Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default REC: Tandoori Style Grilled Chicken

I found this recipe from Gourmet magazine... and I made it yesterday for
a dinner party.

It was great! Low carb and low fat. Everyone should be happy, but the
chicken.

Jennifer

TANDOORI-STYLE GRILLED CHICKEN
This recipe adapts traditional Indian tandoori cooking for a barbecue.
The chicken needs to marinate overnight, so start this one day ahead.

2 cups plain whole-milk yogurt
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon saffron threads, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
8 skinless leg-thigh chicken pieces

1 small red onion, thinly sliced crosswise, separated into rings
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Blend 1 cup yogurt and next 10 ingredients in processor until smooth.
Transfer to large bowl. Mix in remaining 1 cup yogurt. Add chicken and
turn to coat.

Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Place marinade-coated chicken on
barbecue. Grill chicken until just cooked through, about 12 minutes per
side. Transfer chicken to platter. Top with onion and cilantro and serve.

Makes 8 servings.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Tandoori Style Grilled Chicken

Jennifer wrote:
> I found this recipe from Gourmet magazine... and I made
> it yesterday for a dinner party.
>
> It was great! Low carb and low fat. Everyone should be
> happy, but the chicken.
>
> Jennifer
>

> TANDOORI-STYLE GRILLED CHICKEN
> This recipe adapts traditional Indian tandoori cooking
> for a barbecue. The chicken needs to marinate overnight,
> so start this one day ahead.
>
> 2 cups plain whole-milk yogurt
> 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
> 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
> 4 garlic cloves, minced
> 1 teaspoon salt
> 1 teaspoon ground coriander
> 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
> 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads, crumbled
> 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
> 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
> 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
> 8 skinless leg-thigh chicken pieces
>
> 1 small red onion, thinly sliced crosswise, separated
> into rings 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
>
> Blend 1 cup yogurt and next 10 ingredients in processor
> until smooth. Transfer to large bowl. Mix in remaining 1
> cup yogurt. Add chicken and turn to coat.
>
> Cover and refrigerate overnight.
>
> Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Place marinade-
> coated chicken on barbecue. Grill chicken until just
> cooked through, about 12 minutes per side. Transfer
> chicken to platter. Top with onion and cilantro and
> serve.
>
> Makes 8 servings.

I'm coming to your next dinner party. That looks delicious.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh