Andrea2

Default Cuban Black Bean Soup

I've made this several times, it is very good and gets even better
left over. I never had any rum so I left it out, it might be even
better with the rum. Recipe came from the net, I can't remember where.

It is very low carb and never spikes our BG.

Cuban Black Bean Soup

Ingredients:
1 cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 pound dried black beans (about 2 2/3 cups)
3 cups beef broth
3 cups water
1 cup finely chopped fully cooked smoked ham
1 cup chopped green pepper
1 large tomato, chopped
1/4 cup dark rum
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
Chopped hard-cooked eggs
Chopped onions

Directions:
Cook 1 cup onion and the garlic in oil in Dutch oven until tender. Add
remaining ingredients except chopped eggs and onions; heat to boiling.
Boil 2 minutes; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until beans are tender,
about 2 hours. Serve with chopped eggs and onions.
8 servings.

Sopa De Frijol Negro (soh-pah deh free-hohl nay-groh)
A dash of rum and dusky-tasting cumin give this version of black bean
soup a hint of sophistication. Garnish each serving of this dramatic
dark soup with the bright yellow and white of hard-cooked egg and
chopped onions or, if preferred, finely chopped green onions.

Andrea2
Type 2

Caldo Gallego - White Bean Soup from THREE GUYS FROM MIAMI CELEBRATE CUBAN FOOD Cuban Cook Recipes 0 22-08-2005 09:06 PM
Black Beans - Cuban Black Bean Soup Langerhans Diabetic 0 10-07-2005 09:04 PM
Black Bean Soup Duckie ® Recipes 0 27-03-2005 07:11 PM
Cuban Black Bean Soup International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 27-07-2004 03:12 PM