Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My ice cream cook books came today REC: Apple Brown Betty Ice Cream

Curse you Chris D now I have Ice Cream CookBooks and an Ice Cream Maker
on order.... There are 125 ice cream recipes in the first of 2 cookbooks
and it's all Chris's fault I'll have to try each and every one of them.

How's a body supose to stay on a diet.

1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
2 tsp all purp flour

1 cup table cream (18%)

1 1/2 cdups apple butter
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup whipping cream (35%)

1 cup crumbled ginger snaps

In a bowl whisk together sugar, eggs, and egg yolk until thickened and
pale yellow. Whisk in flour set aside.

In a medium sauce pan over medium low heat bring table cream to a
simmer; gradually whisk into egg mixture. Return entire mix to saucepan
cook over low heat, stirring constantly till mixture is thick enough to
coat the back of a wooden spoon

remove from heat and wisk in apple butter and cinnamon. Strain into a
large clean bowl. Add vanilla. Cover and refrigerate untill cold or over
night.

Stir in whipping cream and transfer to ice cream maker according to
manufacturers instructions. In the last 5 minutes of freezing add the
crumbled ginger snaps.

For firmer Ice Cream put it in the freezer for at least 2 hours.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

It'll be a sunny day in August,
when the Moon will shine that night- Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"hahabogus" > wrote in message
> Curse you Chris D now I have Ice Cream CookBooks and an Ice Cream Maker
> on order.... There are 125 ice cream recipes in the first of 2 cookbooks
> and it's all Chris's fault I'll have to try each and every one of them.
>
> How's a body supose to stay on a diet.
>
> 1 cup granulated sugar
> 2 eggs
> 1 egg yolk
> 2 tsp all purp flour
>
> 1 cup table cream (18%)
>
> 1 1/2 cdups apple butter
> 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
>
> 1 tsp vanilla
>
> 1 cup whipping cream (35%)
>
> 1 cup crumbled ginger snaps

geez, is it going to be sweet enough? ;-)
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 23:46:07 GMT, hahabogus > wrote:

>Curse you Chris D now I have Ice Cream CookBooks and an Ice Cream Maker
>on order.... There are 125 ice cream recipes in the first of 2 cookbooks
>and it's all Chris's fault I'll have to try each and every one of them.

Which ones did you get?

I have two arriving tomorrow ... The Perfect Scoop, and the one by
Emily Luchetti..... I plan to make some ice cream this
weekend...probably from The Perfect Scoop.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney > wrote in
:

> Which ones did you get?

I'm not telling....neener neener

see the gelato recipe (smirk)...

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Christine Dabney > wrote:

> I have two arriving tomorrow ... The Perfect Scoop, and the one by
> Emily Luchetti..... I plan to make some ice cream this
> weekend...probably from The Perfect Scoop.
>
> Christine

I have both of those and they are both very good. Hope you enjoy them
too.

The Perfect Scoop is a recent purchase for me. So far we've only tried
the Fresh Peach Ice Cream and the Strawberry Frozen Yogurt. Both were
very good. The peach was quite rich though; I think next time I will
use half and half rather than heavy cream.

marcella

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 20:22:43 -0700, Marcella Peek
> wrote:

>Fresh Peach Ice Cream

How much sugar to how much cream (total milk/cream content) is called
for in that recipe?

TIA

--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.

Tried a brown betty today Bonky Tea 0 08-05-2008 07:08 AM
Apple Brown Betty Nance Ward Recipes (moderated) 0 05-10-2007 08:53 PM
Apple Brown Betty Jenn Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 08-09-2006 12:37 PM
Apple Brown Betty Terry Stautzenberger Recipes (moderated) 0 08-04-2005 01:31 PM
Apple Brown Betty Terry Stautzenberger Recipes (moderated) 0 08-04-2005 01:31 PM