FoodBanter.com

-   -   Hmm...the balls have it.... (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/144790-hmm-balls-have.html)

Christine Dabney 01-01-2008 06:12 AM

Hmm...the balls have it....

Heya folks..

I am here, making my "spread" for NYE..and what do I notice? That
almost everything I am making is shaped into balls.....

From Julia Child and More Company: Sausage Balls in Sweet and Sour
sauce.

From Cooking with Mr Latte: Roquerfort balls..a la Julia Child

From Anne Willan: Parmesan Cheese Balls.

Makes you wonder how many cocktail foods/etc are shaped into balls?

Just struck by this...

Christine

Wayne Boatwright[_3_] 01-01-2008 06:16 AM

Hmm...the balls have it....

On Mon 31 Dec 2007 11:12:26p, Christine Dabney told us...

> Heya folks..
>
> I am here, making my "spread" for NYE..and what do I notice? That
> almost everything I am making is shaped into balls.....
>
> From Julia Child and More Company: Sausage Balls in Sweet and Sour
> sauce.
>
> From Cooking with Mr Latte: Roquerfort balls..a la Julia Child
>
> From Anne Willan: Parmesan Cheese Balls.
>
> Makes you wonder how many cocktail foods/etc are shaped into balls?
>
> Just struck by this...
>
> Christine

Didn't you get a bit of a late start, Christine?

And about all those balls... Freudian? :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, 12(XII)/31(XXXI)/07(MMVII)
Countdown till New Years
45mins
Megabyte: A nine course dinner.

Christine Dabney 01-01-2008 07:26 AM

Hmm...the balls have it....

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 06:16:57 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>Didn't you get a bit of a late start, Christine?
>
>And about all those balls... Freudian? :-)

Yes Wayne..I got a late start..LOL

But it just struck me, that all the foods I am making tonight...are
round shaped....into balls..

Freudian, maybe..who knows...

LOL

Christine

Wayne Boatwright[_3_] 01-01-2008 07:34 AM

Hmm...the balls have it....

On Tue 01 Jan 2008 12:26:35a, Christine Dabney told us...

> On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 06:16:57 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>

>>Didn't you get a bit of a late start, Christine?
>>
>>And about all those balls... Freudian? :-)

> Yes Wayne..I got a late start..LOL
>
> But it just struck me, that all the foods I am making tonight...are
> round shaped....into balls..
>
> Freudian, maybe..who knows...
>
> LOL
>
> Christine

Well, enjoy! It all sounds very good!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Tuesday, 01(I)/01(I)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Today is: New Years Day
If it looks easy, it's difficult. If
it looks difficult, it's damn near
impossible.

Blinky the Shark 01-01-2008 07:59 AM

Hmm...the balls have it....

Christine Dabney wrote:

> Heya folks..
>
> I am here, making my "spread" for NYE..and what do I notice? That almost
> everything I am making is shaped into balls.....
>
> From Julia Child and More Company: Sausage Balls in Sweet and Sour
> sauce.
>
> From Cooking with Mr Latte: Roquerfort balls..a la Julia Child
>
> From Anne Willan: Parmesan Cheese Balls.
>
> Makes you wonder how many cocktail foods/etc are shaped into balls?
>
> Just struck by this...
>
> Christine

Well, and what drops over Times Square at the stroke of midnight on New
Years Eve?

Oh, and this year it's different.

<q>

A century ago, the tradition began with a 700-pound ball of wood and iron,
lit with 100 25-watt incandescent bulbs. This year's event featured an
energy-efficient sphere clad in Waterford crystals, with 9,576
light-emitting diodes that generated a kaleidoscope of colors.

Officials said the energy-efficient bulbs used about the same amount of
electricity as 10 toasters.

</q>

Ball History: http://preview.tinyurl.com/2jzuow

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

T[_1_] 01-01-2008 07:20 PM

Hmm...the balls have it....

In article >, artisan2
@ix.netcom.com says...
> Heya folks..
>
> I am here, making my "spread" for NYE..and what do I notice? That
> almost everything I am making is shaped into balls.....
>
> From Julia Child and More Company: Sausage Balls in Sweet and Sour
> sauce.
>
> From Cooking with Mr Latte: Roquerfort balls..a la Julia Child
>
> From Anne Willan: Parmesan Cheese Balls.
>
> Makes you wonder how many cocktail foods/etc are shaped into balls?
>
> Just struck by this...
>
> Christine

"Balls!" said the Queen, "If I had two I'd be the King."

sf[_3_] 01-01-2008 08:57 PM

Hmm...the balls have it....

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 23:12:26 -0700, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>Heya folks..
>
>I am here, making my "spread" for NYE..and what do I notice? That
>almost everything I am making is shaped into balls.....
>
>From Julia Child and More Company: Sausage Balls in Sweet and Sour
>sauce.
>
>From Cooking with Mr Latte: Roquerfort balls..a la Julia Child
>
>From Anne Willan: Parmesan Cheese Balls.
>
>Makes you wonder how many cocktail foods/etc are shaped into balls?
>
>Just struck by this...

I think you were on a roll, Chris!

LOL -> running

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first

Sheldon 01-01-2008 09:05 PM

Hmm...the balls have it....

On Jan 1, 1:12�am, Christine Dabney > wrote:
> Heya folks..
>
> I am here, making my "spread" for NYE..and what do I notice? That
> almost everything I am making is shaped into balls..... �
>
> From Julia Child and More Company: Sausage Balls in Sweet and Sour
> sauce.
>
> From Cooking with Mr Latte: Roquerfort balls..a la Julia Child
>
> From Anne Willan: Parmesan Cheese Balls. �
>
> Makes you wonder how many cocktail foods/etc are shaped into balls?
>
> Just struck by this...
>
> Christine

The orb/sphere is universal by default... in fact straight lines are
indicative of insanity.