Monsur Fromage du Pollet

Default Jill's Roasted Butternut

A one Cup serving of this soup and a nice salad is a marvelous lunch.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Jill's Roasted Butternut

soups

4 pounds butternut squash -- (2 large)
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups chicken stock; -- or broth
2 cups water; - (I use less)
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons salt; -- (I omit)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
sour cream -- for garnish; (I omit)

Split the squashes down the middle lengthwise and scoop out the seeds
and
pulp with a spoon. Brush a baking sheet with olive oil. Place the
squashes, cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 1
hour
or until tender. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon and place into a
large
mixing bowl. In another mixing bowl, stir together water and stock.
Puree
squash in a blender or food processor (in batches) adding the liquid as
needed until you have a smooth puree. Pour pureed squash into a deep
pot
and bring to a low boil. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder and
tarragon. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook over very low heat about 1
hour,
stirring every so often (say every 15 minutes). Garnish each bowl with
small dollop of creme fraiche or sour cream if desired.

Serves 8-10. This soup can be frozen.

27 net carbs per large serving roughly.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 172 Calories (kcal); 5g Total Fat; (24% calories from
fat); 3g
Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 2155mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1
Fat;
0 Other Carbohydrates

Type 2 Diabetic Since Aug 2004
1AC- 7.2, 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
Weight from 265 down to 219 lbs. and dropping.
Continuing to be Manitoban
Thomas Muffaletto

I put some wholes in mine and roast it at 350- 375 until soft about 1 hour.

--
Tom
Exercise Today = Life Tomorrow

Information you can trust from the diabetes experts...
Your American Diabetes Association
http://www.diabetes.org/home.jsp
the American Diabetes Association's Message Boards
http://community.diabetes.org/n/pfx/...tesz&nav=index
Chat Live with Mr. Gantlet
http://profiles.yahoo.com/mrgantlet911
"Monsur Fromage du Pollet" > wrote in message
>A one Cup serving of this soup and a nice salad is a marvelous lunch.
>
> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
> Jill's Roasted Butternut
>
> soups
>
> 4 pounds butternut squash -- (2 large)
> 2 tablespoons olive oil
> 4 cups chicken stock; -- or broth
> 2 cups water; - (I use less)
> 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
> 2 teaspoons salt; -- (I omit)
> 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
> 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
> sour cream -- for garnish; (I omit)
>
> Split the squashes down the middle lengthwise and scoop out the seeds
> and
> pulp with a spoon. Brush a baking sheet with olive oil. Place the
> squashes, cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 1
> hour
> or until tender. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon and place into a
> large
> mixing bowl. In another mixing bowl, stir together water and stock.
> Puree
> squash in a blender or food processor (in batches) adding the liquid as
> needed until you have a smooth puree. Pour pureed squash into a deep
> pot
> and bring to a low boil. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder and
> tarragon. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook over very low heat about 1
> hour,
> stirring every so often (say every 15 minutes). Garnish each bowl with
> small dollop of creme fraiche or sour cream if desired.
>
> Serves 8-10. This soup can be frozen.
>
> 27 net carbs per large serving roughly.
>

> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> Per serving: 172 Calories (kcal); 5g Total Fat; (24% calories from
> fat); 3g
> Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 2155mg Sodium
> Food Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1
> Fat;
> 0 Other Carbohydrates
>

> ** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.66 **
>

> --
> No Bread Crumbs were hurt in the making of this Meal.
> Type 2 Diabetic Since Aug 2004
> 1AC- 7.2, 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
> Weight from 265 down to 219 lbs. and dropping.
> Continuing to be Manitoban

Thomas Muffaletto