Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Turkish Soup

Hello, All!

I came across this soup as a prepared dried mix and it's an
interesting mix of flavors. Tomato, lentil and mint. I haven't
tried the recipe below but it looks easy.

Ezogelin Soup

http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/2362/ezogelin.html

(Ezogelin Corbasi)

This is a very typical Turkish soup. Did you know that Turkish
people were used to drink soup in breakfast.

You need;

1 cup red lentil

1/2 cup fine bulgur

1 middle size onion

2 table spoons tomato paste

1/2 tea spoon hot pepper sauce or paste

2 table spoons olive oil

1 tea spoon red pepper flakes

1 tea spoon dried peppermint flakes

6-7 cups water

salt to taste

Peel, wash and mince the onion. Then place it in a soup pot. Add
olive oil and saute the onion.

Wash red lentil and add it to the pot together with bulgur,
tomatoe paste, pepper sauce and salt. Cook them until lentil and
bulgur are soft. Let it boil few minutes and then remove pot
from the heat.

Pour soup in plates and decorate top with red pepper and
peppermint flakes. Serve it hot.

It is for four servings.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> Hello, All!
>
> I came across this soup as a prepared dried mix and it's an interesting
> mix of flavors. Tomato, lentil and mint. I haven't tried the recipe below
> but it looks easy.
>
> Ezogelin Soup
> http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/2362/ezogelin.html

Interesting. I wonder if a smidgen of peppermint essence would work in
place of the flakes. e.

Knorr Turkish Soup Mixes gtr General Cooking 39 06-06-2021 08:03 PM
Turkish egg and lemon soup - recipe and commentary Kate Connally[_2_] General Cooking 1 03-08-2010 08:09 PM
Turkish Wheat Soup International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 20-01-2006 04:09 AM
Turkish Çay TeaDave Tea 12 11-08-2005 07:01 PM
Turkish Ezogelin Soup International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 21-11-2004 12:58 PM