Posted to talk.origins,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

Default OT Hispanic separatist organization MEChA is taking responsibility for setting the wildfires in California

ORANGE COUNTY, California (CNN) -- Radical Hispanic separatist
organization MEChA ("Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan") is
taking responsibility for setting the wildfires in California,
confimed Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

California officials received a letter earlier today containing
photographs of individuals holding Molotov cocktails, then throwing
them into dry brush. The faces of the individuals appeared to have
been digitally distorted.

Also included was a rambling manifesto, stating that the reason for
the act of arson was that "Aztlán belongs to indigenous people, the
Chicanas and Chicanos of Aztlán. We are sovereign and not subject to a
foreign culture."

http://www.cnnheadlienews.com/2007/U...cha/index.html

Posted to talk.origins,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

"Terry" > wrote in message

> ORANGE COUNTY, California (CNN) -- Radical Hispanic separatist
> organization MEChA ("Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan") is
> taking responsibility for setting the wildfires in California,
> confimed Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
>
> California officials received a letter earlier today containing
> photographs of individuals holding Molotov cocktails, then throwing
> them into dry brush. The faces of the individuals appeared to have
> been digitally distorted.
>
> Also included was a rambling manifesto, stating that the reason for
> the act of arson was that "Aztlán belongs to indigenous people, the
> Chicanas and Chicanos of Aztlán. We are sovereign and not subject to a
> foreign culture."
>

> http://www.cnnheadlienews.com/2007/U...cha/index.html

Next headline:
CNN Reporter Requests & Receives Beating In Parking Lot
"No suspects have been identified, though they are probably brown."

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Reg Reg is offline

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

>>http://www.cnnheadlienews.com/2007/U...cha/index.html
>>

> Next headline:
> CNN Reporter Requests & Receives Beating In Parking Lot
> "No suspects have been identified, though they are probably brown."

Actually, it would be "CNN Headlie News Reporter"

See URL

--
Reg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Reg" > wrote in message
et...
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>
>>>http://www.cnnheadlienews.com/2007/U...cha/index.html
>>>

>> Next headline:
>> CNN Reporter Requests & Receives Beating In Parking Lot
>> "No suspects have been identified, though they are probably brown."

> Actually, it would be "CNN Headlie News Reporter"
>
> See URL
>
> --
> Reg

Oh no. :-) That was as good as the NPR April Fool's prank a few years back,
about Starbucks' plan to build a coffee bean pipeline to the East cost.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5293443

Posted to talk.origins,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

Terry wrote:
> ORANGE COUNTY, California (CNN) -- Radical Hispanic separatist
> organization MEChA ("Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan") is
> taking responsibility for setting the wildfires in California,
> confimed Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
>
> California officials received a letter earlier today containing
> photographs of individuals holding Molotov cocktails, then throwing
> them into dry brush. The faces of the individuals appeared to have
> been digitally distorted.
>
> Also included was a rambling manifesto, stating that the reason for
> the act of arson was that "Aztlán belongs to indigenous people, the
> Chicanas and Chicanos of Aztlán. We are sovereign and not subject to a
> foreign culture."
>

> http://www.cnnheadlienews.com/2007/U...cha/index.html

It's a spoof.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 27, 7:05 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
> "Reg" > wrote in message
>
> et...

> >> Next headline:
> >> CNN Reporter Requests & Receives Beating In Parking Lot
> >> "No suspects have been identified, though they are probably brown."

> > Actually, it would be "CNN Headlie News Reporter"

> > See URL

> > --
> > Reg

> Oh no. :-) That was as good as the NPR April Fool's prank a few years back,
> about Starbucks' plan to build a coffee bean pipeline to the East cost.
>
> http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5293443

Those NPR things used to be funnier. Lately (the past 6-10 years),
they are just silly. I can't remember any particulars. Do you know a
place on NPR.COM where they have all of them, year by year?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Oct 27, 7:05 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
>> "Reg" > wrote in message
>>
>> et...

>> > Actually, it would be "CNN Headlie News Reporter"

>> > See URL

>> > --
>> > Reg

>> Oh no. :-) That was as good as the NPR April Fool's prank a few years
>> back,
>> about Starbucks' plan to build a coffee bean pipeline to the East cost.
>>
>> http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5293443

> Those NPR things used to be funnier. Lately (the past 6-10 years),
> they are just silly. I can't remember any particulars. Do you know a
> place on NPR.COM where they have all of them, year by year?

