Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Vacation Cooking Story #1

Vacation Cooking Story #1.

I got nominated to cook for the gang of eight.

To put it mildly, my #1 Bud's family hated my cooking.

#1 Bud and I loved it.

The other side of his family are Samoan, which translates to very large and
hungry.

My dishes:

Baked BBQ chicken, cheese and noodle casserole and broccoli.

I got compliments like "I don't like cold chicken." So get to dinner on
time??? "What're those green specks???" Chives. "Ick!"

They didn't even clean the table. The next morning all the remaining dishes
were sitting where they were left.

I nuked and then finished the cheese and noodle casserole for next
breakfast but dumped the chicken and broc.

The BUMS!!! Something about their fast food appetite?!?

If we were related, BLAMO!!! And there's no telling I'd win the battle!

I'd much rather cook at an r.f.c cook-in.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 19, 4:43 pm, Andy <q> wrote:
> Vacation Cooking Story #1.
>
> I got nominated to cook for the gang of eight.
>
> To put it mildly, my #1 Bud's family hated my cooking.
>
> #1 Bud and I loved it.
>
> The other side of his family are Samoan, which translates to very large and
> hungry.
>
> My dishes:
>
> Baked BBQ chicken, cheese and noodle casserole and broccoli.
>
> I got compliments like "I don't like cold chicken." So get to dinner on
> time??? "What're those green specks???" Chives. "Ick!"

Chives? Ick!

> They didn't even clean the table. The next morning all the remaining dishes
> were sitting where they were left.
>
> I nuked and then finished the cheese and noodle casserole for next
> breakfast but dumped the chicken and broc.

Cheese and noodle casserole? Doesn't sound very good to me either.
Was that what the chives were on/in?

> The BUMS!!! Something about their fast food appetite?!?
>
> If we were related, BLAMO!!! And there's no telling I'd win the battle!

The was a punk rock band called The Angry Samoans.

> I'd much rather cook at an r.f.c cook-in.
>
> Andy

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Vacation Cooking Story #1.
>
> I got nominated to cook for the gang of eight.
>
> To put it mildly, my #1 Bud's family hated my cooking.
>
> #1 Bud and I loved it.
>
> The other side of his family are Samoan, which translates to very large and
> hungry.
>
> My dishes:
>
> Baked BBQ chicken, cheese and noodle casserole and broccoli.

WTF is baked bbq chicken.. is that like boiled bbq ribs?

No wonder they hated your, well I can't call it cooking... you are
lucky those huge Samaons didn't impale your dinky girly butt on a
pointy stick and make a roast long piggly wiggly Andy kabob.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon said...

> you are
> lucky those huge Samaons didn't impale your dinky girly butt on a
> pointy stick and make a roast long piggly wiggly Andy kabob.

That couldn't be closer to the truth!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote:

> Well, *I* have sympathy. My late FIL inquired as to whether there
> was "grass"--ie, grass clippings, nothing more interesting,
> alas--on the food the first time I cooked for him.

You should have handled it like this:

<stricken look>
Oh, I'm SORRY! Did you want grass? I can go out and pick some for your
dinner right away!

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in message
> Bobo Bonobo® wrote:
>
>> The was a punk rock band called The Angry Samoans.

> OMG! I remember them! Thanks for the fond memory. Now I'm going to have
> to look for them to download.
>
> kili

Dee Dee prefers Brudah Iz to any and all.

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 19, 5:43 pm, Andy <q> wrote:

> I'd much rather cook at an r.f.c cook-in.
>
> Andy

Well, when are you going to host one?

Maxine, who wouldn't mind contemplating a trip to the Keystone State

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh, you're back? We missed you. WHERE"S OUR COTD?????

Lil' ol me

Posted to rec.food.cooking

maxine in ri said...

> Oh, you're back? We missed you. WHERE"S OUR COTD?????
>
> Lil' ol me

Lil' ol' mild mannered maxine in ri?

<G>

Andy