Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Tried the Chickpea Miso

I am sick today. Woke up yesterday feeling stuffy, sick to stomach and had
a sore throat. Am hoping it is not Strep because my daughter has it. Was
very tired and had trouble staying awake all day. Didn't have to go
anywhere today so have been staying in bed. Had a low body temp. (96.8)
this morning and was freezing all day. Got back into bed with the heat on
and as many blankets as I could find. Temp. finally came up a bit and I
decided to eat.

Decided to try the Chickpea Miso. I think it has a rather odd taste.
Sweet, but then something else as well. That's probably the fermented part.
Can't say that I care for it too much. I can eat it. It's not really
repulsive, but nothing I'd go out of my way for. I have it plain. Perhaps
the next time I make it, I'll cook it on the stove with a bit of onion and
carrot added. That might improved the flavor.
--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

FWIW, beans of all kinds taste like dirt to me when I'm sick. When I'm
well, I enjoy just about any kind of bean.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"pinecone" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> FWIW, beans of all kinds taste like dirt to me when I'm sick. When I'm
> well, I enjoy just about any kind of bean.

I had some refried beans and they tasted just fine. Although I really
haven't much appetite.

--
See my webpage:

Miso Nan[_3_] General Cooking 17 10-03-2009 04:19 PM
miso theChas. General Cooking 4 08-04-2007 08:09 PM
Miso ian Asian Cooking 1 06-05-2004 07:51 PM