Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "Feasting on Asphalt" Season 2 Ep 1, Crawfish

Hi everybody:

I happened upon some live crawfish from Lake Washington this morning and have never cooked 'em before. I remember watching the first episode of Alton Brown's "Feasting on Asphalt" a few weeks ago and they were at a place in New Orleans called The Big Fisherman. They mentioned what their spices are and one guy had a certain way to eat them to get a bit more meat.

Anyone have the details?

Hasta,
Curt Nelson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Curt Nelson wrote:

Please fix your newsreader (Outlook Express, naturally) so that it does
not output HTML.

Brian
Posted to rec.food.cooking

my only thought is Alton Brown should get off the road and back in the
kitchen. When chefs stop cooking and start travelling the shows get uber
boring.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Zippy P wrote:

> my only thought is Alton Brown should get off the road and back in the
> kitchen. When chefs stop cooking and start travelling the shows get
> uber boring.

He's still making Good Eats. This is an additional show.

Brian
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Default User" > wrote in message
> Curt Nelson wrote:
>
>> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

> Please fix your newsreader (Outlook Express, naturally) so that it does
> not output HTML.

Thank you for the valuable crawfish cooking information.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Curt Nelson wrote:

> "Default User" > wrote in message
> > Curt Nelson wrote:
> >
> > > <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

> > Please fix your newsreader (Outlook Express, naturally) so that it
> > does not output HTML.

> Thank you

You're welcome.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 6, 2:30 pm, "Curt Nelson" <X> wrote:
> Hi everybody:
>
> I happened upon some live crawfish from Lake Washington this morning and have never cooked 'em before. I remember watching the first episode of Alton Brown's "Feasting on Asphalt" a few weeks ago and they were at a place in New Orleans called The Big Fisherman. They mentioned what their spices are and one guy had a certain way to eat them to get a bit more meat.
>
> Anyone have the details?
>
> Hasta,
> Curt Nelson

Zatarain's Crab & Shrimp Boil.. spices in a bag.. I'm sure you can get
it up there.. maybe at Pike place market. I was there last October and
they had pert near everything..

T.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 6, 11:30?am, "Curt Nelson" <X> wrote:
> Hi everybody:
>
> I happened upon some live crawfish from Lake Washington this morning and have never cooked 'em before. I remember watching the first episode of Alton Brown's "Feasting on Asphalt" a few weeks ago and they were at a place in New Orleans called The Big Fisherman. They mentioned what their spices are and one guy had a certain way to eat them to get a bit more meat.
>
> Anyone have the details?
>
> Hasta,
> Curt Nelson

Be sure you purge 'em in several 10-15 minute clean water baths before
cooking. Toss any dead soldiers. We boil ours with a bag of
Zatarain's crab boil - available at major supermarkets, coupla lemon
halfs and a good shot of cayenne pepper. Don't forget the claw meat
- on larger mudbugs it can be a real treat.
When's dinner?
Nancy T