TOM KAN PA

Default Is Emeril getting sillier?

It seems that everything that Emeril does that 'bugs' people is really being
done to the extreme now. The humming (especially when applying salt), the
constant question, "Do you follow me?", the, "Oh yeah, babe.", the BAM, the "I
don't know where you get your _______, but where I get mine, it don't come
seasoned. And the audience reaction to him also seems to have gotten worse,
especially the applause when he adds garlic. It's starting to sound like "Tool
Time."

Howard Malloy

I think he just has way to many irons
in the fire for one man to handle.

Vox Humana

"TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
> It seems that everything that Emeril does that 'bugs' people is really

being
> done to the extreme now. The humming (especially when applying salt), the
> constant question, "Do you follow me?", the, "Oh yeah, babe.", the BAM,

the "I
> don't know where you get your _______, but where I get mine, it don't come
> seasoned. And the audience reaction to him also seems to have gotten

worse,
> especially the applause when he adds garlic. It's starting to sound like

"Tool
> Time."

I'll have to take your word for it. I stopped watching him some time ago.
BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blair P. Houghton

TOM KAN PA > wrote:
>It seems that everything that Emeril does that 'bugs' people is really being

I'm pretty sure he was drunk for one show I saw last week.

>"I don't know where you get your _______, but where I get mine, it don't come
>seasoned."

He can lose that now.

>And the audience reaction to him also seems to have gotten worse,
>especially the applause when he adds garlic. It's starting to sound like "Tool
>Time."

The guy on the other side of Emeril's back fence is the
one that tells him how cooking really works... and in
the last episode we find out it's Frank Perdue...

--Blair
"He needs a Bam! girl."

Emeril Lagasse

"TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
> It seems that everything that Emeril does that 'bugs' people is really

being
> done to the extreme now. The humming (especially when applying salt), the
> constant question, "Do you follow me?", the, "Oh yeah, babe.", the BAM,

the "I
> don't know where you get your _______, but where I get mine, it don't come
> seasoned. And the audience reaction to him also seems to have gotten

worse,
> especially the applause when he adds garlic. It's starting to sound like

"Tool
> Time."

I'm really sorry you don't like the show, TOM, but if you can't operate a
remote, how can you run a stand mixer?

BAM!

Wayne Boatwright

"Emeril Lagasse" > wrote in
. com:

> "TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
>> It seems that everything that Emeril does that 'bugs' people is
>> really

> being
>> done to the extreme now. The humming (especially when applying salt),
>> the constant question, "Do you follow me?", the, "Oh yeah, babe.",
>> the BAM,

> the "I
>> don't know where you get your _______, but where I get mine, it don't
>> come seasoned. And the audience reaction to him also seems to have
>> gotten

> worse,
>> especially the applause when he adds garlic. It's starting to sound
>> like

> "Tool
>> Time."
>>

> I'm really sorry you don't like the show, TOM, but if you can't
> operate a remote, how can you run a stand mixer?
>
> BAM!

Vendettas aside, Emeril couldn't get much sillier than he always was, if
he tried. He is like a caricature of a real person.
Carmen Dioxide

(Vince Poroke) wrote >Julia Childs

It's CHILD. No "s."
Darryl L. Pierce

Daniel W. Rouse Jr. > wrote:
> Applause, cheering, laughter, etc. must almost always be overly exaggerated
> (either on the obvious cue of the studio or the host of the show) during the
> taping process. The theory is that when the show is broadcast on TV, it has
> to look good and sound good. If the audience is fairly dull during the TV
> taping, the show itself will seem even more dull when it is broadcast on TV.

For an example of this last sentence, see any episode of Saturday Night
Live for the last 10 years or so...

--
Darryl L. Pierce >
Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/c/mcpierce>
Leo Scanlon

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:39:40 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>Vendettas aside, Emeril couldn't get much sillier than he always was, if
>he tried. He is like a caricature of a real person.

You have to realize that he's an entertainer first and a cook second.
He plays (or overplays) to the audience and gets big ratings in teh
process.

Leo
kag

Darryl L. Pierce > wrote in message
> For an example of this last sentence, see any episode of Saturday Night
> Live for the last 10 years or so...

thank god NO!

Mike Acord

I'm afraid that it is not possible for Emeril to get any sillier.
Mike Acord

TOM KAN PA wrote:
> It seems that everything that Emeril does that 'bugs' people is really being
> SNIP

kag

i actually dont mind emeril-wonder why he brings out so much animosity in
people? sure he is over the top but it is just his schtick-i think most of
the stuff he cooks on his show looks yummy. his audience i could live
without tho.

plus has emeril ever dissed any chef/personalities like bourdain disses
emeril from time to time?

kag

Mike Acord > wrote in message
> I'm afraid that it is not possible for Emeril to get any sillier.
> Mike Acord
>
> TOM KAN PA wrote:
> > It seems that everything that Emeril does that 'bugs' people is really

being
> > SNIP

NTANTIQUES

>i actually dont mind emeril-wonder why he brings out so much animosity in
>people? sure he is over the top but it is just his schtick-i think most of
>the stuff he cooks on his show looks yummy. his audience i could live
>without tho.
>
>plus has emeril ever dissed any chef/personalities like bourdain disses
>emeril from time to time?
>
>kag
>
>Mike Acord > wrote in message
>> I'm afraid that it is not possible for Emeril to get any sillier.
>> Mike Acord
>>
>> TOM KAN PA wrote:
>> > It seems that everything that Emeril does that 'bugs' people is really

>being
>> > SNIP

Have to admit to a serious Food TV habit, but move on when Emeril comes up in
the lineup. He may well be cooking something interesting but I can't bear the
witless enthusiasm his audiences are goaded into displaying every blessed time
he mentions "kicking it up a notch," "BAM" or adding garlic or booze to a dish.
The schtick might be "cute" once or twice, but now it's like fingernails on a
blackboard. I think it's time for Emeril to hire some writers or take the
money and run.
NT

Jenn

"NTANTIQUES" > wrote in message

> >i actually dont mind emeril-wonder why he brings out so much animosity in
> >people? sure he is over the top but it is just his schtick-i think most

of
> >the stuff he cooks on his show looks yummy. his audience i could live
> >without tho.
> >
> >plus has emeril ever dissed any chef/personalities like bourdain disses
> >emeril from time to time?
> >
> >kag
> >
> >Mike Acord > wrote in message
> >> I'm afraid that it is not possible for Emeril to get any sillier.
> >> Mike Acord

really
> >being

> Have to admit to a serious Food TV habit, but move on when Emeril comes up

in
> the lineup. He may well be cooking something interesting but I can't bear

the
> witless enthusiasm his audiences are goaded into displaying every blessed

time
> he mentions "kicking it up a notch," "BAM" or adding garlic or booze to a

dish.
> The schtick might be "cute" once or twice, but now it's like fingernails

on a
> blackboard. I think it's time for Emeril to hire some writers or take the
> money and run.
> NT

LOL That or he's giving us a lesson about the stove knob

The new Emeril Paul M. Cook General Cooking 16 28-08-2008 04:20 AM
Emeril's Essence Lucy General Cooking 48 14-01-2005 03:21 AM
Emeril, "We really cook here???" TOM KAN PA General Cooking 16 09-12-2004 02:12 PM
Emeril? Is that you? Nancy Young General Cooking 8 20-04-2004 08:24 PM
Chi Chi's and Emeril TOM KAN PA General Cooking 14 16-11-2003 02:28 AM