Yoni

Default I think I'm addicted to coffee

I always get in arguments with people about whether or not coffee is bad for
you. Some people are like "coffee is totally bad for you" and I'm like "no
it's not, man, it's like totally fine". Are either of these arguments
justifiable, in light of modern nutritional science? I don't want to give
up coffee, but I will if it's killing me slowly.

John

In article >, "Yoni"
> wrote:

> I always get in arguments with people about whether or not coffee is bad for
> you. Some people are like "coffee is totally bad for you" and I'm like "no
> it's not, man, it's like totally fine". Are either of these arguments
> justifiable, in light of modern nutritional science? I don't want to give
> up coffee, but I will if it's killing me slowly.

Nothing I have seen says that coffee is harmful to you.... To a very small
percentage who may have issues with their heart and need to stay away from
stimulants it's as I understand it not even a big issue for them.

You can find arguments both ways about just about anything... One Study
says it's great for this or that, another says it's the worst thing since
WWII LOL depends on who did the study (or rather who paid for the study) as
to what the results are of the study.

Enjoy your coffee, it's certainly safer than cigarettes :-)

John

http://www.coffeecaffeine.com
Producers of Cheap Trick Drummer Bun E Carlos's Coffee
http://www.bunecarlosblend.com
no chance

Well of course it is bad for you! It tastes nice ergo it cannot be good
for you. Having said this....

I drink quite a lot of expresso variants and am chemically addicted to
it. I get splitting head-aches if I don't get a big mug before noon. If
I drink it on an empty stomach I get stomach cramps and if I drink too
much I feel dizzy and unsafe to operate heavy machinery like a stapler
or pencil.
Having said all this it should be noted that excess of anything is bad
and will probably kill you. Someone died in Europe from drinking too
much water recently. No they didn't drown, it was water poisoning.
Apparently it messes with the electrolyte balance in your body.
Finally, I wouldn't drink coffee it if I didn't enjoy it lots. It
doesn't upset others, or make me antisocial, unless my twitching causes
offense.

BTW. do you really like totally talk like that? I mean with the like
totally liberal sprinkling or "like" and "totally" like in totally every
sentence. Please don't take offense or get me wrong I actually think it
sounds very cool and am simply jealous that I sound like such an old
fart all the time.

Yoni wrote:
> I always get in arguments with people about whether or not coffee is bad for
> you. Some people are like "coffee is totally bad for you" and I'm like "no
> it's not, man, it's like totally fine". Are either of these arguments
> justifiable, in light of modern nutritional science? I don't want to give
> up coffee, but I will if it's killing me slowly.

Roger Houston

"Yoni" > wrote in message
>I always get in arguments with people about whether or not coffee is bad
>for you. Some people are like "coffee is totally bad for you" and I'm like
>"no it's not, man, it's like totally fine". Are either of these arguments
>justifiable, in light of modern nutritional science?

Totally.

Johannes Tigges

Roger Houston wrote:
> "Yoni" > wrote in message
>
>>I always get in arguments with people about whether or not coffee is bad
>>for you. Some people are like "coffee is totally bad for you" and I'm like
>>"no it's not, man, it's like totally fine". Are either of these arguments
>>justifiable, in light of modern nutritional science?

> Totally.

I read something that coffee can cause addiction. My father prooved that
theory right. I trink some amount coffee as well, I drank lots more some
time ago, and I'm not addicted.
If you have no heart problems, high blood presure or other issues, I
find no reason to stop drining enormous amounts of coffee
--Joti