Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Shrimp Alfredo a la rec.food.recipes

I'm not trying to start another Alfredo thread, but ...

---------------------
Shrimp Alfredo

pack of shrimp
jar of alfredo sauce
noodles, of your choice

Directions: cook your shrimp until it is fully cooked, like regulary.
boil some water for your noodles. once your noodles are done as well as
your shrimp, mix it all together in a big bowl. warm up the alfredo for
thirty seconds and pour it over the meal. your now ready to enjoy.'
--------------------

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Felice Friese wrote:
> I'm not trying to start another Alfredo thread, but ...

Of course not! LOL

> ---------------------
> Shrimp Alfredo
>
> pack of shrimp
> jar of alfredo sauce
> noodles, of your choice
>
> Directions: cook your shrimp until it is fully cooked, like regulary.
> boil some water for your noodles. once your noodles are done as well as
> your shrimp, mix it all together in a big bowl. warm up the alfredo for
> thirty seconds and pour it over the meal. your now ready to enjoy.'
> --------------------

<who should have snipped this, but enjoyed the laugh>
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> Chatty Cathy > :
>
>> <who should have snipped this, but enjoyed the laugh>

> It's a joke, right?

LOL. Gawd, I hope so... but considering that Felice has a good sense of
humor, I believe so

Maybe we should vote on it? Something along the lines of.... <changed my
mind - not gonna give anything away>
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chatty Cathy wrote:
> Felice Friese wrote:
> > I'm not trying to start another Alfredo thread, but ...

> Of course not! LOL
> >
> > ---------------------
> > Shrimp Alfredo
> >
> > pack of shrimp
> > jar of alfredo sauce
> > noodles, of your choice
> >
> > Directions: cook your shrimp until it is fully cooked, like regulary.
> > boil some water for your noodles. once your noodles are done as well as
> > your shrimp, mix it all together in a big bowl. warm up the alfredo for
> > thirty seconds and pour it over the meal. your now ready to enjoy.'
> > --------------------

> <who should have snipped this, but enjoyed the laugh>
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

> Hey, speaking of polls. Can you set up a write in poll? I've got an idea
> for one that you might like.

Thanks Michael. (Have emailed you about this).

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Felice Friese" > wrote in message
. ..
> I'm not trying to start another Alfredo thread, but ...
>
> ---------------------
> Shrimp Alfredo
>
> pack of shrimp

Preferably canned bay shrimp

> jar of alfredo sauce

you forget the cream of mushroom soup

> noodles, of your choice

Boiled for 30 minutes, rinsed and tossed with salad oil.

What no Kraft parmesan cheese?

Variation Alfredo-Scampi - add 1 tablespoon of garlic salt.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> Sorry, I had already deleted the posts where you two were wondering if
> this was a real post or not. God help us all ... it was!

O.M.G. it *was* <gasp>. Yet another reason not to read r.f.recipes.....

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:
> "Felice Friese" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> I'm not trying to start another Alfredo thread, but ...
>>
>> ---------------------
>> Shrimp Alfredo
>>
>> pack of shrimp

> Preferably canned bay shrimp

Oh, it has to be canned! Preferably a cheap, store brand, too.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chatty Cathy wrote:
> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>

> > Sorry, I had already deleted the posts where you two were wondering if
> > this was a real post or not. God help us all ... it was!

> O.M.G. it *was* <gasp>. Yet another reason not to read r.f.recipes.....
>
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

My first reaction was "That's a recipe?" <sigh>
I have not found a jarred alfredo sauce I like and I've decided that
was a good thing as far as my waist is concerned.

Heidi

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
6.121...
> Chatty Cathy > :
>
>> <who should have snipped this, but enjoyed the laugh>

> It's a joke, right?
>
> Michael
> --
> "I come from a family where gravy is considered a beverage."
> - Erma Bombeck

The joke is on the people this is served to! Did you love the bit about
heating the sauce for 30 seconds? And a-one, and a-two, and a-three ... .

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Felice Friese" > wrote

> "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote

>> Chatty Cathy >
>> :
>>
>>> <who should have snipped this, but enjoyed the laugh>

>> It's a joke, right?

> The joke is on the people this is served to! Did you love the bit about
> heating the sauce for 30 seconds? And a-one, and a-two, and a-three ...

I think I saw that recipe on Semi-homemade with Sandra Lee.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> "Felice Friese" > wrote
>
> > "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote

> >> Chatty Cathy >
> >> :

> >> It's a joke, right?

> > The joke is on the people this is served to! Did you love the bit about
> > heating the sauce for 30 seconds? And a-one, and a-two, and a-three ...

