Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Apple Quick Bread

I have more than a dozen apples of various varieties sitting on my
counter that need a good home. Surfing the net tonight, I found
something that will take care of a few of them with little effort on
my part. I don't even need to peel them! I'll grate them in the
Cuisanart, but I'll bake it in smaller loaf pans so I can send it home
with the kids and still have some to keep for myself.

Apple Bread
http://www.griswoldia.com/grrecipes.html

3 eggs
1 c. vegetable oil
2 c. grated unpeeled apples
3 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 c. raisins

Mix ingredients together.

Makes 2 - 9x13 loaf pans.

Bake at 325°F for 1 hour.

This is moist and freezes well.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> I have more than a dozen apples of various varieties sitting on my
> counter that need a good home. Surfing the net tonight, I found
> something that will take care of a few of them with little effort on
> my part. I don't even need to peel them! I'll grate them in the
> Cuisanart, but I'll bake it in smaller loaf pans so I can send it home
> with the kids and still have some to keep for myself.
>

> Apple Bread
> http://www.griswoldia.com/grrecipes.html
>
> 3 eggs
> 1 c. vegetable oil
> 2 c. grated unpeeled apples
> 3 c. flour
> 1 tsp. salt
> 1 tsp. baking soda
> 2 tsp. cinnamon
> 1/4 tsp. baking powder
> 1 c. raisins
>
> Mix ingredients together.
>
> Makes 2 - 9x13 loaf pans.
>
> Bake at 325°F for 1 hour.
>
> This is moist and freezes well.

Sounds good. Please let us know how it turns out.

Becca