No, but maybe there's a way to search by date. April 1 would be a starting
point.

Posted to talk.origins,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 19:12:26 -0500, "HeyBub"
> wrote:

> > http://www.cnnheadlienews.com/2007/U...cha/index.html

> It's a spoof.

No.

--
http://desertphile.org
"Why aren't resurrections from the dead noteworthy?" -- Jim Rutz

Posted to talk.origins,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On Oct 27, 4:32 pm, Terry > wrote:
> ORANGE COUNTY, California (CNN) -- Radical Hispanic separatist
> organization MEChA ("Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan") is
> taking responsibility for setting the wildfires in California,
> confimed Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
>
> California officials received a letter earlier today containing
> photographs of individuals holding Molotov cocktails, then throwing
> them into dry brush. The faces of the individuals appeared to have
> been digitally distorted.
>
> Also included was a rambling manifesto, stating that the reason for
> the act of arson was that "Aztlán belongs to indigenous people, the
> Chicanas and Chicanos of Aztlán. We are sovereign and not subject to a
> foreign culture."
>
> http://www.cnnheadlienews.com/2007/U...cha/index.html

The religion of peace strikes again.

/sarcasm

Posted to talk.origins,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

Desertphile wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 19:12:26 -0500, "HeyBub"
> > wrote:
>
>>> http://www.cnnheadlienews.com/2007/U...cha/index.html

>> It's a spoof.

> No.

Really.

Checking server [whois.directnic.com]
Results:
Registration and WHOIS Service provided by directNIC.com

Registrant:
Bleachboy Heavy Manufacturing
701 Arbor Creek Way
Nashville, TN 37217-5053
US
(615) 260-4931

Domain Name: CNNHEADLIENEWS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Boy, Bleach
701 Arbor Creek Way
Nashville, TN 37217-5053
US
(615) 260-4931

Technical Contact:
Boy, Bleach

701 Arbor Creek Way
Nashville, TN 37217-5053
US
(615) 260-4931

Record expires on 10-25-2008
Record created on 10-25-2007

Domain servers in listed order:
NS0.DIRECTNIC.COM 69.46.233.245
NS1.DIRECTNIC.COM 69.46.234.245

Posted to talk.origins,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 08:36:57 -0700, in talk.origins
Stile4aly > wrote in
. com>:
>On Oct 27, 4:32 pm, Terry > wrote:
>> ORANGE COUNTY, California (CNN) -- Radical Hispanic separatist
>> organization MEChA ("Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan") is
>> taking responsibility for setting the wildfires in California,
>> confimed Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
>>
>> California officials received a letter earlier today containing
>> photographs of individuals holding Molotov cocktails, then throwing
>> them into dry brush. The faces of the individuals appeared to have
>> been digitally distorted.
>>
>> Also included was a rambling manifesto, stating that the reason for
>> the act of arson was that "Aztlán belongs to indigenous people, the
>> Chicanas and Chicanos of Aztlán. We are sovereign and not subject to a
>> foreign culture."
>>
>> http://www.cnnheadlienews.com/2007/U...cha/index.html

>The religion of peace strikes again.
>
>/sarcasm

Notice that the site is a bogus one? As Darth Vader would have voiced
over: This is NOT CNN.

Posted to talk.origins,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 10:41:07 -0500, in talk.origins
"HeyBub" > wrote in
>:
>Desertphile wrote:

>>> It's a spoof.

>> No.

>Really.
>
>Checking server [whois.directnic.com]
>Results:
>Registration and WHOIS Service provided by directNIC.com
>
>Registrant:
>Bleachboy Heavy Manufacturing
>701 Arbor Creek Way
>Nashville, TN 37217-5053
>US
>(615) 260-4931
>

>Domain Name: CNNHEADLIENEWS.COM
>
>Administrative Contact:
>Boy, Bleach
>701 Arbor Creek Way
>Nashville, TN 37217-5053
>US
>(615) 260-4931
>

>Technical Contact:
>Boy, Bleach

>701 Arbor Creek Way
>Nashville, TN 37217-5053
>US
>(615) 260-4931
>

>Record expires on 10-25-2008
>Record created on 10-25-2007
>
>Domain servers in listed order:
>NS0.DIRECTNIC.COM 69.46.233.245
>NS1.DIRECTNIC.COM 69.46.234.245

Definitely not fair use parody.

