Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Recipe: Orange Honey Garlic Chicken

It's what's for dinner!

Orange Honey Garlic Chicken

Recipe By: Posted to r.f.c. by Barb Schaller 3-29-2007
Serving Size: 4
Preparation Time: 2:00

1 whole chicken (2 to 3 pound) cut
into pieces
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup orange juice
2 cloves crushed garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika

To make marinade: Combine the soy sauce, honey, orange juice, garlic,
oregano, pepper and paprika. Mix all together and pour over chicken
pieces. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Remove chicken from refrigerator. Place chicken and marinade in a 9x13
inch baking dish and bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours.
Baste once. Serves 4.

‹‹‹‹‹
Notes: From allrecipes.com, 3/07.
I marinated the shicken using my Tilia marinator thingy. I marinated it
in that (in a vacuum) for about 40 minutes at room temp. (The chicken
was still a little frozen in the middle.) I'm thinking about white
rice to accompany it and some other vegetable. Peas, likely.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://jamlady.eboard.com - Comfort Food for Bob Pastorio, updated
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:50:53 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>It's what's for dinner!
>
>Orange Honey Garlic Chicken
>
>Recipe By: Posted to r.f.c. by Barb Schaller 3-29-2007
>Serving Size: 4
>Preparation Time: 2:00
>
>1 whole chicken (2 to 3 pound) cut
> into pieces
>3 tablespoons soy sauce
>2 tablespoons honey
>1/4 cup orange juice
>2 cloves crushed garlic
>1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
>1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
>1/2 teaspoon paprika
>
>To make marinade: Combine the soy sauce, honey, orange juice, garlic,
>oregano, pepper and paprika. Mix all together and pour over chicken
>pieces. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
>
>Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
>
>Remove chicken from refrigerator. Place chicken and marinade in a 9x13
>inch baking dish and bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours.
>Baste once. Serves 4.

That sounds good! I bet it would be good on the grill, too. We'll
have to try it.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Mar 29, 2:50 pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> It's what's for dinner!
>
> Orange Honey Garlic Chicken
> [snip recipe]
> I marinated the shicken using my Tilia marinator thingy. I marinated it
> in that (in a vacuum) for about 40 minutes at room temp. (The chicken
> was still a little frozen in the middle.) I'm thinking about white
> rice to accompany it and some other vegetable. Peas, likely.

I make a similar thing. Bok choy or baby bok choy, stirfried in oil
flavored with several ginger slices, goes well with it. Steamed rice
usually, but diced sauteed potatoes are a pretty good accompaniment,
too. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Melba's Jammin' > said:
> It's what's for dinner!
>
> Orange Honey Garlic Chicken

<snip>

> I marinated the shicken using my Tilia marinator thingy. I marinated it
> in that (in a vacuum) for about 40 minutes at room temp. (The chicken
> was still a little frozen in the middle.) I'm thinking about white
> rice to accompany it and some other vegetable. Peas, likely.

That sounds wonderful, Barb -- I've got to try this soon...

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 29, 3:50Â*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> It's what's for dinner!
>
> Orange Honey Garlic Chicken
>
> Recipe By: Â*Posted to r.f.c. by Barb Schaller 3-29-2007
> Serving Size: Â*4
> Preparation Time: 2:00
>
> 1 Â*whole chicken Â*(2 to 3 pound) cut
> Â* Â* Â* into pieces
> 3 Â*tablespoons soy sauce Â*
> 2 Â*tablespoons honey
> 1/4 Â* cup Â* orange juice Â*
> 2 Â*cloves Â* crushed garlic
> 1/2 Â* teaspoon dried oregano Â*
> 1/4 Â* teaspoon ground black pepper Â*
> 1/2 Â* teaspoon paprika Â*
>
> To make marinade: Combine the soy sauce, honey, orange juice, garlic,
> oregano, pepper and paprika. Mix all together and pour over chicken
> pieces. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
>
> Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
>
> Remove chicken from refrigerator. Place chicken and marinade in a 9x13
> inch baking dish and bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours.
> Baste once. Â*Serves 4.
>
> Â* Â*€¹€¹€¹€¹€¹ Â* Â* Â*
> Notes: Â* From allrecipes.com, 3/07.
> I marinated the shicken using my Tilia marinator thingy. Â*I marinated it
> in that (in a vacuum) for about 40 minutes at room temp. Â*(The chicken
> was still a little frozen in the middle.) Â* I'm thinking about white
> rice to accompany it and some other vegetable. Â*Peas, likely.
>
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://jamlady.eboard.com- Comfort Food for Bob Pastorio, updated
> 3-16-2007http://web.mac.com/barbschaller- Hollandaise sauce 3-15-2007http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor

I just noticed that you're doing the board for Bob....is there any way
that I can send photos of my spring bulbs that are blooming? I
thought that might be a little bit of cheer. Feel free to email me if
you think that's okay and/or how to do it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> It's what's for dinner!
>
> Orange Honey Garlic Chicken

Pictures have been posted to the dotmac site below.
It was pretty good. Rob loved it.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://jamlady.eboard.com - Comfort Food for Bob Pastorio, updated