Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bah Humbug!

What's the matter with you guys? Spending time with family instead of
your RFCJ friends!

Well I guess I'll go back to rearranging the kitchen shelves, doing
laundry, and committing neatness since you all seem to have chosen
relatives over friends.
;-)
Keep up the good work!
maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article om>,
"maxine in ri" > wrote:

> What's the matter with you guys? Spending time with family instead of
> your RFCJ friends!

I cooked yesterday and spent my time then. ;-)
I have to work tonight and dad's gone back to bed.

I'm just doing cleanup right now.

> Well I guess I'll go back to rearranging the kitchen shelves, doing
> laundry, and committing neatness since you all seem to have chosen
> relatives over friends.
> ;-)
> Keep up the good work!
> maxine in ri

Tsk! ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 25 Dec 2006 09:05:06 -0800, "maxine in ri" >
wrote:

>What's the matter with you guys? Spending time with family instead of
>your RFCJ friends!
>
>Well I guess I'll go back to rearranging the kitchen shelves, doing
>laundry, and committing neatness since you all seem to have chosen
>relatives over friends.
>;-)
>Keep up the good work!
>maxine in ri

I'm here, Maxine, although I will be leaving in an hour or two. This
is just a miserable Christmas for us! We WILL be together (most of
us) but some family discord is going on, rather UNusual given the
participants, and everyone is pretty unhappy about it. I was tearful
this morning as I was readying my homemade presents for everyone, and
that is MOST out of character for me. Maybe it's just middle age, eh?

Then again, the only thing to do is give it the old stiff upper lip,
smile as best one can, and soldier on! As my mother always says, into
each life some rain will come, and you have to fight to be happy. So
there it goes.

I hope everyone else who celebrates Christmas is having a lovely time
with family and friends!

best wishes to ALL,
TammyM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> What's the matter with you guys? Spending time with family instead of
> your RFCJ friends!
>
> Well I guess I'll go back to rearranging the kitchen shelves, doing
> laundry, and committing neatness since you all seem to have chosen
> relatives over friends.
> ;-)
> Keep up the good work!
> maxine in ri

I'm finishing up cooking for tonite's open house at a friends. I made the
bread yesterday (posted the recipe); made up a batch of Barb Schaller's
cream cheese cakes; and the spuds are now cooking for 'tater salad.

Harriet & critters (J J the world famous jack russell terrior who is in the
yard talking to the squirrels; P K the lady manx who rules the house is
under the computer table; my son Joseph is with his girl friend & her kids.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 18:55:17 GMT, "Harriet Neal"
> wrote:

>> What's the matter with you guys? Spending time with family instead of
>> your RFCJ friends!
>>
>> Well I guess I'll go back to rearranging the kitchen shelves, doing
>> laundry, and committing neatness since you all seem to have chosen
>> relatives over friends.
>> ;-)
>> Keep up the good work!
>> maxine in ri

>I'm finishing up cooking for tonite's open house at a friends. I made the
>bread yesterday (posted the recipe); made up a batch of Barb Schaller's
>cream cheese cakes; and the spuds are now cooking for 'tater salad.

Harriet, is that the coffee cake? That is a WONDERFUL recipe, I get
raves when I make it for the office!

TammyM

>Harriet & critters (J J the world famous jack russell terrior who is in the
>yard talking to the squirrels; P K the lady manx who rules the house is
>under the computer table; my son Joseph is with his girl friend & her kids.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"maxine in ri" > wrote

> What's the matter with you guys? Spending time with family instead of
> your RFCJ friends!
>
> Well I guess I'll go back to rearranging the kitchen shelves, doing
> laundry, and committing neatness since you all seem to have chosen
> relatives over friends.
> ;-)
> Keep up the good work!

I chose the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular
over rfc *and* family. Been too long, and what a fun thing to
do on Christmas.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article om>,
"maxine in ri" > wrote:

> What's the matter with you guys? Spending time with family instead of
> your RFCJ friends!
>
> Well I guess I'll go back to rearranging the kitchen shelves, doing
> laundry, and committing neatness since you all seem to have chosen
> relatives over friends.
> ;-)
> Keep up the good work!
> maxine in ri

I'm here, for now. We took a requested spaghetti lunch down to SO's mom
in the nursing home. She wanted garlic bread as well. Since nothing
else was open in the neighborhood, I bought some challah rolls from
Leah's Kosher Catering and used that for garlic bread. They worked out
nicely. We also brought the mom a box of Chukar cherries and a
mini-loaf of the infamous eggnog bread. (I KNOW I've posted this recipe
in the past.) We also gave a full-size loaf of said bread to the
hard-working staff on her floor. These people are wonderful to give up
the holiday with their families to care for the residents. We got hugs
from the shift head nurse in appreciation.

The duck is roasting away as I type. Life is good. Time to look
through my Christmas cookbooks (post to come).

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me