Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The Gumbo Goddess

You may all bow and kiss my .... ring :-)

Despite my initial whining in chat, my gumbo is FABULOUS. Just spicy
enough for me (my lips are still tingling) which may well mean that my
mom won't be able to enjoy it :-( Next time, I will use a more
restrained hand with the cayenne. I'm also very curious about
ChrisD's microwave roux method as 40+ minutes of tending my roux gave
me the misery in my back.

I have enough gumbo to feed a small army. The neighbors will benefit.
Roomie and I will be eating this stuff all week.

To paraphrase a certain frozen Minnesotan, it's good to be Moi :-)
And good to be Moi's Neighbors!

TammyM, the newly declared Gumbo Goddess
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 19:27:37 -0700, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 01:38:04 GMT, (TammyM) wrote:
>
>>You may all bow and kiss my .... ring :-)

>Not hardly..unless you pay me enough, or bring me goodies...

Whether you bow/kiss or not, the truth is OUT! I am THE ONE!!

>>Despite my initial whining in chat, my gumbo is FABULOUS. Just spicy
>>enough for me (my lips are still tingling) which may well mean that my
>>mom won't be able to enjoy it :-( Next time, I will use a more
>>restrained hand with the cayenne. I'm also very curious about
>>ChrisD's microwave roux method as 40+ minutes of tending my roux gave
>>me the misery in my back.

>Oh it was good..very, very good. I love it..
>But..I will transfer it to the pot when it is a bit lighter next
>time.. It took me some time to get it up to speed/heat..and I don';t
>think my veggies seared enough...
>Now I know...

Yeah. Me too. Next time, I'll have a different vessel in which to do
the roux. I ended up having to transfer the whole kitten kaboodle
into my 12-quart stock pot!

>>I have enough gumbo to feed a small army. The neighbors will benefit.
>>Roomie and I will be eating this stuff all week.

>It freezes extremely well...

Maybe YOURS will have to be frozen, mine will get et within the next
couple of days. It's that good. HA!

>>To paraphrase a certain frozen Minnesotan, it's good to be Moi :-)
>>And good to be Moi's Neighbors!

>And good to know her..

Now you're talking, sistuh!

>Christine
>>
>>TammyM, the newly declared Gumbo Goddess

>I beg your pardon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beg all you like, the truth is out! I am the GUMBO GODDESS!

TammyM, whose neighbors are already begging for more :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2007-03-04, TammyM > wrote:

> Whether you bow/kiss or not, the truth is OUT! I am THE ONE!!

Nonesense. I can make a perfect Fudgesicle brown roux in about 10
mins. The rest is childs play. Neener, neener!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 21:40:16 -0600, notbob > wrote:

>On 2007-03-04, TammyM > wrote:
>
>> Whether you bow/kiss or not, the truth is OUT! I am THE ONE!!

>Nonesense. I can make a perfect Fudgesicle brown roux in about 10
>mins. The rest is childs play. Neener, neener!

Someone load the liar cannon for nb! ;-)

TammyM, Still The One!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"TammyM" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 19:27:37 -0700, Christine Dabney
> > wrote:

<snip to get to point>
>> Yeah. Me too. Next time, I'll have a different vessel in which to do

> the roux. I ended up having to transfer the whole kitten kaboodle
> into my 12-quart stock pot!

Do you mean *kit and caboodle*? If not what the heck is a "kitten
kaboodle"?

Kate <---wondering and craving gumbo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 17:28:59 GMT, "Kate B"
> wrote:

>"TammyM" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 19:27:37 -0700, Christine Dabney
>> > wrote:

><snip to get to point>
>>> Yeah. Me too. Next time, I'll have a different vessel in which to do

>> the roux. I ended up having to transfer the whole kitten kaboodle
>> into my 12-quart stock pot!

>Do you mean *kit and caboodle*? If not what the heck is a "kitten
>kaboodle"?
>
>Kate <---wondering and craving gumbo

Well yes, and I just like playing around with words. Didn't mean to
confooze :-)

Gumbo is the breakfast of champions!

TammyM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM said...

