Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sponge Pudding recipes with sauce

hi

I made a very nice spong pudding with toffee sauce the other day,
where the liquid is poured on top of the sponge mix before cooking. It
then sinks to the bottom during cooking leaving the sponge nice and
moist with a gooey sauce underneath. Does anyone have of know of any
simular pudding recipes I could try

thanks

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sally" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> hi
>
> I made a very nice spong pudding with toffee sauce the other day,
> where the liquid is poured on top of the sponge mix before cooking. It
> then sinks to the bottom during cooking leaving the sponge nice and
> moist with a gooey sauce underneath. Does anyone have of know of any
> simular pudding recipes I could try

I would love to know the answer to that too. I've only ever bought the
packet mixes for that sort of thing, it would be great to make my own.

Would you care to share your recipe for the toffee sauce one?

Jen

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

"Jen" > schreef in bericht

> "Sally" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> hi
>>
>> I made a very nice spong pudding with toffee sauce the other day,
>> where the liquid is poured on top of the sponge mix before cooking. It
>> then sinks to the bottom during cooking leaving the sponge nice and
>> moist with a gooey sauce underneath. Does anyone have of know of any
>> simular pudding recipes I could try

> I would love to know the answer to that too. I've only ever bought the
> packet mixes for that sort of thing, it would be great to make my own.
>
> Would you care to share your recipe for the toffee sauce one?
>
> Jen

Yes, please!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

"Sally" > schreef in bericht
oups.com...
> hi
>
> I made a very nice spong pudding with toffee sauce the other day,
> where the liquid is poured on top of the sponge mix before cooking. It
> then sinks to the bottom during cooking leaving the sponge nice and
> moist with a gooey sauce underneath. Does anyone have of know of any
> simular pudding recipes I could try
>
> thanks

You could do a web search for self-saucing chocolate pudding (aka chocolate
fondant, sometimes). There should be one around by Bill Granger, and another
by Jamie Oliver.

It's a classic, so you're bound to find a recipe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 2, 1:59 pm, "Sally" > wrote:
> hi
>
> I made a very nice spong pudding with toffee sauce the other day,
> where the liquid is poured on top of the sponge mix before cooking. It
> then sinks to the bottom during cooking leaving the sponge nice and
> moist with a gooey sauce underneath. Does anyone have of know of any
> simular pudding recipes I could try
>
> thanks

There is a recipe in "Classic Home Desserts" for a lemon one. If you
don't have access to that book, let me know & I'll post the recipe
later when I'm home.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sally" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> hi
>
> I made a very nice spong pudding with toffee sauce the other day,
> where the liquid is poured on top of the sponge mix before cooking. It
> then sinks to the bottom during cooking leaving the sponge nice and
> moist with a gooey sauce underneath. Does anyone have of know of any
> simular pudding recipes I could try
>
> thanks

I have a nice one that's similar. Lemon Meringue pudding. I adapted for
weight watchers but you could use a full cup of sugar.

-= Exported from BigOven =-

WW LEMON MERINGUE PUDDING

Enjoy the pudding-like consistency of this ultra-easy, six-ingredient
"cake".

Recipe By: Edoc
Serving Size: 6
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: PUDDING, WW

-= Ingredients =-
2 eggs, separated
1 cup Milk ; 2%
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup Splenda
1/4 cup All purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
Whipped ; cream

-= Instructions =-
Heat oven to 350 F. Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer on
high speed until stiff peaks form. Beat egg yolks slightly in large bowl
on medium speed; beat in milk, lemon peel and lemon juice until well
blended. Beat in sugar, flour and salt until smooth. Fold into beaten egg
whites. Pour into ungreased 1-quart casserole. Place casserole in square
pan, 9x9x2 inches, on oven rack; pour very hot water (1 inch deep) into
pan. Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cool

Delicious!

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

--
Helen
in

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jen" > wrote in message

> "Sally" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> hi
>>
>> I made a very nice spong pudding with toffee sauce the other day,
>> where the liquid is poured on top of the sponge mix before cooking. It
>> then sinks to the bottom during cooking leaving the sponge nice and
>> moist with a gooey sauce underneath. Does anyone have of know of any
>> simular pudding recipes I could try

> I would love to know the answer to that too. I've only ever bought the
> packet mixes for that sort of thing, it would be great to make my own.
>
> Would you care to share your recipe for the toffee sauce one?
>
> Jen

Here's a chocolate one

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Helen's Hot Fudge Pudding With Sauce.

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 4
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Family

-= Ingredients =-
-MM BY HELEN PEAGRAM-
1 cup Flour
1/3 cup Cocoa
3/4 cup Sugar
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 cup Shortening
1 Egg
2/3 cup Milk
*Sauce*
3/4 cup Sugar
3 tablespoons Cocoa
2 tablespoons Water
2 cups HOT water

-= Instructions =-
Servings: 4 Preheat to 350F Sift dry ingrediants in a bowl. Cut in
shortening. Add egg & milk. Stir til flour is moist. Put batter in 9"
cake pan. Mix sauce well, pour over batter slowly. Bake for 40 min. Serve
with milk or cream (while warm) h.peagram

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

--
Helen
in
FERGUS/HARLINGEN
http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/index.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2 Mar, 21:59, "Sally" > wrote:
> hi
>
> I made a very nice spong pudding with toffee sauce the other day,
> where the liquid is poured on top of the sponge mix before cooking. It
> then sinks to the bottom during cooking leaving the sponge nice and
> moist with a gooey sauce underneath. Does anyone have of know of any
> simular pudding recipes I could try
>
> thanks

Thanks for all the recipes I'll try them out in the week. Here's the
one I made, it's actually called Sultana & Butterscotch Pudding and
well worth a try as it's very easy to make
sponge
75g butter,softened
150g plain flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
60g caster suger
125g sultanas
1 large egg
100ml semi-skimmed milk

for the sauce
125g dark soft brown sugar
50g butter
juice 1/2 lemon (will need 1.2litre baking dish buttered)
450ml boiling water
cook at 180C
sponge
rub the butter into the flour to make crumbs, then stir in baking
powder, sugar and sultanas. Light whisk the egg with the milk and add
to the dry mix.
spread this into the bowl.
make the sauce by melting the butter & sugar in a saucepan . Add 450ml
of boiling water and the lemon juice. Now pour this over the top of
the sponge mix(it's look rather odd at this stage)
bake for 40-45 mins (all the sauce will sink to the bottom during
cooking)