Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Default No sugar-free Gatorade. Suppose they might make it if enough of us asked?

I just now contacted the company that makes Gatorade, suggesting that
as prevalent as diabetes is becoming, that they are missing out on a
very large and lucrative market by not making a sugar-free version of
Gatorade. Perhaps if enough others of us do so, we might get a useful
result.

http://www.gatorade.com/contact_us/

I also pointed out an alarming and dangerous claim on their FAQ at
http://www.gatorade.com/frequently_asked_questions/

> Can diabetics drink Gatorade?
>
> Yes, diabetics can actually benefit from Gatorade.
> Physically active diabetics who require periodic
> intake of carbohydrate to prevent hypoglycemia
> from occurring during and following activity should
> consume carbs during exercise.
>
> Also, people with diabetes are prone to dehydration
> by way of their increased urine output, and Gatorade
> can help in that regard as well. People with diabetes
> should always consult a physician before making any
> change in dietary intake.

I pointed out to them that anything that contains as much sugar as
Gatorade does can be dangerous to any diabetic who consumes it
carelessly; and that I thought it was dangerous and irresponsible for
them to make this claim on their FAQ.

I didn't think to point out (perhaps some others of you will) that the
increased urine output mentioned in this FAQ entry is a result of a
diabetic's body desperately trying to get rid of excess sugar, and that
drinking a sugary beverage such as Gatorade is likely to aggravate
rather than relieve that problem.

--
"Today, we celebrate the first glorious anniversary of the Information
Purification Directives. ... Our Unification of Thoughts is more powerful
Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Gatorade is lower in carbs than sodas and soft drinks. 8oz has 14g of
carbs as opposed to 8oz of Coke which has 24g.

I dilute it by half with water when I'm sick and can't eat... so for
every 16oz I drink I'm getting 7g of carbs... and since i'm not eating,
it works for me.

I keep the powdered form around for just that reason.

I think of it more in a medicinal way than a drink I would have on a
daily basis, so I never worried about a sugar free version.

There are sugar free sports drinks out there if that's what you're
looking for. Like:
http://www.quixtar.com/products/prod...?itemno=705757

Jennifer

Bob Blaylock wrote:
> I just now contacted the company that makes Gatorade, suggesting that
> as prevalent as diabetes is becoming, that they are missing out on a
> very large and lucrative market by not making a sugar-free version of
> Gatorade. Perhaps if enough others of us do so, we might get a useful
> result.
>
> http://www.gatorade.com/contact_us/
>

> I also pointed out an alarming and dangerous claim on their FAQ at
> http://www.gatorade.com/frequently_asked_questions/
>

>>Can diabetics drink Gatorade?
>>
>> Yes, diabetics can actually benefit from Gatorade.
>> Physically active diabetics who require periodic
>> intake of carbohydrate to prevent hypoglycemia
>> from occurring during and following activity should
>> consume carbs during exercise.
>>
>> Also, people with diabetes are prone to dehydration
>> by way of their increased urine output, and Gatorade
>> can help in that regard as well. People with diabetes
>> should always consult a physician before making any
>> change in dietary intake.

> I pointed out to them that anything that contains as much sugar as
> Gatorade does can be dangerous to any diabetic who consumes it
> carelessly; and that I thought it was dangerous and irresponsible for
> them to make this claim on their FAQ.
>
> I didn't think to point out (perhaps some others of you will) that the
> increased urine output mentioned in this FAQ entry is a result of a
> diabetic's body desperately trying to get rid of excess sugar, and that
> drinking a sugary beverage such as Gatorade is likely to aggravate
> rather than relieve that problem.

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
ray ray is offline

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 19:58:43 -0700, Bob Blaylock wrote:

> I just now contacted the company that makes Gatorade, suggesting that
> as prevalent as diabetes is becoming, that they are missing out on a
> very large and lucrative market by not making a sugar-free version of
> Gatorade. Perhaps if enough others of us do so, we might get a useful
> result.
>
> http://www.gatorade.com/contact_us/

I also inquired some time ago about a low carb or at least sugar free
version of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk and got a negative
response.

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
RB RB is offline

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 19:58:43 -0700, Bob Blaylock
> wrote:

> I just now contacted the company that makes Gatorade, suggesting that
>as prevalent as diabetes is becoming, that they are missing out on a
>very large and lucrative market by not making a sugar-free version of
>Gatorade. Perhaps if enough others of us do so, we might get a useful
>result.

