Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

Default Pizza Question

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > schreef in bericht
6.121...
> *sigh* Before anyone jumps my ass I'll just say Steven bought a pizza from
> a kid selling them for Boyscout points or something or other. We had a big
> fight over it. His reasoning is, why penalize an 8 year old for something
> the adults have f*cked up? We both dislike the BSA's discriminatory
> practices and are generally quite vocal about it. He still bought the
> pizza.

I am not familiar with the US BSA, but I'll assume they are not ***
friendly.

In that case, for the record: I would have chosen your chance. No need the
not give the kid a chance to learn about other views.

There are plenty of better things to supprot out there, as well, if one
wants to support organizations. Not buying something from the kid is NOT a
punishment.

But hey, I do get that someone wishes well for a child and wants to give
them a good feeling.

I also do not mean to give reasons for a restart of the fight I just
want to show my empathy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jke wrote:
> "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > schreef in bericht
> 6.121...
> > *sigh* Before anyone jumps my ass I'll just say Steven bought a pizza from
> > a kid selling them for Boyscout points or something or other. We had a big
> > fight over it. His reasoning is, why penalize an 8 year old for something
> > the adults have f*cked up? We both dislike the BSA's discriminatory
> > practices and are generally quite vocal about it. He still bought the
> > pizza.
> >

> I am not familiar with the US BSA, but I'll assume they are not ***
> friendly.
>
> In that case, for the record: I would have chosen your chance. No need the
> not give the kid a chance to learn about other views.
>
> There are plenty of better things to supprot out there, as well, if one
> wants to support organizations. Not buying something from the kid is NOT a
> punishment.
>
> But hey, I do get that someone wishes well for a child and wants to give
> them a good feeling.
>
> I also do not mean to give reasons for a restart of the fight I just
> want to show my empathy.

It's all too bad- a bunch of boys looking to have a good time and learn
something, and having it ****ed up by a bunch of adults with ignorant
attitudes

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

> It's all too bad- a bunch of boys looking to have a good time and learn
> something, and having it ****ed up by a bunch of adults with ignorant
> attitudes

I am not sure which particular adults/attitudes you mean?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jke wrote:
> > It's all too bad- a bunch of boys looking to have a good time and learn
> > something, and having it ****ed up by a bunch of adults with ignorant
> > attitudes

> I am not sure which particular adults/attitudes you mean?

Homophobic adults

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

"merryb" > schreef in bericht
ps.com...

> Jke wrote:
>> > It's all too bad- a bunch of boys looking to have a good time and learn
>> > something, and having it ****ed up by a bunch of adults with ignorant
>> > attitudes

>> I am not sure which particular adults/attitudes you mean?

> Homophobic adults

Ok, thanks for the clarification

Pizza Question zxcvbob General Cooking 0 23-10-2006 07:09 AM
Pizza Question sf General Cooking 0 23-10-2006 06:59 AM
Pizza Question Mr Libido Incognito General Cooking 0 23-10-2006 03:47 AM
Pizza Question Terry Pulliam Burd General Cooking 0 23-10-2006 01:07 AM
Pizza question, please limey General Cooking 5 07-03-2006 04:07 AM