FoodBanter.com

-   -   How to Eat Breakfast Cereal? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/128446-how-eat-breakfast-cereal.html)

Andy[_2_] 09-07-2007 11:27 AM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?

I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the cereal
goes soggy before I can eat it all.

I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a little bit
of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more as need be.

You?

Andy

kilikini 09-07-2007 12:36 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

Andy wrote:
> Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?
>
> I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the
> cereal goes soggy before I can eat it all.
>
> I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a
> little bit of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more
> as need be.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

I don't eat cereal. I had so dang much of it as a kid that it about wore
out my taste buds. But, back in the days, I used to do the cereal thing and
then add the milk. My mom always gave us Cheerios, Rice Crispies, Wheaties
or Bran Flakes. Cheerios never got soggy, Rice Crispies stayed pretty much
crispy, Wheaties and Bran Flakes got a little soggy, but I back then I
thought it helped get them down. :~)

kili

Sheldon 09-07-2007 12:40 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

On Jul 9, 7:36?am, "kilikini" > wrote:
> Andy wrote:
> > Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?

> > I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the
> > cereal goes soggy before I can eat it all.

> > I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a
> > little bit of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more
> > as need be.

> > You?

> > Andy

> I don't eat cereal. I had so dang much of it as a kid that it about wore
> out my taste buds. But, back in the days, I used to do the cereal thing and
> then add the milk. My mom always gave us Cheerios, Rice Crispies, Wheaties
> or Bran Flakes. Cheerios never got soggy, Rice Crispies stayed pretty much
> crispy, Wheaties and Bran Flakes got a little soggy, but I back then I
> thought it helped get them down. :~)

Get them down... don't you mean swallow? ;)

Sheldon

maxine in ri 09-07-2007 12:43 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

On Jul 9, 6:27 am, Andy <q> wrote:
> Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?
>
> I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the cereal
> goes soggy before I can eat it all.
>
> I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a little bit
> of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more as need be.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

You're weird, Andy.<G>

I pour the cereal, add fruit, sugar (if not presweetened) and then
milk as I'm sitting down to eat them.

Usually, tho, I eat cereal instead of cookies, candy or other snacks:
dry and using fingers instead of a spoon to bring them from bowl to
mouth. Milk just gets in the way.

maxine in ri

Sheldon 09-07-2007 12:52 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

Andy wrote:
> Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?
>
> I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the cereal
> goes soggy before I can eat it all.
>
> I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a little bit
> of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more as need be.
>
> You?

I like shredded wheat, and I like it soggy.

I like Life, I like it soggy too.

I like Raisin Bran, soggy of course.

I like Cocoa Puffs, I like those semi hard... Cocoa Puffs are good in
a black cherry soda egg cream.

Sheldon

Andy[_2_] 09-07-2007 01:04 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

maxine in ri said...

> You're weird, Andy.<G>

Maxine,

I'm OK with that! ;)

Andy

Bobo Bonobo® 09-07-2007 01:04 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

On Jul 9, 6:52 am, Sheldon > wrote:
> Andy wrote:
> > Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?

> > I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the cereal
> > goes soggy before I can eat it all.

> > I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a little bit
> > of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more as need be.

> > You?

> I like shredded wheat, and I like it soggy.
>
> I like Life, I like it soggy too.
>
> I like Raisin Bran, soggy of course.
>
> I like Cocoa Puffs, I like those semi hard... Cocoa Puffs are good in
> a black cherry soda egg cream.

You should apply for the position of breakfast planner in Hell. You
could show Satan this post.

> Sheldon

--Bryan

James Silverton[_2_] 09-07-2007 01:15 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

Andy wrote on Mon, 09 Jul 2007 05:27:28 -0500:

A> I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than
A> not, the cereal goes soggy before I can eat it all.

A> I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just
A> add a little bit of cereal at a time without going too
A> soggy, then add more as need be.

A> You?

I don't like soggy cereal. I'm pretty sure it is a reaction to
(failed) attempts to get me to eat porridge when I was a small
child but I see no reason to change. That being said, I eat
cereals that don't get very soggy in the time it takes me to eat
a bowl if I pour the milk just before I eat. My favorites are
All Bran or Bran Flakes but it pays not too eat too slowly.

Incidentally, what fruits do you like if you eat it with cereal?
I find non-acid fruits like raisins or bananas best and, despite
the ads, I don't like peaches or strawberries.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Dave Smith[_2_] 09-07-2007 01:42 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

Andy wrote:

> Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?
>
> I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the cereal
> goes soggy before I can eat it all.
>
> I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a little bit
> of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more as need be.