> Gumbo is the breakfast of champions!
>
> TammyM

TammyM,

Funny you should mention it. I had two bowls this morning and then retired to
the La-Z-Boy and did something I haven't done in years... I napped!

"The stomach taking over the brain" effect?

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kate B wrote:

> "TammyM" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 19:27:37 -0700, Christine Dabney
>> > wrote:

><snip to get to point>
>>> Yeah. Me too. Next time, I'll have a different vessel in which to do

>> the roux. I ended up having to transfer the whole kitten kaboodle
>> into my 12-quart stock pot!

> Do you mean *kit and caboodle*? If not what the heck is a "kitten
> kaboodle"?

It might be an eggcorn.

http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4 Mar 2007 18:49:25 GMT, Blinky the Shark >
wrote:

>Kate B wrote:
>>
>> "TammyM" > wrote in message
>>> On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 19:27:37 -0700, Christine Dabney

>><snip to get to point>
>>> the roux. I ended up having to transfer the whole kitten kaboodle
>>> into my 12-quart stock pot!

>> Do you mean *kit and caboodle*? If not what the heck is a "kitten
>> kaboodle"?

>It might be an eggcorn.
>
>http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/

Hey Blinky, thanks for posting this! I love the subject of
language/language evolution (or, in some cases, devolution). I'll
check it out further.

TammyM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM > wrote in message
> You may all bow and kiss my .... ring :-)

That ain't a ring I'd be kissin', ya Miracle Whip Reprobate!

> Despite my initial whining in chat, my gumbo
> is FABULOUS. Just spicy enough for me
> (my lips are still tingling) which may well mean
> that my mom won't be able to enjoy it :-(
> Next time, I will use a more restrained hand
> with the cayenne.

HA! Tendermouth! Gumbo is best enjoyed whilst in rapturous pain!

[snip]
> To paraphrase a certain frozen Minnesotan, it's
> good to be Moi :-) And good to be Moi's Neighbors!

Here's a Miracle Whip and Tuna Sandwich. Now go back to your
corner and sit a while.

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"TammyM" > wrote in message
> You may all bow and kiss my .... ring :-)
>
> Despite my initial whining in chat, my gumbo is FABULOUS. Just spicy
> enough for me (my lips are still tingling) which may well mean that my
> mom won't be able to enjoy it :-( Next time, I will use a more
> restrained hand with the cayenne. I'm also very curious about
> ChrisD's microwave roux method as 40+ minutes of tending my roux gave
> me the misery in my back.
>
> I have enough gumbo to feed a small army. The neighbors will benefit.
> Roomie and I will be eating this stuff all week.
>
> To paraphrase a certain frozen Minnesotan, it's good to be Moi :-)
> And good to be Moi's Neighbors!
>
> TammyM, the newly declared Gumbo Goddess

I took my 14 year old son with me shopping today. He asked what I needed
and I told him seafood to go along with the sausage and smoked ham......he
picked up a bag and plopped it in the buggy. I looked and it said 'seafood
mixture including crab and clams'. Okay, says I, my recipe(s) I combined
called for one or both of the above so away I went. When I got home, roux
done and veggies chopped and sausage sliced and shrimp peeled, I opened said
package.....inside, along with the clams and crab meat were calamari rings
and baby octopi as well as a few other odds and ends.... So Mistress Tammy,
you may declare yourself the Gumbo Goddess, but MY gumbo could reach out and
wrap its tenticles around you and pull you in.....
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM wrote:
> You may all bow and kiss my .... ring :-)
>
> Despite my initial whining in chat, my gumbo is FABULOUS. Just spicy
> enough for me (my lips are still tingling) which may well mean that my
> mom won't be able to enjoy it :-( Next time, I will use a more
> restrained hand with the cayenne. I'm also very curious about
> ChrisD's microwave roux method as 40+ minutes of tending my roux gave
> me the misery in my back.
>
> I have enough gumbo to feed a small army. The neighbors will benefit.
> Roomie and I will be eating this stuff all week.
>
> To paraphrase a certain frozen Minnesotan, it's good to be Moi :-)
> And good to be Moi's Neighbors!
>
> TammyM, the newly declared Gumbo Goddess

My husband is a Southern Gentleman ? and claimed my gumbo was the best he's
ever tasted. He sat me down on a stool while I stirred the roux for about
an hour to get a chocolate color. I have enough to feed an army, too, but,
then again, my husband *IS* The Fat Man and can eat an army's worth in one
sitting. I'm hoping the flavor will be better today.

http://i13.tinypic.com/2vwv5a0.jpg

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini said...

