Posted to nj.general,nyc.food,soc.culture.thai,rec.food.cooking

Default Noteworthy "Pat Thai" Thai Restaurant Relocated to Parsippany NJ Area

On Jun 4, 11:51 am, Steven Bookman > wrote:
> "Pat Thai" which operated for five years at a modest space in
> Bloomfield NJ has been open for a month at 3 North Beverwyck Road in
> Lake Hiawatha NJ -- See:
>
> http://www.patthai.net/
>
> Chef Pornpat Danchompoo continues to lavish much more effort than one
> expects to encounter in what appears to be a typical neighborhood
> ethnic dining spot. She prepares everything from scratch, and has a
> lengthy menu of specialties.
>
> Originally enough, Pat Thai highlights the cuisine of one particular
> Thai Province (again - avoiding the "easy way out" especially in the
> suburbs, of merely dishing out "generic Thai for Americans." This is
> Surin Province, in the NE of the country, not far from Cambodia:
>
> http://www.thailandguidebook.com/prov...
>
> Actually I am told the food at Pat Thai has a slight Cambodian
> influence.
>
> I personally favored their whole fish dishes as well as a
> noodles-green curry-duck dish they call "Planet Noodle.

Are you trying to say "pad" Thai?

There's no such thing as "pat thai".

If that's the name of this restaurant, it's pretty embarrassing for
them.

Posted to nj.general,nyc.food,soc.culture.thai,rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> There's no such thing as "pat thai".

You wanna bet?

Posted to nj.general,nyc.food,soc.culture.thai,rec.food.cooking

On Jul 11, 5:43 pm, wrote:
> On Jun 4, 11:51 am, Steven Bookman > wrote:
>

> > "Pat Thai" which operated for five years at a modest space in
> > Bloomfield NJ has been open for a month at 3 North Beverwyck Road in
> > Lake Hiawatha NJ -- See:

> >http://www.patthai.net/

> > Chef Pornpat Danchompoo continues to lavish much more effort than one
> > expects to encounter in what appears to be a typical neighborhood
> > ethnic dining spot. She prepares everything from scratch, and has a
> > lengthy menu of specialties.

> > Originally enough, Pat Thai highlights the cuisine of one particular
> > Thai Province (again - avoiding the "easy way out" especially in the
> > suburbs, of merely dishing out "generic Thai for Americans." This is
> > Surin Province, in the NE of the country, not far from Cambodia:

> >http://www.thailandguidebook.com/prov...

> > Actually I am told the food at Pat Thai has a slight Cambodian
> > influence.

> > I personally favored their whole fish dishes as well as a
> > noodles-green curry-duck dish they call "Planet Noodle.

> Are you trying to say "pad" Thai?
>
> There's no such thing as "pat thai".
>
> If that's the name of this restaurant, it's pretty embarrassing for
> them.

Pat is the owner's first name. The name of the restaurant is a play on
words. Pad Thai - Pat Thai. Read the press release:
http://home.comcast.net/%7Edynamic1/press-release.html