Susan

Default Fruit cobbler

x-no-archive: yes

I usually make this in the summer with all berries, but I saw some
rhubarb in the store the other day, and it blended really well with the
strawberries and blackberries that have been wonderful lately.

I don't usually use artificial sweeteners, but substituting liquid
Splenda for half the xylitol (or erythritol) works out very well, no
icky aftertaste.

I don't measure stuff, so all this is approximation.

A few cups of mixture of sliced rhubarb, whole blackberries,
blueberries, sliced strawberries

Xylitol, erythritol and/or Splenda to taste (or combination thereof).
I use little, about tablespoon at the very most

About a half cup of low to moderate carb granola, or crushed nuts mixed
with a bit of sweetener. (I use The Baker brand Pecan Granola).

A squirt or two of lemon juice

A half teaspoon or so of ground cinnamon.

A tablespoon or two of xantham gum or lc thickener of choice

Mix fruits with lemon juice, sweetener, cinnamon, thickener, and
sweetener, and half of the granola or nut mixture. Sprinkle the
remaining granola over the top.

Bake at 350 degrees F, in a dish about 8" square until fruit is soft
and bubbling a bit. Cool slightly and eat as is, or with heavy cream.

Doesn't raise my bg when made with rhubarb.

Susan

Rhubarb Cobbler Mr. Bill[_2_] Baking 0 10-05-2009 04:35 PM
Apple Cobbler jess98 Recipes 2 23-09-2007 11:27 PM
Christmas Candied Fruit Cobbler International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 16-12-2005 01:26 PM
Fruit Cobbler Terry Pulliam Burd Recipes (moderated) 0 23-06-2005 09:16 PM
Frozen Fruit versus fresh fruit [email protected] Baking 2 03-02-2005 09:38 PM