In case you don't know the competing company has launched a low carb
sports drink. It has 2 grams of carb per 8oz. Look for Powerade
Option if you care. I didn't like it to much.

RB
Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Jennifer wrote:
> Gatorade is lower in carbs than sodas and soft drinks. 8oz has 14g of
> carbs as opposed to 8oz of Coke which has 24g.
>
> I dilute it by half with water when I'm sick and can't eat... so for
> every 16oz I drink I'm getting 7g of carbs... and since i'm not
> eating, it works for me.

Under the circumstances where you need Gatorade, a few fast-acting calories
are often a good idea.

> I keep the powdered form around for just that reason.
>
> I think of it more in a medicinal way than a drink I would have on a
> daily basis, so I never worried about a sugar free version.

I've helped at lots of athletic events where it was used half strength
during light exertion, and full-strength for the electrolyted depleted
beggars coming off the field. If the full-strength tasted good instead of
amazingly vile, then they obviously needed it.

Mind you, way back in the day, we also made "Reagent Orange": that's
Gatorade made with vodka, to reduce the hangover by replenishing your
electrolytes. We also stayed up until 4 AM singing "Moose, Moose, I love a
Moose" (If you were at the Pennsic War that year, that was us.)

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

"Bob Blaylock" > wrote in message
> I just now contacted the company that makes Gatorade, suggesting that
> as prevalent as diabetes is becoming, that they are missing out on a
> very large and lucrative market by not making a sugar-free version of
> Gatorade. Perhaps if enough others of us do so, we might get a useful
> result.
>
> http://www.gatorade.com/contact_us/

I have no need for Gatorade. It's basically sweetened salt water with
flavoring. It's very high in sodium. But if you want something like this,
there are sugar free versions already on the market.

> I also pointed out an alarming and dangerous claim on their FAQ at
> http://www.gatorade.com/frequently_asked_questions/
>
> > Can diabetics drink Gatorade?
> >
> > Yes, diabetics can actually benefit from Gatorade.
> > Physically active diabetics who require periodic
> > intake of carbohydrate to prevent hypoglycemia
> > from occurring during and following activity should
> > consume carbs during exercise.

This could be true. Depends on the person and how likely they are to have a
hypo. And technically diabetics can eat or drink anything.

> > Also, people with diabetes are prone to dehydration
> > by way of their increased urine output, and Gatorade
> > can help in that regard as well. People with diabetes
> > should always consult a physician before making any
> > change in dietary intake.

Well... They do tell you to consult your Dr.

> I pointed out to them that anything that contains as much sugar as
> Gatorade does can be dangerous to any diabetic who consumes it
> carelessly; and that I thought it was dangerous and irresponsible for
> them to make this claim on their FAQ.

They do not tell anyone to consume it carelessly. And personally, I don't
think Gatorade is necessary for anyone.

> I didn't think to point out (perhaps some others of you will) that the
> increased urine output mentioned in this FAQ entry is a result of a
> diabetic's body desperately trying to get rid of excess sugar, and that
> drinking a sugary beverage such as Gatorade is likely to aggravate
> rather than relieve that problem.

This is not necessarily why there is increased urine output. Some of us
drink a lot of water and other beverages. I do. And I don't necessarily
have excess sugar.

--
See my webpage:

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Jennifer > wrote:

>Gatorade is lower in carbs than sodas and soft drinks. 8oz has 14g of
>carbs as opposed to 8oz of Coke which has 24g.
>
>I dilute it by half with water when I'm sick and can't eat... so for
>every 16oz I drink I'm getting 7g of carbs... and since i'm not eating,
>it works for me.
>
>I keep the powdered form around for just that reason.
>
>I think of it more in a medicinal way than a drink I would have on a
>daily basis, so I never worried about a sugar free version.
>
>There are sugar free sports drinks out there if that's what you're
>looking for. Like:
>http://www.quixtar.com/products/prod...?itemno=705757

The downside is that you have to do business with Amway.

