Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Low Citamin D ...again :(

A couple of days ago got a call from my Primary Care , and was told my
Vitamin D is pretty low...lower than last time, because I will be starting
on twice the pills I was on the last time. I'm wondering if my sick
Gallbladder was the cause of this, I read that the Gallbladder was
responsible for absorbing certain vitamins and vitamin D was one. What do
you think? Jeesh, I'm falling apart piece by piece....

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

That's Vitamin...I blame it on the drugs...LOL.
"Jacquie" > wrote in message
>A couple of days ago got a call from my Primary Care , and was told my
>Vitamin D is pretty low...lower than last time, because I will be starting
>on twice the pills I was on the last time. I'm wondering if my sick
>Gallbladder was the cause of this, I read that the Gallbladder was
>responsible for absorbing certain vitamins and vitamin D was one. What do
>you think? Jeesh, I'm falling apart piece by piece....

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jacquie" > wrote in message
>A couple of days ago got a call from my Primary Care , and was told my
>Vitamin D is pretty low...lower than last time, because I will be starting
>on twice the pills I was on the last time. I'm wondering if my sick
>Gallbladder was the cause of this, I read that the Gallbladder was
>responsible for absorbing certain vitamins and vitamin D was one. What do
>you think? Jeesh, I'm falling apart piece by piece....

Sorry to hear that. At least vitamin D doesn't cost too much.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Low Vitamin D ...again :(

They prescribe them to me .. My number is 18 not sure what normal is.
Tricare will pay for the vitamin D after I pay the $9.00 co pay..so no
problem there.

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Jacquie" > wrote in message
>>A couple of days ago got a call from my Primary Care , and was told my
>>Vitamin D is pretty low...lower than last time, because I will be starting
>>on twice the pills I was on the last time. I'm wondering if my sick
>>Gallbladder was the cause of this, I read that the Gallbladder was
>>responsible for absorbing certain vitamins and vitamin D was one. What do
>>you think? Jeesh, I'm falling apart piece by piece....

> Sorry to hear that. At least vitamin D doesn't cost too much.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jacquie" > wrote in message
m...
> They prescribe them to me .. My number is 18 not sure what normal is.
> Tricare will pay for the vitamin D after I pay the $9.00 co pay..so no
> problem there.

Have you tried the mail order? I think I might have to go to that soon.
Not sure when husband is officially retired but he'll be home on Mon.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

The rx vit D is D2, the otc kind is D3 which is much better. Vit d is
fat soluble so with no fat in your stomach when you take it it won't be
absorbed.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Jacquie" > wrote in message
> m...
>> They prescribe them to me .. My number is 18 not sure what normal is.
>> Tricare will pay for the vitamin D after I pay the $9.00 co pay..so no
>> problem there.

> Have you tried the mail order? I think I might have to go to that soon.
> Not sure when husband is officially retired but he'll be home on Mon.

No I won't do the mail order because I live a mile and a half from my
mailbox and some meds wouldn't be able to sit in 105 temps all day until my
husband can stop and get it on the way home from work. Hubby has been
retired from the AF for about 14-15 years. They keep on asking me to do mail
order and I just ignore the letters. Once I am on Medicare(a few more years
yet) I will get my meds on base. Right now we use the local grocery
pharmacy, and I pay a $9.00 co-pay. Hubby makes enough money,
that we can afford it now.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jacquie" > wrote in message
m...

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Jacquie" > wrote in message
>> m...
>>> They prescribe them to me .. My number is 18 not sure what normal is.
>>> Tricare will pay for the vitamin D after I pay the $9.00 co pay..so no
>>> problem there.

>> Have you tried the mail order? I think I might have to go to that soon.
>> Not sure when husband is officially retired but he'll be home on Mon.
>>

> No I won't do the mail order because I live a mile and a half from my
> mailbox and some meds wouldn't be able to sit in 105 temps all day until
> my husband can stop and get it on the way home from work. Hubby has been
> retired from the AF for about 14-15 years. They keep on asking me to do
> mail order and I just ignore the letters. Once I am on Medicare(a few more
> years yet) I will get my meds on base. Right now we use the local grocery
> pharmacy, and I pay a $9.00 co-pay. Hubby makes enough money,
> that we can afford it now.

Yeah, that's my worry too. Not so much the heat although I do know that is
a concern. I used to have to get Maui's meds through the mail and the cold
pack they put in there just wasn't effective. Her meds became inactive if
they got too warm and I could always tell by her vomiting when they had.
That got very expensive.

I worry about my insulin. Will it freeze? What if it gets too warm? I
have no idea where the meds come from. But I have a feeling I will have to
go that route soon. Husband will be home on Mon. I don't know when his
official retirement date is or when they start the new insurance. Right now
everything is free for us.