Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default addicted to this salad

This salad is delicious:
raw cauliflower
crumled bacon
small dices of cheddar
sweet onion (chopped small)
red grapes (halved)
handful of peas
--------------------------
Dressing - mayo with a little sugar

Wicked tasty!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 26 Sep 2006 20:46:49 -0700, "mom0f4boys" > wrote:

>This salad is delicious:
>raw cauliflower
>crumled bacon
>small dices of cheddar
>sweet onion (chopped small)
>red grapes (halved)
>handful of peas
>--------------------------
>Dressing - mayo with a little sugar
>
>Wicked tasty!

I like a version of this with raisins in place of grapes. It is so
good -- crunchy, chewy, sweet, salty.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tara wrote:
> On 26 Sep 2006 20:46:49 -0700, "mom0f4boys" > wrote:
>
> >This salad is delicious:
> >raw cauliflower
> >crumled bacon
> >small dices of cheddar
> >sweet onion (chopped small)
> >red grapes (halved)
> >handful of peas
> >--------------------------
> >Dressing - mayo with a little sugar
> >
> >Wicked tasty!

> I like a version of this with raisins in place of grapes. It is so
> good -- crunchy, chewy, sweet, salty.
>
> Tara

Sounds like a cousin to my Grandma's cold pea salad.......can of cold
sweet peas (the tiny kind), diced sweet onion and celery, small cubes
of sharp cheddar, dressed with mayo, sugar, and a bit of vinegar.
Sometimes she added bacon, sometimes there was brtoccoli in it. Never
tried it with califlower, adn nos weet element. I wonder if the
califlower wqould be good blanched, to soften it a little? half
blanched cauliflower and half blanched broccoli, perhaps?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tara wrote:
> On 26 Sep 2006 20:46:49 -0700, "mom0f4boys" > wrote:
>
> >This salad is delicious:
> >raw cauliflower
> >crumled bacon
> >small dices of cheddar
> >sweet onion (chopped small)
> >red grapes (halved)
> >handful of peas
> >--------------------------
> >Dressing - mayo with a little sugar
> >
> >Wicked tasty!

> I like a version of this with raisins in place of grapes. It is so
> good -- crunchy, chewy, sweet, salty.

Needs sunflower seeds.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> Tara wrote:
>> On 26 Sep 2006 20:46:49 -0700, "mom0f4boys" > wrote:
>>
>>> This salad is delicious:
>>> raw cauliflower
>>> crumled bacon
>>> small dices of cheddar
>>> sweet onion (chopped small)
>>> red grapes (halved)
>>> handful of peas
>>> --------------------------
>>> Dressing - mayo with a little sugar
>>>
>>> Wicked tasty!

>> I like a version of this with raisins in place of grapes. It is so
>> good -- crunchy, chewy, sweet, salty.

> Needs sunflower seeds.
>
> Sheldon

I NEVER use more than a tablespoon or two of sugar in this, even though
the recipe calls for some obscene amount. It is a great salad, always
well enjoyed.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Elizabeth Burris's Broccoli Salad

Recipe By :Nathalie Dupree Cooks for Family and Friends
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Salads Vegetables

1 1/2 pounds broccoli
1/2 red onion -- chopped
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/4 cup sugar -- optional
1/2 pound bacon -- cooked and crumbled

Clean and cut the broccoli into small pieces, using all the broccoli
except the end chunks. Mix together the broccoli, onion, sunflower
seeds, raisins and mushrooms. Make the dressing combining the mayo,
vinegar and sugar. Twenty minutes before serving, toss the salad with
the bacon and dressing.