>Jennifer
>

>Bob Blaylock wrote:
>> I just now contacted the company that makes Gatorade, suggesting that
>> as prevalent as diabetes is becoming, that they are missing out on a
>> very large and lucrative market by not making a sugar-free version of
>> Gatorade. Perhaps if enough others of us do so, we might get a useful
>> result.
>>
>> http://www.gatorade.com/contact_us/
>>

>> I also pointed out an alarming and dangerous claim on their FAQ at
>> http://www.gatorade.com/frequently_asked_questions/
>>

>>>Can diabetics drink Gatorade?
>>>
>>> Yes, diabetics can actually benefit from Gatorade.
>>> Physically active diabetics who require periodic
>>> intake of carbohydrate to prevent hypoglycemia
>>> from occurring during and following activity should
>>> consume carbs during exercise.
>>>
>>> Also, people with diabetes are prone to dehydration
>>> by way of their increased urine output, and Gatorade
>>> can help in that regard as well. People with diabetes
>>> should always consult a physician before making any
>>> change in dietary intake.

>> I pointed out to them that anything that contains as much sugar as
>> Gatorade does can be dangerous to any diabetic who consumes it
>> carelessly; and that I thought it was dangerous and irresponsible for
>> them to make this claim on their FAQ.
>>
>> I didn't think to point out (perhaps some others of you will) that the
>> increased urine output mentioned in this FAQ entry is a result of a
>> diabetic's body desperately trying to get rid of excess sugar, and that
>> drinking a sugary beverage such as Gatorade is likely to aggravate
>> rather than relieve that problem.

--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

In article et>,
Jennifer > wrote:

> There are sugar free sports drinks out there if that's what you're
> looking for. Like:
> http://www.quixtar.com/products/prod...?itemno=705757

Any that I can get without having to have dealings with SCAMway?

--
"Today, we celebrate the first glorious anniversary of the Information
Purification Directives. ... Our Unification of Thoughts is more powerful
a weapon than any fleet or army on earth. ... Our enemies shall talk
themselves to death and we will bury them with their own confusion."
Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Bob Blaylock wrote:
:: I just now contacted the company that makes Gatorade, suggesting
:: that
:: as prevalent as diabetes is becoming, that they are missing out on a
:: very large and lucrative market by not making a sugar-free version of
:: Gatorade. Perhaps if enough others of us do so, we might get a
:: useful result.

I disagree with you. I don't see any need for a sugar free Gatorade. It's a
product that should be used only under certain circumstances. Also, you can
make your own SF Gatorade like drink, anyhow.

::
:: http://www.gatorade.com/contact_us/
::
::
:: I also pointed out an alarming and dangerous claim on their FAQ at
:: http://www.gatorade.com/frequently_asked_questions/
::
::: Can diabetics drink Gatorade?
:::
::: Yes, diabetics can actually benefit from Gatorade.
::: Physically active diabetics who require periodic
::: intake of carbohydrate to prevent hypoglycemia
::: from occurring during and following activity should
::: consume carbs during exercise.

This is definitely the case.

:::
::: Also, people with diabetes are prone to dehydration
::: by way of their increased urine output, and Gatorade
::: can help in that regard as well. People with diabetes
::: should always consult a physician before making any
::: change in dietary intake.

The only situation I know of where this applies is when one's BG is out of
control. In this case, the diabetic would not be doing any serious exercise
and certainly wouldn't need to drink gatorade.

::
:: I pointed out to them that anything that contains as much sugar as
:: Gatorade does can be dangerous to any diabetic who consumes it
:: carelessly; and that I thought it was dangerous and irresponsible for
:: them to make this claim on their FAQ.

That's exactly the point: if you're not engaged in long-duration, high
exertion exercise, you don't need to be drinking Gatorade. You certainly
don't need to for a 1 hour workout at the gym. But if you're playing tennis
for several hours in the hot sun, you very well might need those carbs.

::
:: I didn't think to point out (perhaps some others of you will) that
:: the increased urine output mentioned in this FAQ entry is a result
:: of a diabetic's body desperately trying to get rid of excess sugar,
:: and that drinking a sugary beverage such as Gatorade is likely to
:: aggravate
:: rather than relieve that problem.

I agree with you here.

::
:: --
:: "Today, we celebrate the first glorious anniversary of the
:: Information Purification Directives. ... Our Unification of
:: Thoughts is more powerful a weapon than any fleet or army on earth.
:: ... Our enemies shall talk themselves to death and we will bury
:: them with their own confusion."

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Default Powerade Option

Powerade makes a drink called Option has 10 calories per 8oz serving. 2 g
of sugar and 10% of Niacin, B6 and B12. Comes in Strawberry, Cherry and I
think Lemon or lime (can remember which). Might come in other flavors as
well.