> I think I saw that recipe on Semi-homemade with Sandra Lee.

I think that Jimmy Tango should have a show...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Heidi wrote:
> Chatty Cathy wrote:
>> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>>

>>> Sorry, I had already deleted the posts where you two were wondering
>>> if this was a real post or not. God help us all ... it was!

>> O.M.G. it *was* <gasp>. Yet another reason not to read
>> r.f.recipes.....
>>
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Chatty Cathy

> My first reaction was "That's a recipe?" <sigh>
> I have not found a jarred alfredo sauce I like and I've decided that
> was a good thing as far as my waist is concerned.
>
> Heidi

I've tried the ragu jarred sauce; it had the taste and consistency of
plastic. I ended up having to smooth it out with cream, butter and parmesan
cheese to make it palatable. Ugh! I'll stick with homemade, thanks.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> Felice Friese wrote:
>
>> I'm not trying to start another Alfredo thread, but ...
>>
>> ---------------------
>> Shrimp Alfredo
>>
>> pack of shrimp
>> jar of alfredo sauce
>> noodles, of your choice
>>
>> Directions: cook your shrimp until it is fully cooked, like regulary.
>> boil some water for your noodles. once your noodles are done as well
>> as your shrimp, mix it all together in a big bowl. warm up the
>> alfredo for thirty seconds and pour it over the meal. your now ready
>> to enjoy.'

> I am sure you are teasing us, but I will bite. If you have to use
> bottled. "Alfreo" I wouldn't boil the shrimp and stir it into the
> sauce. I would opt to do something a little more exciting with the
> shrimp. That could be baking them in a garlic butter or perhaps
> sautéing in the same and then serving them on top of the "Alfredo" .
> Don't forget some fresh parsley to at least make it look real.

Based upon the given "recipe", can't we use silk parsley? I think it would
all taste the same anyway.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, "Felice Friese" > said:
> "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
> 6.121...
> > Chatty Cathy > :

> >> <who should have snipped this, but enjoyed the laugh>

> > It's a joke, right?

> The joke is on the people this is served to! Did you love the bit about
> heating the sauce for 30 seconds? And a-one, and a-two, and a-three ... .

Did you really find this posted in r.f.r, Felice? If so, I feel
sorry for readers of that group...

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, "Gregory Morrow" <gregorymorrowONACLEARDAYYOUCANSEEALOAFHEAD@earthl ink.net> said:
> Nancy Young wrote:
> > "Felice Friese" > wrote
> > > "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote

> > > The joke is on the people this is served to! Did you love the bit about
> > > heating the sauce for 30 seconds? And a-one, and a-two, and a-three ...

> > I think I saw that recipe on Semi-homemade with Sandra Lee.

> I think that Jimmy Tango should have a show...

LOL! I think Jimmy has stock in some "cream of" soup
concern...

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 23:25:03 GMT, unge (Little
Malice) wrote:

>Did you really find this posted in r.f.r, Felice? If so, I feel
>sorry for readers of that group.

Yeah, she did. I looked it up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Little Malice" > wrote in message
> One time on Usenet, "Felice Friese" > said:
>> "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
>> 6.121...
>> > Chatty Cathy >
>> > :

>> > It's a joke, right?

>> The joke is on the people this is served to! Did you love the bit about
>> heating the sauce for 30 seconds? And a-one, and a-two, and a-three ... .

> Did you really find this posted in r.f.r, Felice? If so, I feel
> sorry for readers of that group...
> --
> "Little Malice" is Jani in WA
> ~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

So help me, that's where I found it. My reaction when I read it was "And
this is a moderated group? Someone should have moderated that recipe right
into the delete file."

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message

Felice Friese wrote:

> I'm not trying to start another Alfredo thread, but ...
> ---------------------
> Shrimp Alfredo
>
> pack of shrimp
> jar of alfredo sauce
> noodles, of your choice
>
> Directions: cook your shrimp until it is fully cooked, like regulary.
> boil some water for your noodles. once your noodles are done as well as
> your shrimp, mix it all together in a big bowl. warm up the alfredo for
> thirty seconds and pour it over the meal. your now ready to enjoy.'

I am sure you are teasing us, but I will bite. If you have to use bottled.
"Alfreo" I wouldn't boil the shrimp and stir it into the sauce. I would
opt to do something a little more exciting with the shrimp. That could be
baking them in a garlic butter or perhaps sautéing in the same and then
serving them on top of the "Alfredo" . Don't forget some fresh parsley to
at least make it look real.

Hah! You bit!

