Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Attn: high levels of lead found in canvas lunch bags distributed by the state of CA

Approximately 300,000 lunch boxes have been distributed. All items are
pictured in the URL below.

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/healthinfo/ne...s/PH07-39.aspx
--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" wrote in message ...

> Approximately 300,000 lunch boxes have been distributed. All items are
> pictured in the URL below.
>
> http://www.cdph.ca.gov/healthinfo/ne...s/PH07-39.aspx
> --
>
> History is a vast early warning system
> Norman Cousins

Can't Californicatia get anything right?

Pay for, with TAXPAYERS money, 300,000 lunch boxes, distribute them (again,
using TAXPAYERS money), then decide to test three of them (at TAXPAYERS
expense), then recall them. I won't mention that this will involve
TAXPAYERS monies.

Where are the individuals that approved this thing? Are they still living
high-on-the-TAXPAYERS-hog?

I bet they approved buying the bags from China, where practically all paints
contain lead.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 22, 2:23 pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 12:13:46 -0700, sf wrote:
> > Approximately 300,000 lunch boxes have been distributed. All items are
> > pictured in the URL below.

> >http://www.cdph.ca.gov/healthinfo/ne...s/PH07-39.aspx

> I'm a connoisseur of irony, so I feel obligated to point out:
>
> "They were green with a logo EAT FRUITS & VEGETABLES AND BE
> ACTIVE. Approximately 56,000 of these lunch boxes have been
> distributed throughout California at health fairs...". The lunch
> boxes were distributed/given away by the California Department of
> Health.
>
> "We are urging Californians to not use these lunch boxes" (Texans
> have nothing to fear by using these lunch boxes).
>
> How the Chinese managed to get lead into canvas is anyone's
> guess.

Prolly in the painted logo on the outside, where chips could and
eventually will start to fall off as the things age past say, october.