"Bob Blaylock" > wrote in message
> I just now contacted the company that makes Gatorade, suggesting that
> as prevalent as diabetes is becoming, that they are missing out on a
> very large and lucrative market by not making a sugar-free version of
> Gatorade. Perhaps if enough others of us do so, we might get a useful
> result.
>
> http://www.gatorade.com/contact_us/
>

> I also pointed out an alarming and dangerous claim on their FAQ at
> http://www.gatorade.com/frequently_asked_questions/
>
>> Can diabetics drink Gatorade?
>>
>> Yes, diabetics can actually benefit from Gatorade.
>> Physically active diabetics who require periodic
>> intake of carbohydrate to prevent hypoglycemia
>> from occurring during and following activity should
>> consume carbs during exercise.
>>
>> Also, people with diabetes are prone to dehydration
>> by way of their increased urine output, and Gatorade
>> can help in that regard as well. People with diabetes
>> should always consult a physician before making any
>> change in dietary intake.

> I pointed out to them that anything that contains as much sugar as
> Gatorade does can be dangerous to any diabetic who consumes it
> carelessly; and that I thought it was dangerous and irresponsible for
> them to make this claim on their FAQ.
>
> I didn't think to point out (perhaps some others of you will) that the
> increased urine output mentioned in this FAQ entry is a result of a
> diabetic's body desperately trying to get rid of excess sugar, and that
> drinking a sugary beverage such as Gatorade is likely to aggravate
> rather than relieve that problem.
>
> --
> "Today, we celebrate the first glorious anniversary of the Information
> Purification Directives. ... Our Unification of Thoughts is more
> powerful
> a weapon than any fleet or army on earth. ... Our enemies shall talk
> themselves to death and we will bury them with their own confusion."

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
:: "Bob Blaylock" > wrote in message
:: ...
::: I just now contacted the company that makes Gatorade, suggesting
::: that as prevalent as diabetes is becoming, that they are missing
::: out on a very large and lucrative market by not making a sugar-free
::: version of Gatorade. Perhaps if enough others of us do so, we
::: might get a useful result.
:::
::: http://www.gatorade.com/contact_us/
:::
:: I have no need for Gatorade. It's basically sweetened salt water
:: with flavoring. It's very high in sodium. But if you want
:: something like this, there are sugar free versions already on the
:: market.

Some people will need the carbs from sugar.

:::
::: I also pointed out an alarming and dangerous claim on their FAQ at
::: http://www.gatorade.com/frequently_asked_questions/
:::
:::: Can diabetics drink Gatorade?
::::
:::: Yes, diabetics can actually benefit from Gatorade.
:::: Physically active diabetics who require periodic
:::: intake of carbohydrate to prevent hypoglycemia
:::: from occurring during and following activity should
:::: consume carbs during exercise.
::
:: This could be true. Depends on the person and how likely they are
:: to have a hypo. And technically diabetics can eat or drink anything.

If you're really phyiscally active then there is not on the issue of a hypo
due to diabetes, but due to bonking in due to exercise. For the non-type 1
and those who don't otherwise have issues with hypos just due to normal
living, the Gatorade product provides an option to consider, as well as
being something to replenish fluids.

::::
:::: Also, people with diabetes are prone to dehydration
:::: by way of their increased urine output, and Gatorade
:::: can help in that regard as well. People with diabetes
:::: should always consult a physician before making any
:::: change in dietary intake.
::
:: Well... They do tell you to consult your Dr.

That's just a CYA statement that has zero practical value outside of
avoiding class action lawsuits.

:::
::: I pointed out to them that anything that contains as much sugar as
::: Gatorade does can be dangerous to any diabetic who consumes it
::: carelessly; and that I thought it was dangerous and irresponsible
::: for them to make this claim on their FAQ.
::
:: They do not tell anyone to consume it carelessly. And personally, I
:: don't think Gatorade is necessary for anyone.

I don't think even the people who sell Gatorade think it is "necessary" for
anyone...however, it can be a good source of carbs and electrolytes while
execising. It's an option. It can be helpful.

:::
::: I didn't think to point out (perhaps some others of you will)
::: that the increased urine output mentioned in this FAQ entry is a
::: result of a diabetic's body desperately trying to get rid of excess
::: sugar, and that drinking a sugary beverage such as Gatorade is
::: likely to aggravate rather than relieve that problem.
:::
:: This is not necessarily why there is increased urine output. Some
:: of us drink a lot of water and other beverages. I do. And I don't
:: necessarily have excess sugar.