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Damsel in dis Dress > said:
> On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 23:25:03 GMT, unge (Little
> Malice) wrote:

> >Did you really find this posted in r.f.r, Felice? If so, I feel
> >sorry for readers of that group.

> Yeah, she did. I looked it up.

OMG, that's just awful!! Sure, there's nothing wrong with
convenience foods once in a while, I even like "cream of"
soups for some things. But what Felice quoted was not a
what I would call a recipe! It's not even a method, IMO.

Now, this is a recipe, and yes, I've posted it before.
My family and friends love this stuff -- I'm making it
at Sibling's house this weekend (to be served with venison
steaks, yum!):

Fettucini Con Crema - Jani

1/2 C. butter (not margarine)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 t. black pepper
1/2 T. fresh or 1/2 tsp. dried sweet basil
1/2 C. flour
2 C. parmesan cheese, grated
16 oz. whipping cream
16 oz. "half & half"
12 oz. wide fettucini noodles, cooked

Gently heat cream and "half & half" in saucepan over medium heat.

In large kettle, melt butter, add garlic and sauté until soft. Add
flour and spices; mix well and cook until sauce starts to bubble
and thicken. Add cheese in 3 sections, mixing until melted between
each. Slowly add cream mixture, stirring constantly, until sauce is
thick and bubbly. Toss with hot fettucini.

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, "Felice Friese" > said:
> "Little Malice" > wrote in message
> > One time on Usenet, "Felice Friese" > said:
> >> "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
> >> 6.121...

> >> The joke is on the people this is served to! Did you love the bit about
> >> heating the sauce for 30 seconds? And a-one, and a-two, and a-three ... .

> > Did you really find this posted in r.f.r, Felice? If so, I feel
> > sorry for readers of that group...

> So help me, that's where I found it. My reaction when I read it was "And
> this is a moderated group? Someone should have moderated that recipe right
> into the delete file."

I agree completely -- no wonder Andy was griping about that group
last week...

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Felice Friese wrote:

> I'm not trying to start another Alfredo thread, but ...
>
> ---------------------
> Shrimp Alfredo
>
> pack of shrimp
> jar of alfredo sauce
> noodles, of your choice
>
> Directions: cook your shrimp until it is fully cooked, like regulary.
> boil some water for your noodles. once your noodles are done as well as
> your shrimp, mix it all together in a big bowl. warm up the alfredo for
> thirty seconds and pour it over the meal. your now ready to enjoy.'

I am sure you are teasing us, but I will bite. If you have to use bottled.
"Alfreo" I wouldn't boil the shrimp and stir it into the sauce. I would
opt to do something a little more exciting with the shrimp. That could be
baking them in a garlic butter or perhaps sautéing in the same and then
serving them on top of the "Alfredo" . Don't forget some fresh parsley to
at least make it look real.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Little Malice" > wrote in message

<cutting to the chase>
> Now, this is a recipe, and yes, I've posted it before.
> My family and friends love this stuff -- I'm making it
> at Sibling's house this weekend (to be served with venison
> steaks, yum!):
>
> Fettucini Con Crema - Jani
>
> 1/2 C. butter (not margarine)
> 3 cloves garlic, minced
> 1/2 t. black pepper
> 1/2 T. fresh or 1/2 tsp. dried sweet basil
> 1/2 C. flour
> 2 C. parmesan cheese, grated
> 16 oz. whipping cream
> 16 oz. "half & half"
> 12 oz. wide fettucini noodles, cooked
>
> Gently heat cream and "half & half" in saucepan over medium heat.
>
> In large kettle, melt butter, add garlic and sauté until soft. Add
> flour and spices; mix well and cook until sauce starts to bubble
> and thicken. Add cheese in 3 sections, mixing until melted between
> each. Slowly add cream mixture, stirring constantly, until sauce is
> thick and bubbly. Toss with hot fettucini.
> --
> "Little Malice" is Jani in WA
> ~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

Hot damn! Gotta love anything that starts with butter and goes on to
whipping cream and half & half. Let the lipids flow!

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, "Felice Friese" > said:
> "Little Malice" > wrote in message

> <cutting to the chase>
> > Now, this is a recipe, and yes, I've posted it before.
> > My family and friends love this stuff -- I'm making it
> > at Sibling's house this weekend (to be served with venison
> > steaks, yum!):
> >
> > Fettucini Con Crema - Jani
> >
> > 1/2 C. butter (not margarine)

<snip>

> Hot damn! Gotta love anything that starts with butter and goes on to
> whipping cream and half & half. Let the lipids flow!

Heh! As you can imagine, I don't make it often. But it's soooo good! I
gotta remember to refill my Lovastatin prescription... ;-)

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~