I only buy Muffets or Shredded Wheat and they need to be softened up a
little. I crush them into a bowl and add the milk and let it do its thing
while I slice up some fruit for it. If I have no fresh fruit I usually
have frozen berries instead. In that case, I put the berries in a bowl and
then the milk and stir them around for a minute to thaw and then add the
cereal.

Andy[_2_] 09-07-2007 02:19 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

James Silverton said...

> Incidentally, what fruits do you like if you eat it with cereal?
> I find non-acid fruits like raisins or bananas best and, despite
> the ads, I don't like peaches or strawberries.

Certainly bananas!

Andy

cybercat 09-07-2007 02:26 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?
>
> I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the cereal
> goes soggy before I can eat it all.
>
> I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a little
> bit
> of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more as need be.
>
> You?

I eat eggs for breakfast! I was a little child the last time I had breakfast
cereal.

swordman56 09-07-2007 02:59 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

On Jul 9, 3:27 am, Andy <q> wrote:
> Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?
>
> I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the cereal
> goes soggy before I can eat it all.
>
> I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a little bit
> of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more as need be.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

No one mentions eating peanut butter with their cereal. I have to
have peanut butter on the side of the bowl for things like Rice
Crispies or Corn Flakes.

Dave Smith[_2_] 09-07-2007 03:15 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

James Silverton wrote:

> Incidentally, what fruits do you like if you eat it with cereal?
> I find non-acid fruits like raisins or bananas best and, despite
> the ads, I don't like peaches or strawberries.

Strawberries are at the top of the list for me, along with raspberries,
blueberries, but bananas are available all year long.

Kate Connally 09-07-2007 03:17 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

Andy wrote:

> Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?
>
> I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the cereal
> goes soggy before I can eat it all.
>
> I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a little bit
> of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more as need be.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

Well, duh! You put the cereal (Kellogg's Corn Flakes,
naturally) into the bowl. You then sprinkle with copious
amounts of brown sugar. Then you add at least 1/2 banana,
sliced. Then you pour on the whole milk. Everyone knows
this is the only correct way to eat cereal.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

hahabogus 09-07-2007 03:33 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

Kate Connally > wrote in news:f6tg0r$qb2$2
@usenet01.srv.cis.pitt.edu:

> Well, duh! You put the cereal (Kellogg's Corn Flakes,
> naturally) into the bowl. You then sprinkle with copious
> amounts of brown sugar. Then you add at least 1/2 banana,
> sliced. Then you pour on the whole milk. Everyone knows
> this is the only correct way to eat cereal.

Actually Corn Flakes taste better without milk...use icecream instead.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Dave Smith[_2_] 09-07-2007 03:50 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

Kate Connally wrote:

> Well, duh! You put the cereal (Kellogg's Corn Flakes,
> naturally) into the bowl. You then sprinkle with copious
> amounts of brown sugar. Then you add at least 1/2 banana,
> sliced. Then you pour on the whole milk. Everyone knows
> this is the only correct way to eat cereal.

Yes indeed..... whole milk. It has to have some substance to it. A little
cream is nice on it too.

Andy[_2_] 09-07-2007 04:49 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

hahabogus said...

> Kate Connally > wrote in news:f6tg0r$qb2$2
> @usenet01.srv.cis.pitt.edu:
>

>> Well, duh! You put the cereal (Kellogg's Corn Flakes,
>> naturally) into the bowl. You then sprinkle with copious
>> amounts of brown sugar. Then you add at least 1/2 banana,
>> sliced. Then you pour on the whole milk. Everyone knows
>> this is the only correct way to eat cereal.
>>

> Actually Corn Flakes taste better without milk...use icecream instead.

OK!

Andy

ravenlynne[_2_] 09-07-2007 07:15 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

Andy wrote:

> Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?
>
> I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the
> cereal goes soggy before I can eat it all.
>
> I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a
> little bit of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more
> as need be.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

Seriously? LOL...you ARE bored.

Cereal then milk.

--
-Gina in Italy

"evil government scientist Dirk Benedict."
- Anim8rFSK

ravenlynne[_2_] 09-07-2007 07:17 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> On Jul 9, 6:52 am, Sheldon > wrote:
> > Andy wrote:
> > > Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?

> > > I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not,
> > > the cereal goes soggy before I can eat it all.

> > > I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a
> > > little bit of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add
> > > more as need be.

> > > You?