??? The same could be true of any non diabetic person as well. The comment
about excess urine had to be due to diabetes or it makes no sense.

::
:: --
:: See my webpage:
:: http://mysite.verizon.net/juliebove/index.htm

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

I have a bit to say about this. I am a type 1 diabetic with an
extremely physically intense job. I drink Gatorade rather often.
There's been nights where I know that the quick sugar from that
Gatorade, as well as the hydration, has kept my blood glucose in
optimal range, where otherwise I would be risking a severe hypo.

Anyone with tight control who exerts themselves is going to need carb
replenishment. Obviously, if I have a light night, I am not going to
drink a massive amount of Gatorade, and I don't think that website
claims you should. They merely stated that the drink can be beneficial
under certain circumstances, WHICH IT MOST CERTAINLY IS. They do not
say that it will not be detrimental in other circumstances.

Back to the question: Gatorade's main selling point is that it is
basically water plus what your body needs to replenish during intense
physical activity. One of those elements is, indeed, glucose.

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

In alt.support.diabetes ray > wrote:
: On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 19:58:43 -0700, Bob Blaylock wrote:

: > I just now contacted the company that makes Gatorade, suggesting that
: > as prevalent as diabetes is becoming, that they are missing out on a
: > very large and lucrative market by not making a sugar-free version of
: > Gatorade. Perhaps if enough others of us do so, we might get a useful
: > result.
: >
: > http://www.gatorade.com/contact_us/
: >
: >

: I also inquired some time ago about a low carb or at least sugar free
: version of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk and got a negative
: response.

Could you use evaporated milk with Splenda or other sweeetener added?

Wendy
Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
ray ray is offline

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 20:18:50 +0000, W. Baker wrote:

> In alt.support.diabetes ray > wrote:
> : On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 19:58:43 -0700, Bob Blaylock wrote:
>
> : > I just now contacted the company that makes Gatorade, suggesting that
> : > as prevalent as diabetes is becoming, that they are missing out on a
> : > very large and lucrative market by not making a sugar-free version of
> : > Gatorade. Perhaps if enough others of us do so, we might get a useful
> : > result.
> : >
> : > http://www.gatorade.com/contact_us/
> : >
> : >
>
> : I also inquired some time ago about a low carb or at least sugar free
> : version of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk and got a negative
> : response.
>
> Could you use evaporated milk with Splenda or other sweeetener added?
>
> Wendy

No. Evaporated is a different product than condensed. Evaporated has the
consistency of light cream - condensed is much thicker.

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

In article .com>,
"Brown" > wrote:

> Back to the question: Gatorade's main selling point is that it is
> basically water plus what your body needs to replenish during intense
> physical activity. One of those elements is, indeed, glucose.

Perhaps it's a matter of perception. Mine is that Gatorade's main
point is to replace what you lose when you sweat.

Now it's true that when I am facing dehydration to the point that only
Gatorade or a similar product can relieve my thirst; it is often when I
am engaged in heavy physical work. In that instance, I am burning up
sugar as well as losing electrolytes through sweating, so Gatorade does
all around give me back what I need.

But it gets over 100° F. in the summer where I live. I can sweat out
a lot of electrolytes just sitting still, without burning much sugar at
the same time. I can easily get to where I need the electrolytes, but
where I definitely do not need the extra sugar.

What I lose when I sweat is one problem. The sugar I burn when I am
engaged in intense physical activity is another. A single product that
provides both is very often not appropriate.

--
"Today, we celebrate the first glorious anniversary of the Information
Purification Directives. ... Our Unification of Thoughts is more powerful
a weapon than any fleet or army on earth. ... Our enemies shall talk
themselves to death and we will bury them with their own confusion."

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Bob Blaylock wrote:
:: In article .com>,
:: "Brown" > wrote:
::
[...]

I don't disagree with you at all. However, the question is, does the
company that makes Gatoraide see this as a good product? Answer: I think
not. But who knows. I personally would have zero use for it, but I see
benefit of the "sugary" product for long cycling sessions. I like to drink
Fruit 20 after a gym workout or during/after time on the stationary bike.

As others have suggested, you can make your own SF version of Gatorade and
save money. The Gatorade product will have a lot of overhead costs that you
really don't need to pay for.

