Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default cooking shows

Do you feel some of the receipes on shows are unrealistic (people don't
eat them)?

http://community.webtv.net/ManOfTheMists/ASKIAN

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 15, 4:10 pm, (Annonymous Account)
wrote:
> Do you feel some of the receipes on shows are unrealistic (people don't
> eat them)?

Yes. There's no way people eat enough goat cheese to justify the
amount of that stuff I see used on cooking shows. But aside from that,
cooking shows are frequently fun to watch even if you never cook
anything that gets cooked on the show.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Why pick on Goats Cheese, you could say the same for pasta or sweetcorn,
neither of which I eat ? TV cooking shows can give you ideas or inspire
you to try new things or new techniques. There can only be a handful of
recipes that I have tried to copy (Luscious Lawson's 24 Hr Pork was one,
her Coca Cola Gammon was a second, Rick Padstein's Pork Pie was
another). The rest of the time, these shows just add inspiration and
ideas when cooking.

Steve

PS A Technique I learned was from an ex-pat Brit who I saw on Canadian
TV, James X the Urban Gourmet ? He showed how to peel onions by
quatering them and then holding down the skin with the knife.

> Yes. There's no way people eat enough goat cheese to justify the
> amount of that stuff I see used on cooking shows.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 16, 6:25 am, Steve Y > wrote:
> Why pick on Goats Cheese, you could say the same for pasta or sweetcorn,
> neither of which I eat ?

What you eat does not matter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Watch how you trim. I have absolutely no idea who you're talking to
or when that quote was posted.

--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins