Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default TGIFridays needs to open a life insurance office in their foyer

Saw a commercial last night for TGI Friday's.......NEW MENU.....you name it,
they fry it... Fried Green Beans, Fried Mac -n- Cheese. A few other items
(asparagus I think was also included) were touted as a 'healthy
alternative'...all deep fried. My question is this? Do they have a waiver
in the foyer or do they want you to name them beneficiary of your life
insurance police when you gork out due to clogged arteries?
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 15:21:03 -0400, "Virginia Tadrzynski"
> wrote:

>Saw a commercial last night for TGI Friday's.......

I remember seeing FF beans but it was a print ad, not a tv commercial
and didn't remember that it was TGI Friday's. The beans did look
good, just a little flakey batter on them and lots of bean showing
through. They probably don't come that way in real life though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
> Saw a commercial last night for TGI Friday's.......NEW MENU.....you name it,
> they fry it... Fried Green Beans, Fried Mac -n- Cheese. A few other items
> (asparagus I think was also included) were touted as a 'healthy
> alternative'...all deep fried. My question is this? Do they have a waiver
> in the foyer or do they want you to name them beneficiary of your life
> insurance police when you gork out due to clogged arteries?

SHE'S not ready!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 24 Sep 2006 12:21:03p, Virginia Tadrzynski meant to
say...

> Saw a commercial last night for TGI Friday's.......NEW MENU.....you name
> it, they fry it... Fried Green Beans, Fried Mac -n- Cheese. A few
> other items (asparagus I think was also included) were touted as a
> 'healthy alternative'...all deep fried. My question is this? Do they
> have a waiver in the foyer or do they want you to name them beneficiary
> of your life insurance police when you gork out due to clogged arteries?
> -ginny

They include coupons for discount bypass surgery.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Recent polls reveal that some people have never
been polled. Until recently. --George Carlin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 24 Sep 2006 02:20:11p, sf meant to say...

> On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 15:21:03 -0400, "Virginia Tadrzynski"
> > wrote:
>
>>Saw a commercial last night for TGI Friday's.......

> I remember seeing FF beans but it was a print ad, not a tv commercial
> and didn't remember that it was TGI Friday's. The beans did look
> good, just a little flakey batter on them and lots of bean showing
> through. They probably don't come that way in real life though.

I think I mentioned it before, but green beans are a common vegetable in many
Japanese restaurants to be used fried in tempura batter. Very tasty.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Recent polls reveal that some people have never
been polled. Until recently. --George Carlin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> They include coupons for discount bypass surgery.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright
>
> Recent polls reveal that some people have never
> been polled. Until recently. --George Carlin

Reminds me of a cookbook I saw years ago called "The Bad For You
Cookbook"; My favorate chapter was "If it can be poached, It can be
fried".

...fred

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 25 Sep 2006 01:55:32 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
<wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>I think I mentioned it before, but green beans are a common vegetable in many
>Japanese restaurants to be used fried in tempura batter. Very tasty.

I think I've had tempura green beans in the past, but my favorite
place does a medley of sweet potato, broccoli and prawns in the combo
dish I usually order.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
> Saw a commercial last night for TGI Friday's.......NEW MENU.....you
> name it, they fry it... Fried Green Beans, Fried Mac -n- Cheese. A
> few other items (asparagus I think was also included) were touted as
> a 'healthy alternative'...all deep fried. My question is this? Do
> they have a waiver in the foyer or do they want you to name them
> beneficiary of your life insurance police when you gork out due to
> clogged arteries? -ginny

I saw the ad mentioning fried mac & cheese. Why on earth would anyone want
to do that to an already fattening (but oh so tasty!) dish?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 24 Sep 2006 05:13:21p, sf meant to say...

> On 25 Sep 2006 01:55:32 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
> <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>I think I mentioned it before, but green beans are a common vegetable in
>>many Japanese restaurants to be used fried in tempura batter. Very
>>tasty.

> I think I've had tempura green beans in the past, but my favorite
> place does a medley of sweet potato, broccoli and prawns in the combo
> dish I usually order.

That's a favorite combo of mine, too, but they added green beans to the mix.
You might suggest it sometime.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Recent polls reveal that some people have never
been polled. Until recently. --George Carlin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 24 Sep 2006 17:02:58 -0700, "kuvasz guy" > wrote:

>My favorate chapter was "If it can be poached, It can be fried".

LOLOL That title is sooo funny! What were some of the recipes?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-09-24, Virginia Tadrzynski > wrote:
> Saw a commercial last night for TGI Friday's.......NEW MENU.....you name it,
> they fry it... Fried Green Beans, Fried Mac -n- Cheese. A few other items

Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Moe redoes his bar into Uncle
Moe's Family Feedbag and buys a deep fryer off the USS Missouri
that'll "flash-fry a buffalo in forty seconds." Later, Moe serves a
customer and the whole order, including drink, dishes, and serving
tray, have been batter-dipped and deep-fried into a single unit. This
subplot was a direct satire of chains like Bennigan's, Fuddrucker's,
and TGIFridays. I'm no food snob, but I've never understood the
attraction of these places. I've been to Bennigan's and TGIF exactly
once each. They were dreadful, both in dining experience and food
quality.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
>
>>Saw a commercial last night for TGI Friday's.......NEW MENU.....you
>>name it, they fry it... Fried Green Beans, Fried Mac -n- Cheese. A
>>few other items (asparagus I think was also included) were touted as
>>a 'healthy alternative'...all deep fried. My question is this? Do
>>they have a waiver in the foyer or do they want you to name them
>>beneficiary of your life insurance police when you gork out due to
>>clogged arteries? -ginny

> I saw the ad mentioning fried mac & cheese. Why on earth would anyone want
> to do that to an already fattening (but oh so tasty!) dish?

Because it doesn't deviate much from their industrial restaurant with
mediocre food menu.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> On 2006-09-24, Virginia Tadrzynski > wrote:
>
>>Saw a commercial last night for TGI Friday's.......NEW MENU.....you name it,
>>they fry it... Fried Green Beans, Fried Mac -n- Cheese. A few other items

> Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Moe redoes his bar into Uncle
> Moe's Family Feedbag and buys a deep fryer off the USS Missouri
> that'll "flash-fry a buffalo in forty seconds." Later, Moe serves a
> customer and the whole order, including drink, dishes, and serving
> tray, have been batter-dipped and deep-fried into a single unit. This
> subplot was a direct satire of chains like Bennigan's, Fuddrucker's,
> and TGIFridays. I'm no food snob, but I've never understood the
> attraction of these places. I've been to Bennigan's and TGIF exactly
> once each. They were dreadful, both in dining experience and food
> quality.
>
> nb

Yes, I totally agree. The only time I go to those places is because of a
friend who thinks neighorbood restaurants that make non-industrial food
might be "dirty" and the #7 with sugar/salt sauce with no other
noticible flavor is always available.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> On 2006-09-24, Virginia Tadrzynski > wrote:
>> name it, they fry it... Fried Green Beans, Fried Mac -n- Cheese. A
>> few other items

> subplot was a direct satire of chains like Bennigan's, Fuddrucker's,
> and TGIFridays. I'm no food snob, but I've never understood the
> attraction of these places. I've been to Bennigan's and TGIF exactly
> once each. They were dreadful, both in dining experience and food
> quality.
>
> nb

I agree. The only time I've gone to Bennigan's was to meet co-workers for
drinks and appetizers after work (it didn't hurt that our then I.T. Director
was picking up the tab!) I went to TGIF once; it struck me as more of a
yuppie bar-setting than a restaurant. Most of the people in the place were
at least a decade younger than my friend and me and this was over a decade
ago We just had a drink and went in search of a real restaurant.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
> > Saw a commercial last night for TGI Friday's.......NEW MENU.....you
> > name it, they fry it... Fried Green Beans, Fried Mac -n- Cheese. A
> > few other items (asparagus I think was also included) were touted as
> > a 'healthy alternative'...all deep fried. My question is this? Do
> > they have a waiver in the foyer or do they want you to name them
> > beneficiary of your life insurance police when you gork out due to
> > clogged arteries? -ginny

> I saw the ad mentioning fried mac & cheese. Why on earth would anyone want
> to do that to an already fattening (but oh so tasty!) dish?

They make it at TRhe Cheesecake factory as well. My daughter loves
them. they takle the mac & cheese, form balls, and roll them in
breadcrumbs, then fry. Crispy on the outside, cheesy and gooey on the
inside. She's tiny, she can handle the fat and calories. (Me, I stick
to their artichokes.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:

> Saw a commercial last night for TGI Friday's.......NEW MENU.....you name it,
> they fry it... Fried Green Beans, Fried Mac -n- Cheese. A few other items
> (asparagus I think was also included) were touted as a 'healthy
> alternative'...all deep fried. My question is this? Do they have a waiver
> in the foyer or do they want you to name them beneficiary of your life
> insurance police when you gork out due to clogged arteries?
> -ginny

Hey, I don't care about the fat. I care about the fact
that I can't go into a TGI Friday's anymore because the smoke
is so bad. Many years ago it wasn't too awful, but the last
time I tried to go on a busy Sat. afternoon I couldn't even
get past the foyer without a gas mask. Had to turn around
and leave. Sigh. They have this dessert I really love.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kate Connally wrote:
> Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
>>
>> Saw a commercial last night for TGI Friday's.......NEW MENU.....you
>> name it, they fry it... Fried Green Beans, Fried Mac -n- Cheese. A
>> few other items (asparagus I think was also included) were touted as
>> a 'healthy alternative'...all deep fried. My question is this? Do
>> they have a waiver in the foyer or do they want you to name them
>> beneficiary of your life insurance police when you gork out due to
>> clogged arteries? -ginny

> Hey, I don't care about the fat. I care about the fact
> that I can't go into a TGI Friday's anymore because the smoke
> is so bad. Many years ago it wasn't too awful, but the last
> time I tried to go on a busy Sat. afternoon I couldn't even
> get past the foyer without a gas mask. Had to turn around
> and leave. Sigh. They have this dessert I really love.
>
> Kate

Is TGI Friday's one of those restaurants with a pick-up area? You know,
where you park outside and an employee brings it out a side door to your
car? Maybe you could still get the dessert you love that way. Or just call
and pick it up at the host/hostess stand so you wouldn't be in there more
than a few minutes.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Kate Connally wrote:
> > Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
> >>
> >> Saw a commercial last night for TGI Friday's.......NEW MENU.....you
> >> name it, they fry it... Fried Green Beans, Fried Mac -n- Cheese. A
> >> few other items (asparagus I think was also included) were touted as
> >> a 'healthy alternative'...all deep fried. My question is this? Do
> >> they have a waiver in the foyer or do they want you to name them
> >> beneficiary of your life insurance police when you gork out due to
> >> clogged arteries? -ginny

> > Hey, I don't care about the fat. I care about the fact
> > that I can't go into a TGI Friday's anymore because the smoke
> > is so bad. Many years ago it wasn't too awful, but the last
> > time I tried to go on a busy Sat. afternoon I couldn't even
> > get past the foyer without a gas mask. Had to turn around
> > and leave. Sigh. They have this dessert I really love.
> >
> > Kate

> Is TGI Friday's one of those restaurants with a pick-up area? You know,
> where you park outside and an employee brings it out a side door to your
> car? Maybe you could still get the dessert you love that way. Or just call
> and pick it up at the host/hostess stand so you wouldn't be in there more
> than a few minutes.
>
> Jill

They probably do that now, everyone does.

Kate