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Bob Blaylock wrote:
> I just now contacted the company that makes Gatorade, suggesting that
> as prevalent as diabetes is becoming, that they are missing out on a
> very large and lucrative market by not making a sugar-free version of
> Gatorade. Perhaps if enough others of us do so, we might get a useful
> result.
>
> http://www.gatorade.com/contact_us/
>

> I also pointed out an alarming and dangerous claim on their FAQ at
> http://www.gatorade.com/frequently_asked_questions/
>
>> Can diabetics drink Gatorade?
>>
>> Yes, diabetics can actually benefit from Gatorade.
>> Physically active diabetics who require periodic
>> intake of carbohydrate to prevent hypoglycemia
>> from occurring during and following activity should
>> consume carbs during exercise.
>>
>> Also, people with diabetes are prone to dehydration
>> by way of their increased urine output, and Gatorade
>> can help in that regard as well. People with diabetes
>> should always consult a physician before making any
>> change in dietary intake.

> I pointed out to them that anything that contains as much sugar as
> Gatorade does can be dangerous to any diabetic who consumes it
> carelessly; and that I thought it was dangerous and irresponsible for
> them to make this claim on their FAQ.
>
> I didn't think to point out (perhaps some others of you will) that the
> increased urine output mentioned in this FAQ entry is a result of a
> diabetic's body desperately trying to get rid of excess sugar, and that
> drinking a sugary beverage such as Gatorade is likely to aggravate
> rather than relieve that problem.

Gatorade makes Propel for that reason which is very good.

--
Two ways to improve your life.
1. Turn off the TV.

Vlad the Impaler
Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Bob Blaylock wrote:
> I just now contacted the company that makes Gatorade, suggesting that
> as prevalent as diabetes is becoming, that they are missing out on a
> very large and lucrative market by not making a sugar-free version
> of Gatorade. Perhaps if enough others of us do so, we might get a
> useful result.

I hope you get a better response than the one I got from Heinz when
asking about sugar free 'Cream of Tomato Soup'.

Heinz wrote:
> While we welcome your comments and feedback for any of our products, we
> are not seeking and do not review any unsolicited ideas, suggestions
> or materials related to the development, design, manufacture or
> marketing of our products. We have been in this business for over 130
> years and have discovered that most ideas have either been thought of
> already or we currently have employees working on the same or similar
> ideas.

Bastian
Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

"Bastian" > wrote in message
o.uk...

> I hope you get a better response than the one I got from Heinz when
> asking about sugar free 'Cream of Tomato Soup'.
>
> Heinz wrote:
> > While we welcome your comments and feedback for any of our products, we
> > are not seeking and do not review any unsolicited ideas, suggestions
> > or materials related to the development, design, manufacture or
> > marketing of our products. We have been in this business for over 130
> > years and have discovered that most ideas have either been thought of
> > already or we currently have employees working on the same or similar
> > ideas.

My dad once wrote to a company that makes a men's hair product. He liked
the product but not the bottle it came in. He redesigned the bottle so that
it would no longer collapse in the middle as it currently did. The company
was not happy and told him that they could not use his design because they'd
had to pay him for it and they didn't do that.

--
See my webpage:

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Bastian" > wrote in message
> o.uk...
>
>> I hope you get a better response than the one I got from Heinz when
>> asking about sugar free 'Cream of Tomato Soup'.
>>
>> Heinz wrote:
>>> While we welcome your comments and feedback for any of our
>>> products, we are not seeking and do not review any unsolicited
>>> ideas, suggestions or materials related to the development, design,
>>> manufacture or marketing of our products. We have been in this
>>> business for over 130 years and have discovered that most ideas
>>> have either been thought of already or we currently have employees
>>> working on the same or similar ideas.

> My dad once wrote to a company that makes a men's hair product. He
> liked the product but not the bottle it came in. He redesigned the
> bottle so that it would no longer collapse in the middle as it
> currently did. The company was not happy and told him that they
> could not use his design because they'd had to pay him for it and
> they didn't do that.

Welcome to closed source development. And people wonder why I like to work
with open source softwa those little tweaks to make things actually fit
your needs are priceless.

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
:: Julie Bove wrote:
::: "Bastian" > wrote in message
::: o.uk...
:::
:::: Heinz wrote:
[...]

It sounds simply like a financial decision.

