Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Weekend survey on the RFC site: Coffee, anyone?

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now!

Thanks go to James Silverton for this one
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2007-02-03, Chatty Cathy > wrote:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now!

A rather pointless poll.

Typically, coffee is not roasted to any one person's preferences.
It's roasted to yield the best flavor and body it has to offer. The
method of brewing is also taken into account. Sure, you can order a
coffee roasted (better yet, roast your own!) to your own specs, but
why would you roast a Kona or Blue Mountain to French? A waste of
good coffee.

nb .... a big coffee post on the subject coming
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob said...

> A rather pointless poll.

You have a point there, BUT YOUR HAIR CONCEALS IT!!!

LOLOLOLOL!!!

Andy
Doesn't do coffee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2007-02-03, Andy <q> wrote:

> You have a point there, BUT YOUR HAIR CONCEALS IT!!!
>
> LOLOLOLOL!!!

What hair!?

HAH!!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hello, notbob!
You wrote on Sat, 03 Feb 2007 15:07:08 -0600:

n> On 2007-02-03, Chatty Cathy >
wrote:
??>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
??>>
??>> Vote now!

n> A rather pointless poll.

n> Typically, coffee is not roasted to any one person's
n> preferences. It's roasted to yield the best flavor and body
n> it has to offer. The method of brewing is also taken into
n> account. Sure, you can order a coffee roasted (better yet,
n> roast your own!) to your own specs, but why would you roast
n> a Kona or Blue Mountain to French? A waste of good coffee.

Sorry, I disagree and that's in the nature of such things. I do
vary the amount of roasting in the coffees I buy but I'd roast a
Kona. I don't know about Blue Mountain; that's on the level of
the $50 for 3oz of balsamic vinegar!

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 15:07:08 -0600, notbob > wrote:

>why would you roast a Kona or Blue Mountain to French? A waste of
>good coffee.

Haven't tried Blue Mountain, but I guess that's why Kona leaves me
cold. It's not roasted dark enough.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" <not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not> wrote >

>I don't know about Blue Mountain; that's on the level of the $50 for 3oz of
>balsamic vinegar!

BM's $45-50 a lb now, it was $100 when I first noticed
it in the market. It is such a strong, smooth, buttery coffee.
Amazing stuff. And I generally avoid trendy stuff. One sip
and I knew it was worth it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 15:07:08 -0600, notbob > wrote:

>On 2007-02-03, Chatty Cathy > wrote:
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>
>> Vote now!

>A rather pointless poll.

I seem to nearly always click "my response isn't on the list". In
this case, my response would be, "I like good coffee, and whatever
they have to do to make the coffee taste good is fine with me."

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com