> > I like shredded wheat, and I like it soggy.
> >
> > I like Life, I like it soggy too.
> >
> > I like Raisin Bran, soggy of course.
> >
> > I like Cocoa Puffs, I like those semi hard... Cocoa Puffs are good
> > in a black cherry soda egg cream.

> You should apply for the position of breakfast planner in Hell. You
> could show Satan this post.
> >
> > Sheldon

> --Bryan

My earliest memory in life involves eating cocoa puffs.

ravenlynne[_2_] 09-07-2007 07:17 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

Andy wrote:

> James Silverton said...
>
> > Incidentally, what fruits do you like if you eat it with cereal?
> > I find non-acid fruits like raisins or bananas best and, despite
> > the ads, I don't like peaches or strawberries.

> Certainly bananas!
>
> Andy

Only bananas.

ravenlynne[_2_] 09-07-2007 07:19 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

hahabogus wrote:

> Kate Connally > wrote in news:f6tg0r$qb2$2
> @usenet01.srv.cis.pitt.edu:
>

> > Well, duh! You put the cereal (Kellogg's Corn Flakes,
> > naturally) into the bowl. You then sprinkle with copious
> > amounts of brown sugar. Then you add at least 1/2 banana,
> > sliced. Then you pour on the whole milk. Everyone knows
> > this is the only correct way to eat cereal.
> >

> Actually Corn Flakes taste better without milk...use icecream instead.

That's all I've ever done with corn flakes...lol..makes it crunchy!

Andy[_2_] 09-07-2007 07:36 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

ravenlynne said...

> Andy wrote:
>
>> Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?
>>
>> I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the
>> cereal goes soggy before I can eat it all.
>>
>> I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a
>> little bit of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more
>> as need be.
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy

> Seriously? LOL...you ARE bored.
>
> Cereal then milk.

Well maybe but, I had a bowl of cheerios this morning that ended up soggy
(as usual) and it dawned on me, maybe cereal then milk is all wrong, so I
brought it to the attention of the membership for consideration. :)

Andy
Chairman of the Bored

James Silverton[_2_] 09-07-2007 08:32 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

Andy wrote on Mon, 09 Jul 2007 13:36:46 -0500:

??>> Andy wrote:
??>>
??>>> Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?
??>>>
??>>> I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often
??>>> than not, the cereal goes soggy before I can eat it all.
??>>>
??>>> I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can
??>>> just add a little bit of cereal at a time without going
??>>> too soggy, then add more as need be.
??>>>
??>>> You?
??>>>
??>>> Andy
??>>
??>> Seriously? LOL...you ARE bored.
??>>
??>> Cereal then milk.

A> Well maybe but, I had a bowl of cheerios this morning that
A> ended up soggy (as usual) and it dawned on me, maybe cereal
A> then milk is all wrong, so I brought it to the attention of
A> the membership for consideration. :)

I don't particularly like Cheerios and they do get soggy
quickly. I am so much against sogginess that I almost always
sift the last cup or so All Bran to get rid of the crumbs that
absorb milk quickly :-)

Default User 09-07-2007 09:01 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

ravenlynne wrote:

> Andy wrote:
>
> > James Silverton said...
> >
> > > Incidentally, what fruits do you like if you eat it with cereal?
> > > I find non-acid fruits like raisins or bananas best and, despite
> > > the ads, I don't like peaches or strawberries.

> > Certainly bananas!

> Only bananas.

When the local strawberries are available, I segregate out the really
small ones for cereal use. Very tasty.

Brian

won't shut up.

Koko[_2_] 10-07-2007 12:42 AM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 13:59:41 -0000, swordman56 >
wrote:

>On Jul 9, 3:27 am, Andy <q> wrote:
>> Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?
>>
>> I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the cereal
>> goes soggy before I can eat it all.
>>
>> I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a little bit
>> of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more as need be.
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy

>No one mentions eating peanut butter with their cereal. I have to
>have peanut butter on the side of the bowl for things like Rice
>Crispies or Corn Flakes.

Hmmm....You ever do some time in a Juvenile Detention Facility?

Koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 7/08

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw

Stan Horwitz 10-07-2007 12:48 AM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> ravenlynne said...
>
> > Andy wrote:
> >
> >> Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?
> >>
> >> I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the
> >> cereal goes soggy before I can eat it all.
> >>
> >> I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a
> >> little bit of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more
> >> as need be.
> >>
> >> You?
> >>
> >> Andy

> > Seriously? LOL...you ARE bored.
> >
> > Cereal then milk.

