Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REQ: Roasted Red Pepper Crab Soup

Anyone have a recipe for Roasted Red Pepper Crab Soup? A friend of mine
said he had some somewhere that was incredible. It sounds interesting to
me.

Rich
Posted to rec.food.cooking

-There wrote in :

> Roasted Red Pepper Crab Soup

google is your friend

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Roasted...up/Detail.aspx

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

hahabogus wrote on Sun, 16 Sep 2007 03:09:05 GMT:

??>> Roasted Red Pepper Crab Soup

h> google is your friend

h>
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Roasted...up/Detail.aspx

Quite correct! A search on
crab bisque recipe "red pepper"
has many hits.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:24:00 GMT, "James Silverton"
> wrote:

> hahabogus wrote on Sun, 16 Sep 2007 03:09:05 GMT:
>
> ??>> Roasted Red Pepper Crab Soup
>
> h> google is your friend
>
> h>
>http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Roasted...up/Detail.aspx
>
>Quite correct! A search on
> crab bisque recipe "red pepper"
>has many hits.
>
>James Silverton
>Potomac, Maryland

I don't know why you're responding to a post 4 months old, but you
made me pull some crab legs ut of the freezer.

Soup, salad and bread for dinner tonight.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Lou Decruss > said:
> On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:24:00 GMT, "James Silverton"
> > wrote:
> > hahabogus wrote on Sun, 16 Sep 2007 03:09:05 GMT:

> > ??>> Roasted Red Pepper Crab Soup
> >
> >> google is your friend

> >>http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Roasted...up/Detail.aspx

> >Quite correct! A search on crab bisque recipe "red pepper"
> >has many hits.

> I don't know why you're responding to a post 4 months old, but you
> made me pull some crab legs ut of the freezer.
>
> Soup, salad and bread for dinner tonight.

Nice recipe, I'll have to save it. I've only had this kind of soup in
restaurants, but haven't made it myself...

--
Jani in WA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:06:45 GMT, (Little
Malice) wrote:

>One time on Usenet, Lou Decruss > said:
>> On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:24:00 GMT, "James Silverton"
>> > wrote:
>> > hahabogus wrote on Sun, 16 Sep 2007 03:09:05 GMT:

>> > ??>> Roasted Red Pepper Crab Soup

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Roasted...up/Detail.aspx

>> >Quite correct! A search on crab bisque recipe "red pepper"
>> >has many hits.

>> I don't know why you're responding to a post 4 months old, but you
>> made me pull some crab legs ut of the freezer.
>>
>> Soup, salad and bread for dinner tonight.

>Nice recipe, I'll have to save it. I've only had this kind of soup in
>restaurants, but haven't made it myself...

I won't use that recipe exactly. I've got 3/4 pounds of cooked crab
legs and I took out about the same amount of shrimp. I'll use the
shrimp and crab shells to make stock to replace the chicken stock, and
add the crab and shrimp meat back in. I'll cheat big time and use a
jar of roasted red peppers I have on hand. I'll also use a splash of
worcestershire and some paprika. I'll use a bit of fresh garlic
instead of the powder. The bread is rising. I'll make something like
the sun-dried tomato bread I was telling DeeDee about. The salad is
leftover from last night, but still looks just fine. I've also got a
boule rising that I need to stuff with a spinach artichoke dip for
Louise to take to work tomorrow.

Reading this group is going to make me fat.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Lou Decruss > said:
> On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:06:45 GMT, (Little
> Malice) wrote:
>
> >One time on Usenet, Lou Decruss > said:
> >> On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:24:00 GMT, "James Silverton"

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Roasted...up/Detail.aspx

> >> I don't know why you're responding to a post 4 months old, but you
> >> made me pull some crab legs ut of the freezer.
> >>
> >> Soup, salad and bread for dinner tonight.

> >Nice recipe, I'll have to save it. I've only had this kind of soup in
> >restaurants, but haven't made it myself...

> I won't use that recipe exactly. I've got 3/4 pounds of cooked crab
> legs and I took out about the same amount of shrimp. I'll use the
> shrimp and crab shells to make stock to replace the chicken stock, and
> add the crab and shrimp meat back in. I'll cheat big time and use a
> jar of roasted red peppers I have on hand. I'll also use a splash of
> worcestershire and some paprika. I'll use a bit of fresh garlic
> instead of the powder. The bread is rising. I'll make something like
> the sun-dried tomato bread I was telling DeeDee about. The salad is
> leftover from last night, but still looks just fine. I've also got a
> boule rising that I need to stuff with a spinach artichoke dip for
> Louise to take to work tomorrow.
>
> Reading this group is going to make me fat.

Oooh, your menu sounds lovely. I agree, your stock does sound
more appropriate than chicken. Especially since you already have
the shells...

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 00:38:40 GMT, (Little
Malice) wrote:

>> I won't use that recipe exactly. I've got 3/4 pounds of cooked crab
>> legs and I took out about the same amount of shrimp. I'll use the
>> shrimp and crab shells to make stock to replace the chicken stock, and
>> add the crab and shrimp meat back in. I'll cheat big time and use a
>> jar of roasted red peppers I have on hand. I'll also use a splash of
>> worcestershire and some paprika. I'll use a bit of fresh garlic
>> instead of the powder. The bread is rising. I'll make something like
>> the sun-dried tomato bread I was telling DeeDee about. The salad is
>> leftover from last night, but still looks just fine. I've also got a
>> boule rising that I need to stuff with a spinach artichoke dip for
>> Louise to take to work tomorrow.
>>
>> Reading this group is going to make me fat.

>Oooh, your menu sounds lovely. I agree, your stock does sound
>more appropriate than chicken. Especially since you already have
>the shells...

I found more shells in the freezer. The soup was wonderful. I made a
roux instead of using the potato. I used a 16 oz jar of roasted red
peppers and a fresh green pepper I had in stock. I sauted the green
pepper with 5 large cloves of garlic. I pulsed it all in the food
processor. I wanted to keep a bit of texture. The crab was already
cooked so I didn't do anything to it before I added it back to the pot
of pulsed soup. I sauted the shrimp in butter before I added them at
the end. Onion powder got in there someplace, but I don't remember
where. LOL I think everything else was about how I described before.

It was a great meal.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:32:05 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
> wrote:

>Lou Decruss > dropped this
: in rec.food.cooking

>> Reading this group is going to make me fat.
>>
>> Lou

>Mmmm... mmmm... mmmm... Sounds excellent.

It was very good. Thank you.

>Fat? No need to worry about
>getting fat. One only gets to ride the merry-go-round once. I say party on
>and live fast

I lost over 50 pounds years ago and over the holidays I put a bit back
on. I'm 6'3" and like to stay around 190. I'm pushing 200 and don't
want to be fat again.

Lou