Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default OT cat biting!

Maybe your house is haunted, dogs and cats can tell.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Being a Christian I've never seen any ghosts or ufos, both ghosts and
aliens are really demons.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> Being a Christian I've never seen any ghosts or ufos, both ghosts and
> aliens are really demons.

And what in the bloody hell makes you think that your
"Being a Christian" makes any difference to any of us
relative to cat bites? Do you think that only Christians
(or Christian cats) bite people? Does "Being a Christian"
protect you from vampires, or werewolves or aliens?
Do you think that all non-Christians are bite-fodder, or
food for the demons? Do you think at all?

pavane

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

My rule of thumb is never do to an animal what you wouldn't do to a
child. I think if we sprayed our naughty children with vinegar we might
be in a bit of trouble with child services. Our animals are our
children, do what works for kids. But one has to be consistent. Every
time a child or animal does something unacceptable, remove them
physically from the situation with a firm word. Even very young children
and young animals learn very quickly, neither are stupid. Just because a
professional does something, doesn't mean it's right.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> My rule of thumb is never do to an animal what you wouldn't do to a child.
> I think if we sprayed our naughty children with vinegar we might be in a
> bit of trouble with child services. Our animals are our children, do what
> works for kids. But one has to be consistent. Every time a child or animal
> does something unacceptable, remove them physically from the situation
> with a firm word. Even very young children and young animals learn very
> quickly, neither are stupid. Just because a professional does something,
> doesn't mean it's right.

Indeed! I learned early on that spraying with water was a stupid thing to
do. I think I read it in a cat book or something. I sprayed Maui when she
was a very small kitten. That cat could be very aggressive and spraying her
with water was one way for me to wind up being a bloody mess! Never again.
I also stupidly bathed her a lot when she was young. Alas she did need the
baths when she got older and couldn't make it to the litter box. By then
she did tolerate them more.

I learned what I had to do with her was remain calm and explain to her what
she needed to do or not do. And give her lots of praise when she did the
right thing.

Of the two cats we have now, Ballerina causes more trouble simply
because...well...I think she is kind of stupid. Or maybe better words would
be daring or curious. She just does things she shouldn't do. She has
broken things, fallen, knocked things down. All because she goes where she
shouldn't. She has also almost gotten outside a few times. That seems to
be her new goal. And because she is sort of feral, she seems to respond
better to her mom than she does to us. But because she is big now, (well
small for a cat but pretty much full grown), she doesn't listen to mom very
often. She does respond very well to food and is easily distracted. All I
have to do is say the word "tuna" and she is looking for the food.

Jazzy does respond quite well to talking to. She has tried to scratch my
new computer chair. I know she really wants to do it. But I tell her not
to and she stops and then gets petted.

Overall they are very good cats.