Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Update on Mom...

Today we went in for an MRI on her caratoid arteries and a vascular study. While they
wouldn't get specific (I just *love* Kaiser) until the "Vascular Surgeon" read the
results, they did indicate blockages and that they'd be calling her soon.
From what I could glean, blood is flowing through her right leg at about 40-45% and
the left leg at about 65-70%. She's been having pain when she walks, cramps in her
calves and such, for a couple of months.

The appetite is a little better, and they've pretty much chalked it up to her meds.
She's in better spirits, though, which is a huge relief. She's worried, seriously,
about my brother, but we all are. (Some of you might recall another post about his
having hypertrophic cardiomyopathy some time back- now we've learned he's having
congestive heart failure and emphysema.)

Thanks again to everyone who responded to my original post and has inquired since.

kimberly

--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCDbWRzbG1M
"I told you this was easy"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 21:43:53 -0800, "Nexis" > wrote:

>Today we went in for an MRI on her caratoid arteries and a vascular study. While they
>wouldn't get specific (I just *love* Kaiser) until the "Vascular Surgeon" read the
>results, they did indicate blockages and that they'd be calling her soon.
>From what I could glean, blood is flowing through her right leg at about 40-45% and
>the left leg at about 65-70%. She's been having pain when she walks, cramps in her
>calves and such, for a couple of months.
>
>The appetite is a little better, and they've pretty much chalked it up to her meds.
>She's in better spirits, though, which is a huge relief. She's worried, seriously,
>about my brother, but we all are. (Some of you might recall another post about his
>having hypertrophic cardiomyopathy some time back- now we've learned he's having
>congestive heart failure and emphysema.)
>
>Thanks again to everyone who responded to my original post and has inquired since.
>
>kimberly

Good wishes sent your way for the whole family.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 16, 12:43�am, "Nexis" > wrote:
> Today we went in for an MRI on her caratoid arteries and a vascular study. While they
> wouldn't get specific (I just *love* Kaiser) until the "Vascular Surgeon" read the
> results, they did indicate blockages and that they'd be calling her soon.
> From what I could glean, blood is flowing through her right leg at about 40-45% and
> the left leg at about 65-70%. She's been having pain when she walks, cramps in her
> calves and such, for a couple of months.
>
> The appetite is a little better, and they've pretty much chalked it up to her meds.
> She's in better spirits, though, which is a huge relief. She's worried, seriously,
> about my brother, but we all are. (Some of you might recall another post about his
> having hypertrophic cardiomyopathy some time back- now we've learned he's having
> congestive heart failure and emphysema.)
>
> Thanks again to everyone who responded to my original post and has inquired since.
>
> kimberly

Didn't see your originasl note... hope all goes well.

Sheldon
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nexis wrote:

> Thanks again to everyone who responded to my original post and has
> inquired since.

I didn't see your original post, but I wish the best for your mom.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Thanks again to everyone who responded to my original post and has
> inquired since.
>
> kimberly

It sounds like things are on the upturn for her. A great reason to be
thankful. I hope your brother's health improves as well. You have my
prayers.

Cindi

> --
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCDbWRzbG1M
> "I told you this was easy"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nexis wrote:

> From what I could glean, blood is flowing through her right leg at
> about 40-45% and the left leg at about 65-70%. She's been having pain
> when she walks, cramps in her calves and such, for a couple of months.

> She's worried, seriously, about my brother, but we all are. (Some of you
> might recall another post about his having hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
> some time back- now we've learned he's having congestive heart failure
> and emphysema.)

Kimberly, it sounds like your family is having some health issues. I
wish you and your family the best.

Becca

OB Food:

Festive Holiday Yams

10 yams
2 cups fresh cranberries
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup orange marmalade
½ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup butter
¼ cup honey
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp orange juice concentrate
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ cup brandy

Combine the yams with enough water to cover in a saucepan. Bring to a
boil. Boil just until tender; drain. Let stand until cool. Peel and cut
lengthwise into halves. Arrange the halves overlapping in a 9-x-13 inch
baking dish. Sprinkle with the cranberries and walnuts. Combine the
orange marmalade, brown sugar, butter, honey, lemon juice, orange juice
concentrate and cinnamon in a saucepan. Cook until the butter melts and
the mixture is a syrupy consistency, stirring frequently. Remove from
heat. Stir in the brandy. Pour over the prepared layers. Bake at 350
degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serves 12.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 15 Nov 2007 10:43:53p, Nexis meant to say...

> Today we went in for an MRI on her caratoid arteries and a vascular
> study. While they wouldn't get specific (I just *love* Kaiser) until the
> "Vascular Surgeon" read the results, they did indicate blockages and
> that they'd be calling her soon. From what I could glean, blood is
> flowing through her right leg at about 40-45% and the left leg at about
> 65-70%. She's been having pain when she walks, cramps in her calves and
> such, for a couple of months.
>
> The appetite is a little better, and they've pretty much chalked it up
> to her meds. She's in better spirits, though, which is a huge relief.
> She's worried, seriously, about my brother, but we all are. (Some of you
> might recall another post about his having hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
> some time back- now we've learned he's having congestive heart failure
> and emphysema.)
>
> Thanks again to everyone who responded to my original post and has
> inquired since.
>
> kimberly

Kimberly, it sounds like your mother is on the upswing. I'm sorry to hear
the news about your brother. Honestly, it doesn't sound good.

May all good blessing come your way. I wish you and your family only the
best.

--
November 15th,2007
¦ A mind is a terrible thing to lose... ¦
| |_ _ ,_ |/ , _ . .,_ _
.'=:-\
/.='( ` give thanks...

Update on Mom.... Nexis General Cooking 6 22-10-2007 11:51 PM
update [email protected] General Cooking 0 28-10-2006 01:56 PM
Update on my Dad (OT) jmcquown General Cooking 17 31-01-2006 03:59 AM
Update Emeril General Cooking 0 01-01-2006 07:59 PM
Thanks - and an update Ken Davey General Cooking 23 20-11-2005 09:51 PM