> My husband is a Southern Gentleman ? and claimed my gumbo was the best he's
> ever tasted. He sat me down on a stool while I stirred the roux for about
> an hour to get a chocolate color. I have enough to feed an army, too, but,
> then again, my husband *IS* The Fat Man and can eat an army's worth in one
> sitting. I'm hoping the flavor will be better today.

Yeah, TFM... just the guy I want in the bunkers next to me!

I don't think the man exhales!

<VBG>

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> kilikini said...
>
>> My husband is a Southern Gentleman ? and claimed my gumbo was the
>> best he's ever tasted. He sat me down on a stool while I stirred
>> the roux for about an hour to get a chocolate color. I have enough
>> to feed an army, too, but, then again, my husband *IS* The Fat Man
>> and can eat an army's worth in one sitting. I'm hoping the flavor
>> will be better today.

> Yeah, TFM... just the guy I want in the bunkers next to me!
>
> I don't think the man exhales!
>
> <VBG>
>
> Andy

Andy, he exhales.........through his ASS! ROFL. Sorry, had to share. :~)

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 07:20:31 -0500, "kilikini"
> wrote:
>
>Andy, he exhales.........through his ASS! ROFL. Sorry, had to share. :~)

TMI, Kili, TMI.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking
mm mm is offline

On Mar 3, 5:38 pm, (TammyM) wrote:
> You may all bow and kiss my .... ring :-)
>
> Despite my initial whining in chat, my gumbo is FABULOUS. Just spicy
> enough for me (my lips are still tingling) which may well mean that my
> mom won't be able to enjoy it :-( Next time, I will use a more
> restrained hand with the cayenne. I'm also very curious about
> ChrisD's microwave roux method as 40+ minutes of tending my roux gave
> me the misery in my back.
>
> I have enough gumbo to feed a small army. The neighbors will benefit.
> Roomie and I will be eating this stuff all week.
>
> To paraphrase a certain frozen Minnesotan, it's good to be Moi :-)
> And good to be Moi's Neighbors!
>
> TammyM, the newly declared Gumbo Goddess

Where is your recipe?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5 Mar 2007 01:18:26 -0800, "mm" > wrote:

>On Mar 3, 5:38 pm, (TammyM) wrote:
>> You may all bow and kiss my .... ring :-)
>>
>> Despite my initial whining in chat, my gumbo is FABULOUS. Just spicy
>> enough for me (my lips are still tingling) which may well mean that my
>> mom won't be able to enjoy it :-( Next time, I will use a more
>> restrained hand with the cayenne. I'm also very curious about
>> ChrisD's microwave roux method as 40+ minutes of tending my roux gave
>> me the misery in my back.
>>
>> I have enough gumbo to feed a small army. The neighbors will benefit.
>> Roomie and I will be eating this stuff all week.
>>
>> To paraphrase a certain frozen Minnesotan, it's good to be Moi :-)
>> And good to be Moi's Neighbors!
>>
>> TammyM, the newly declared Gumbo Goddess

>Where is your recipe?

I morphed mine from several and, as usual, didn't write anything down.
I'm often a "seat-of-my-pants" cook. No one's complained yet.

TammyM

Recipe- was: Green Goddess Don Martinich General Cooking 11 14-04-2010 05:16 AM
Green Goddess Dimitri General Cooking 0 12-04-2010 11:33 PM
Green Goddess gloria.p General Cooking 0 11-04-2010 11:28 PM
Green Goddess rec.food.baking General Cooking 0 11-04-2010 06:20 AM
vegas trip: gumbo, gumbo, sushi, ribs, duck, duck, duck, crabcake, and the conundrum of kobe beef sliders Blair P. Houghton General Cooking 3 29-08-2004 07:04 AM