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> Welcome to closed source development. And people wonder why I like to work
> with open source softwa those little tweaks to make things actually fit
> your needs are priceless.

It's a lot easier than tweaking closed source software and you can
usually release what you've done ATEOTD. I find it often depends on the
author whether they accept and integrate your
changes^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hsuggestions or get their lawyers on to you. These
days when you can face huge fines or even prison just for filing a bug
report I tend to leave them to their own devices.

Even then some of the OSS people can be just as bad. I often wonder how
many programmers are sitting on superbly useful tools just because it's
too much hassle to release them.

Bastian
Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

ray > wrote:
result.
||| Could you use evaporated milk with Splenda or other
||| sweeetener added?
||| Wendy
|| No. Evaporated is a different product than condensed.
|| Evaporated has the consistency of light cream - condensed is
|| much thicker.

Do what they do, add a little water... Or at least they don't
take it out.

BJ

--
"To see what is right and not to do it, is want of courage." --
Confucious

--
http://home.swbell.net/bjtexas/SS/

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabeticof us asked?

Default No sugar-free Gatorade. Suppose they might make it if enough

In article >,
Bastian > wrote:
>Bob Blaylock wrote:
>> I just now contacted the company that makes Gatorade, suggesting that
>> as prevalent as diabetes is becoming, that they are missing out on a
>> very large and lucrative market by not making a sugar-free version
>> of Gatorade. Perhaps if enough others of us do so, we might get a
>> useful result.

>I hope you get a better response than the one I got from Heinz when
>asking about sugar free 'Cream of Tomato Soup'.

>Heinz wrote:
>> While we welcome your comments and feedback for any of our products, we
>> are not seeking and do not review any unsolicited ideas, suggestions
>> or materials related to the development, design, manufacture or
>> marketing of our products. We have been in this business for over 130
>> years and have discovered that most ideas have either been thought of
>> already or we currently have employees working on the same or similar
>> ideas.

There is an excellent reason why firms do this; if they
acknowledged someone's unsolicited idea, and they later
followed it through, that person may be able to sue for
royalties, and collect, even if they have already been
working on the same idea. This HAS happened.

\

Phone: (765)494-6054 FAX: (765)494-0558
Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Default PROPEL WATER IS ZERO CARB GATORADE

Propel is zero carb Gatorade
It is made by the Gatorade Company.

PJ

http://www.propelwater.com/

Herman Rubin > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Bastian > wrote:
> >Bob Blaylock wrote:
> >> I just now contacted the company that makes Gatorade, suggesting that
> >> as prevalent as diabetes is becoming, that they are missing out on a
> >> very large and lucrative market by not making a sugar-free version
> >> of Gatorade. Perhaps if enough others of us do so, we might get a
> >> useful result.

> >I hope you get a better response than the one I got from Heinz when
> >asking about sugar free 'Cream of Tomato Soup'.

> >Heinz wrote:
> >> While we welcome your comments and feedback for any of our products, we
> >> are not seeking and do not review any unsolicited ideas, suggestions
> >> or materials related to the development, design, manufacture or
> >> marketing of our products. We have been in this business for over 130
> >> years and have discovered that most ideas have either been thought of
> >> already or we currently have employees working on the same or similar
> >> ideas.

> There is an excellent reason why firms do this; if they
> acknowledged someone's unsolicited idea, and they later
> followed it through, that person may be able to sue for
> royalties, and collect, even if they have already been
> working on the same idea. This HAS happened.
>

> \
>

> --
> This address is for information only. I do not claim that these views
> are those of the Statistics Department or of Purdue University.
> Herman Rubin, Department of Statistics, Purdue University
> Phone: (765)494-6054 FAX: (765)494-0558

Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita
http://www.x-privat.org/join.php

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

BJ in Texas wrote:
> ray > wrote:
> result.
> || No. Evaporated is a different product than condensed.
> || Evaporated has the consistency of light cream - condensed is
> || much thicker.
>
> Do what they do, add a little water... Or at least they don't
> take it out.
>
> BJ

Actually you can make sweetened condensed milk out of evaporated milk
and sugar, when you cook it the sugar and milk thicken making what we
know as sweetened condensed milk.
I doubt that splenda would give you the same thickening qualities as
sugar. You can make candies with sugar, from soft to hard depending on
how much you heat it. I bet none of the other artificial sweetners will
have the same reaction to heating.

--
Trials Make Us Stronger

Until the next great backpack,