Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Source for inexpensive Equal or Splenda?

Oh pshaw, on Sat 25 Nov 2006 03:29:41p, cathy meant to say...

> On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 09:11:38 -0800, Abe > wrote:
>
>>The prices for the packets are exorbitant at my grocery.
>>
>>Anyone know of an online source that sells them inexpensively?
>>
>>Thanks

> WalMart has the lowest prices I've seen for the bags and boxes of
> Splenda.
>
> Cathy

WalMart also has their own brand called Altern, which is the generic
equivalent of Splenda. It is chemically identical, and I cannot tell the
difference is use or taste. It's definitely lower cost than Splenda.
Altern is sold in the same size bulk bag (9.7 oz.) for cup-for-cup
measurements, as well as packets.

--
Wayne Boatwright

If at first we don't succeed, we run the risk of
failure.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 09:11:38 -0800, Abe > wrote:

>The prices for the packets are exorbitant at my grocery.
>
>Anyone know of an online source that sells them inexpensively?
>
>Thanks

WalMart has the lowest prices I've seen for the bags and boxes of
Splenda.

Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sat 25 Nov 2006 04:06:32p, Dawn H. meant to say...

> I get 1000 packets of splenda in a box at Costco for $19.99 thats the
> cheapest I've ever seen it.
>

> Dawn

Yes, it is, if you want it in packets. I rarely use packets, since I use it
mostly for baking.

--
Wayne Boatwright

If at first we don't succeed, we run the risk of
failure.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I get 1000 packets of splenda in a box at Costco for $19.99 thats the
cheapest I've ever seen it.

Dawn

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sat 25 Nov 2006 06:11:27p, Michael "Dog3" Lonergan meant to
say...

> I could not tell the difference between Splenda and Altern although I've
> not used Altern in baking or recipes that require sugar.

I bake with the Alterna, Michael. In fact, my Thanksgiving pumpkin pie was
sweetened with Alterna, and I used egg substitute for the eggs. The pie was
delicious.

--
Wayne Boatwright

You're not as real as you think you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Oh pshaw, on Sat 25 Nov 2006 06:11:27p, Michael "Dog3" Lonergan meant
> to say...
>
> > I could not tell the difference between Splenda and Altern although
> > I've not used Altern in baking or recipes that require sugar.
> >

> I bake with the Alterna, Michael. In fact, my Thanksgiving pumpkin
> pie was sweetened with Alterna, and I used egg substitute for the
> eggs. The pie was delicious.

Cheap aspartame (not with the Equal brand name) can be found at Aldi --
if there's one in your area.

--
Dan Goodman
All political parties die at last of swallowing their own lies.