FoodBanter.com

-   -   brussle sprouts in stock (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/422689-brussle-sprouts-stock.html)

Todd 07-02-2013 09:59 PM

brussle sprouts in stock

Hi All,

Organic Brussle Sprouts are stock at both Raley's
and Trader Joe's!

-T

When I was a kid, I though my mother was literally trying
to kill me when she fed me brussle sprouts. Now, you have
to tie me down to stop me from eating them. Interesting
how our tastes change as we age. (Not an admission that I
am old.)

Todd 07-02-2013 10:18 PM

brussle sprouts in stock

On 02/07/2013 01:59 PM, Todd wrote:
> Organic Brussle Sprouts are stock at both Raley's
> and Trader Joe's!

Oops. Forgot: Brussels sprouts, cooked, boiled, drained, with salt:

1/2 cups: 6 carbs [1]

I can eat 2-1/2 cups.

-T

1)
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2821/2

Todd 07-02-2013 11:00 PM

brussle sprouts in stock

On 02/07/2013 02:18 PM, Todd wrote:
> Organic Brussle Sprouts are stock at both Raley's
> and Trader Joe's!

Decisions. Decisions. Butter or cheese sauce?

Bjørn Steensrud 08-02-2013 08:06 AM

brussle sprouts in stock

Todd wrote:

> On 02/07/2013 02:18 PM, Todd wrote:
>> Organic Brussle Sprouts are stock at both Raley's
>> and Trader Joe's!

> Decisions. Decisions. Butter or cheese sauce?

Yes.

W. Baker 08-02-2013 09:29 PM

Mushroom Spinach Soup, was brussle sprouts in stock

Susan > wrote:
Here is the recipe for the Mushroom Spinach soup I an anxious to try adn
will as soon as I can get get out again and get the necessary vegetables.
Looks easy with the packaged broth and full of mshrooms, so what could be
bad. Might be nice with some cheese sprinkled on top when served too!

Mushroom and Spinach soup with garlic croutons
If you love mushrooms, you will love this.

2 Tbs. butter or margarine
1 1/2 lbs. common mushrooms sliced very thin( I use white or baby bella)
1 medium onion chopped (I use less)
4 cups of vegetable, beef or chicken broth (I use vegetable)
1 Tbs. sherry
1/2 package (3.5 oz. size) enoki mushrooms ( I use whole pack, I love
them)
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. white pepper
4 cups packed spinach leaves washed, drained and cut into thin strips
(sometimes I don't cut them)
garlic croutons (optional)

Melt butter in a 4- to 5-quart pan over medium-high heat.
Add sliced mushrooms and onion; stir often until all but about 1/2 cup
liquid has evaporated, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Add broth, sherry, enoki mushrooms, spinach, nutmeg, and pepper.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, to blend flavors, about
15 minutes. Top with croutons and serve.
You can also cover it and chill up to 3 days, then reheat.

Wendy

Todd 08-02-2013 09:51 PM

brussle sprouts in stock

On 02/08/2013 01:34 PM, Todd wrote: