Posted to rec.food.cooking, rec.food.equipment

Default Confusion with BIALETTI--Casa Italia Sauce Pan

Dear Everyone:

Today I bought a BIALETTI Casa Italia 3qt STAINLESS STEEL sauce pan
from "Target". It is a two-piece (the sauce pan and the glass cover)
product for $19.99, but it looks identical to the one among the 12-
piece set in the picture at the following link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...229176&sr=1-28

Needless to say, both inside and outside of the sauce pan are bright
and shiny. Confusion arises, however, when I open the paper wrapper at
home and read the "CARE AND USE INSTRUCTIONS". Item 4) says, "Do not
use sharp or pointed objects as they can damage the NON-STICK
surface."

Does it mean that this STAINLESS STEEL product has a NON-STICK
surface? Or is it talking about other lines of BIALETTI products?

Thank you for reading and replying!

--Roland
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.equipment

"qquito" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Dear Everyone:
>
> Today I bought a BIALETTI Casa Italia 3qt STAINLESS STEEL sauce pan
> from "Target". It is a two-piece (the sauce pan and the glass cover)
> product for $19.99, but it looks identical to the one among the 12-
> piece set in the picture at the following link:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...229176&sr=1-28
>
> Needless to say, both inside and outside of the sauce pan are bright
> and shiny. Confusion arises, however, when I open the paper wrapper at
> home and read the "CARE AND USE INSTRUCTIONS". Item 4) says, "Do not
> use sharp or pointed objects as they can damage the NON-STICK
> surface."
>
> Does it mean that this STAINLESS STEEL product has a NON-STICK
> surface? Or is it talking about other lines of BIALETTI products?
>
> Thank you for reading and replying!
>
> --Roland

You've got a generic instruction, but sharp instruments don't do much good
to SS either.

--
http://www.judithgreenwood.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.equipment

"qquito" > wrote in message
> Dear Everyone:
>
> Today I bought a BIALETTI Casa Italia 3qt STAINLESS STEEL sauce pan
> from "Target". It is a two-piece (the sauce pan and the glass cover)
> product for $19.99, but it looks identical to the one among the 12-
> piece set in the picture at the following link:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...229176&sr=1-28
>
> Needless to say, both inside and outside of the sauce pan are bright
> and shiny. Confusion arises, however, when I open the paper wrapper at
> home and read the "CARE AND USE INSTRUCTIONS". Item 4) says, "Do not
> use sharp or pointed objects as they can damage the NON-STICK
> surface."
>
> Does it mean that this STAINLESS STEEL product has a NON-STICK
> surface? Or is it talking about other lines of BIALETTI products?
>
> Thank you for reading and replying!
>
> --Roland

It has a non-stick coating that you can't see. It's invisible. Try cooking
something in it without oil or butter. You'll see.

Posted to rec.food.cooking, rec.food.equipment

Thank you, Joe, and others, for your replies.

I am just trying to make it clear whether or not this STAINLESS STEEL
has a NON-STICK coating. If it also has such a coating, it will wear
away in time. Then what is the advantage of STAINLESS STEEL over the
more traditional DARK (polytetrafluoroethylene) NON-STICK coating?

On Nov 28, 10:01 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
> "qquito" > wrote in message

> It has a non-stick coating that you can't see. It's invisible. Try cooking
> something in it without oil or butter. You'll see.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.equipment

How old are you?

"qquito" > wrote in message
> Thank you, Joe, and others, for your replies.
>
> I am just trying to make it clear whether or not this STAINLESS STEEL
> has a NON-STICK coating. If it also has such a coating, it will wear
> away in time. Then what is the advantage of STAINLESS STEEL over the
> more traditional DARK (polytetrafluoroethylene) NON-STICK coating?
>
> Thank you for reading and replying!
>
> --Roland
>
> On Nov 28, 10:01 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
>> "qquito" > wrote in message

>> It has a non-stick coating that you can't see. It's invisible. Try
>> cooking
>> something in it without oil or butter. You'll see.

Posted to rec.food.cooking, rec.food.equipment

Why should this have anything to do with age?

The reason that I go for STAINLESS STEEL is that the DARK NON-STICK
coating chips away in time. If this STAINLESS STEEL pan also has a
coating and will chip away in time, are there still advantages in the
STAINLESS STEEL one?

--Roland

On Nov 28, 3:17 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
> How old are you?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.equipment

qquito wrote:
> Thank you, Joe, and others, for your replies.
>
> I am just trying to make it clear whether or not this STAINLESS STEEL
> has a NON-STICK coating. If it also has such a coating, it will wear
> away in time. Then what is the advantage of STAINLESS STEEL over the
> more traditional DARK (polytetrafluoroethylene) NON-STICK coating?

You have a stainless steel pan that does NOT have a non-stick coating.
Sharp utensils may still scratch and damage the pan, so, while you may
use them, do so carefully.
--Lia

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.equipment

"qquito" > wrote in message

> On Nov 28, 3:17 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
>> How old are you?

> Why should this have anything to do with age?
>
> The reason that I go for STAINLESS STEEL is that the DARK NON-STICK
> coating chips away in time. If this STAINLESS STEEL pan also has a
> coating and will chip away in time, are there still advantages in the
> STAINLESS STEEL one?
>
> --Roland

I'm trying to understand how you would not be able to tell whether the
utensil in your hands has a non-stick coating. The only polite explanation I
can come up with is youth and inexperience.

How old are you?

Posted to rec.food.cooking, rec.food.equipment

I appreciate your joke! I do know the dark non-stick coating. But I
cannot---for all I know---preclude the possibility of a BRIGHT SHINY
NON-STICK coating.

On Nov 28, 4:26 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
> "qquito" > wrote in message

> I'm trying to understand how you would not be able to tell whether the
> utensil in your hands has a non-stick coating. The only polite explanation I
> can come up with is youth and inexperience.
>
> How old are you?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.equipment

"qquito" > wrote in message

> On Nov 28, 4:26 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
>> "qquito" > wrote in message

>> I'm trying to understand how you would not be able to tell whether the
>> utensil in your hands has a non-stick coating. The only polite
>> explanation I
>> can come up with is youth and inexperience.
>>
>> How old are you?

>I appreciate your joke! I do know the dark non-stick coating. But I
> cannot---for all I know---preclude the possibility of a BRIGHT SHINY
> NON-STICK coating.

It's not a joke. It was a serious question. And yes, you CAN preclude the
possibility.