chef or a Haier or some other make
convection/rotisserie oven, if we could use the baskets in it...I was
wondering if it's sort of a universal thing where they'd fit just about any
rotisserie oven.

Anyway, any feedback anyone has would be appreciated. We really liked the
one we had but want one that is constructed a bit better so we really don't
want to go back to the Ronco brand.

Claire

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ball of Fluff" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We had purchased a Ronco rotisserie oven. For several months, it was
> great, the food was terrific. I liked a lot of the features.
>
> But it broke. My husband, an electronics tech, said it was rather cheaply
> made, and we became annoyed and threw it out rather than fixing it.
>
> We would like to buy a new one. We would like one that is large capacity-
> so I'm thinking 1.5 cu ft. We want to be able to roast a ten pound bird.
> Also one with a timer of two or more hours would be good...some of the
> ones we saw only went up to 60 minutes at a time.
>
> My questions a are there any makes/models that anyone here recommends
> other than Ronco?
>
> Also-- the Ronco had baskets where you could grill vegetables, cook bacon,
> etc. I did a net search and saw quite a few accessories for
> convection/rotisserie ovens and saw that things like that are sold. I was
> wondering if I purchased, say, a Franklin Chef or a Haier or some other
> make convection/rotisserie oven, if we could use the baskets in it...I was
> wondering if it's sort of a universal thing where they'd fit just about
> any rotisserie oven.
>
> Anyway, any feedback anyone has would be appreciated. We really liked the
> one we had but want one that is constructed a bit better so we really
> don't want to go back to the Ronco brand.
>
> Claire

If you can find a Farberware Rotisserie tabletop grill I would buy it. We've
had one for 20 years and it works well today. It will roast a 12lb turkey.
We usually cook goose and duck on it. It renders the fat; the fat remains
clean and we save it for Cassoulet, etc. I just searched for it and have the
feeling it has been discontinued. There's one on ebay.
Good Luck

Kent

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ball of Fluff" wrote:

> We had purchased a Ronco rotisserie oven. For several months, it was great,
> the food was terrific. I liked a lot of the features.
>
> But it broke. My husband, an electronics tech, said it was rather cheaply
> made, and we became annoyed and threw it out rather than fixing it.
>
> We would like to buy a new one. We would like one that is large capacity- so
> I'm thinking 1.5 cu ft. We want to be able to roast a ten pound bird. Also
> one with a timer of two or more hours would be good...some of the ones we
> saw only went up to 60 minutes at a time.
>
> My questions a are there any makes/models that anyone here recommends
> other than Ronco?
>
> Also-- the Ronco had baskets where you could grill vegetables, cook bacon,
> etc. I did a net search and saw quite a few accessories for
> convection/rotisserie ovens and saw that things like that are sold. I was
> wondering if I purchased, say, a Franklin Chef or a Haier or some other make
> convection/rotisserie oven, if we could use the baskets in it...I was
> wondering if it's sort of a universal thing where they'd fit just about any
> rotisserie oven.
>
> Anyway, any feedback anyone has would be appreciated. We really liked the
> one we had but want one that is constructed a bit better so we really don't
> want to go back to the Ronco brand.
>
> Claire

http://tinyurl.com/3285s5

http://www.amazon.com/Farberware-FAC...0972686&sr=8-8

SHELDON
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Abe" > wrote in message
> >http://tinyurl.com/3285s5
>>
>>http://www.amazon.com/Farberware-FAC...0972686&sr=8-8
>>

>>SHELDON

> Salton makes Farberware electronics now
>
> http://www.esalton.com/cgi-bin/FC79B...l?item=FAC900R

And Salton doesn't make the Rotisserie. If you can find one, grab it. I saw
several on Ebay.

Kent

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:42:06 -0800, "Kent" > wrote:

>"Abe" > wrote in message
.. .
>> >http://tinyurl.com/3285s5
>>>
>>>http://www.amazon.com/Farberware-FAC...0972686&sr=8-8
>>>

>>>SHELDON

>> Salton makes Farberware electronics now
>>
>> http://www.esalton.com/cgi-bin/FC79B...l?item=FAC900R
>>

>And Salton doesn't make the Rotisserie. If you can find one, grab it. I saw
>several on Ebay.
>
>Kent

i have the smaller farberware machine and like it a great deal. i
wish it was hotter for steaks, though.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Abe" > wrote in message

>>"Abe" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Salton makes Farberware electronics now
>>>
>>> http://www.esalton.com/cgi-bin/FC79B...l?item=FAC900R
>>>

>>And Salton doesn't make the Rotisserie. If you can find one, grab it. I
>>saw
>>several on Ebay.
>>
>>Kent
>>

> Yes, they do make and sell the rotisserie. That's what my post was
> about:
>
> http://www.esalton.com/cgi-bin/101E6...e=GRPGO&grp=F1

That's not the product I was referring to. The Farberware open hearth
rotisserie, originally priced at about $30, is apparently no longer made.
You don't need, or want a small closed rotisserie because the heat is
dirrect.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FARBERWARE-Open-...dZViewItemKent