Posted to talk.origins,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 10:45:29 -0500, Free Lunch >
opined:

.com>:
>>On Oct 27, 4:32 pm, Terry > wrote:
>>> ORANGE COUNTY, California (CNN) -- Radical Hispanic separatist
>>> organization MEChA ("Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan") is
>>> taking responsibility for setting the wildfires in California,
>>> confimed Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
>>>
>>> California officials received a letter earlier today containing
>>> photographs of individuals holding Molotov cocktails, then throwing
>>> them into dry brush. The faces of the individuals appeared to have
>>> been digitally distorted.
>>>
>>> Also included was a rambling manifesto, stating that the reason for
>>> the act of arson was that "Aztlán belongs to indigenous people, the
>>> Chicanas and Chicanos of Aztlán. We are sovereign and not subject to a
>>> foreign culture."
>>>
>>> http://www.cnnheadlienews.com/2007/U...cha/index.html

>>The religion of peace strikes again.
>>
>>/sarcasm
>>

>Notice that the site is a bogus one? As Darth Vader would have voiced
>over: This is NOT CNN.

Nevertheless, given the apparent intelligence of some CNN newscasters
(or perhaps their regular viewers) I would not be overly surprised to
hear that this one slipped through.

One of them remarked---after reporting that a distraught and deranged
deputy sheriff had tried three times to commit suicide by shooting
himself in the head---that it was the third shot that was fatal. That
was the only hour of CNN I have seen in many years, but I won't be
watching again any time soon.
--
My credentials? I have excellent karma on Slashdot.
---John Vreeland (IEEE.org) http://rtmabc.blogspot.com

Posted to talk.origins,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

s.com>:

>>>The religion of peace strikes again.
>>>
>>>/sarcasm
>>>

>>Notice that the site is a bogus one? As Darth Vader would have voiced
>>over: This is NOT CNN.

> Nevertheless, given the apparent intelligence of some CNN newscasters
> (or perhaps their regular viewers) I would not be overly surprised to
> hear that this one slipped through.
>
> One of them remarked---after reporting that a distraught and deranged
> deputy sheriff had tried three times to commit suicide by shooting
> himself in the head---that it was the third shot that was fatal. That
> was the only hour of CNN I have seen in many years, but I won't be
> watching again any time soon.

Actually, it might be more true than you think, although I don't understand
why. More than once on our local news, I've heard about people who've been
shot in the face, followed by "...injuries were not life threatening."
Pardon me?

Posted to talk.origins,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> Actually, it might be more true than you think, although I don't
> understand why. More than once on our local news, I've heard about
> people who've been shot in the face, followed by "...injuries were
> not life threatening." Pardon me?

They don't report the fatal cases.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

HeyBub wrote:
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>> Actually, it might be more true than you think, although I don't
>> understand why. More than once on our local news, I've heard about
>> people who've been shot in the face, followed by "...injuries were
>> not life threatening." Pardon me?

> They don't report the fatal cases.

I have patients all the time who try to "off" themselves by shooting
themselves in the head,temples, mouth,under the chin...whatever. Very
frequently they're under the influence of drugs or alcohol (or they're
just plain lousy shots) but for whatever reason they do a rotten job of
it and we'll put 'em together again for the next attempt.
One recent guy just took his optic nerve out yet wasn't disfigured.
Another this week blew his jaw and cheek off, but his brain wasn't
touched (more than it was to begin with which was his underlying problem..)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 > wrote:

>I have patients all the time who try to "off" themselves by shooting
>themselves in the head,temples, mouth,under the chin...whatever. Very
>frequently they're under the influence of drugs or alcohol (or they're
>just plain lousy shots) but for whatever reason they do a rotten job of
>it and we'll put 'em together again for the next attempt.

Might have something to do with all the restrictions on really
good ammunition that the gun-control types have laid on.

S.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> Goomba38 > wrote:
>
>>I have patients all the time who try to "off" themselves by shooting
>>themselves in the head,temples, mouth,under the chin...whatever. Very
>>frequently they're under the influence of drugs or alcohol (or they're
>>just plain lousy shots) but for whatever reason they do a rotten job of
>>it and we'll put 'em together again for the next attempt.

> Might have something to do with all the restrictions on really
> good ammunition that the gun-control types have laid on.
>
> S.

What restrictions? What ammo are you unable to buy, and for what type(s) of
gun(s)?