> Well maybe but, I had a bowl of cheerios this morning that ended up soggy
> (as usual) and it dawned on me, maybe cereal then milk is all wrong, so I
> brought it to the attention of the membership for consideration. :)

Andy; just use less milk; you can always add more milk later.

invitetheparty 10-07-2007 02:11 AM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

On Jul 9, 6:27?am, Andy <q> wrote:
> Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?
>
> I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the cereal
> goes soggy before I can eat it all.
>
> I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a little bit
> of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more as need be.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

Cereal, fruit, milk and then sugar. Shredded wheat of course. I
worked with a Doctor who only put Apple Juice on his cereal. He swore
that adult humans did not need to have milk so we should all eat
cereal with apple juice. All I can say to that is yuck!!!!!

Elizabeth

chilichick 10-07-2007 03:04 AM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

On Jul 9, 7:33 am, hahabogus > wrote:
> Kate Connally > wrote in news:f6tg0r$qb2$2
> @usenet01.srv.cis.pitt.edu:
>

> > Well, duh! You put the cereal (Kellogg's Corn Flakes,
> > naturally) into the bowl. You then sprinkle with copious
> > amounts of brown sugar. Then you add at least 1/2 banana,
> > sliced. Then you pour on the whole milk. Everyone knows
> > this is the only correct way to eat cereal.

> Actually Corn Flakes taste better without milk...use icecream instead.
>
> --
>
> The house of the burning beet-Alan
>
> It'll be a sunny day in August, when the Moon will shine that night-
> Elbonian Folklore

what about cereal and yogurt... I like Cheerios and any flavor
yogurt. Sprinkle a few on top as you eat them:) They never get a
chance to get soggy.
chilichick

Julie Bove 10-07-2007 03:11 AM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?
>
> I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the cereal
> goes soggy before I can eat it all.
>
> I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a little
> bit
> of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more as need be.
>
> You?

I just eat it plain. I've always hated milk and even more so on cereal. I
like mine to be crunchy.

Blair P. Houghton 10-07-2007 04:11 AM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

Andy <q> wrote:
>Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?

I don't even enter that aisle of the store.

--Blair

ravenlynne[_2_] 10-07-2007 07:44 AM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

Andy wrote:

> ravenlynne said...
>
> > Andy wrote:
> >
> >> Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?
> >>
> >> I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the
> >> cereal goes soggy before I can eat it all.
> >>
> >> I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a
> >> little bit of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add

> more >> as need be.
> >>
> >> You?
> >>
> >> Andy

> > Seriously? LOL...you ARE bored.
> >
> > Cereal then milk.

> Well maybe but, I had a bowl of cheerios this morning that ended up
> soggy (as usual) and it dawned on me, maybe cereal then milk is all
> wrong, so I brought it to the attention of the membership for
> consideration. :)
>
> Andy
> Chairman of the Bored

I don't think either way would cause sogginess. I think it's got
something to do with the time it takes to eat the cheerios.

ravenlynne[_2_] 10-07-2007 07:45 AM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

Blair P. Houghton wrote:

> Andy <q> wrote:
> > Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?

> I don't even enter that aisle of the store.
>
> --Blair

I do...same aisle as coffee. :-)

Kate Connally 10-07-2007 04:04 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

Andy wrote:

> ravenlynne said...
>

>>Andy wrote:
>>

>>>Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?
>>>
>>>I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the
>>>cereal goes soggy before I can eat it all.
>>>
>>>I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a
>>>little bit of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more
>>>as need be.
>>>
>>>You?
>>>
>>>Andy

>>Seriously? LOL...you ARE bored.
>>
>>Cereal then milk.

> Well maybe but, I had a bowl of cheerios this morning that ended up soggy
> (as usual) and it dawned on me, maybe cereal then milk is all wrong, so I
> brought it to the attention of the membership for consideration. :)
>
> Andy
> Chairman of the Bored

Well, obviously you just don't eat fast enough. Sheesh!

Kate

Andy[_2_] 10-07-2007 04:48 PM

How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

Kate Connally said...

> Andy wrote:
>
>> ravenlynne said...

>>>Seriously? LOL...you ARE bored.
>>>
>>>Cereal then milk.

>> Well maybe but, I had a bowl of cheerios this morning that ended up soggy
>> (as usual) and it dawned on me, maybe cereal then milk is all wrong, so I
>> brought it to the attention of the membership for consideration. :)
>>
>> Andy
>> Chairman of the Bored

> Well, obviously you just don't eat fast enough. Sheesh!
>
> Kate

LOL!

That reminded me (who knows why?) of a comedian who said,

It's not that the glass is half full OR half empty.
It's that the glass is just too big!

Andy