Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default bg 89 2 hrs after beans and franks

1/2 can of Joan of Arc chili beans with 2 hotdogs on the plate with
catsup on them, a super good reading.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Colt T wrote:
> 1/2 can of Joan of Arc chili beans with 2 hotdogs on the plate with
> catsup on them, a super good reading.

Why are you posting this?

And what were your numbers prior to eating? And why aren't you eating
vegetables?

I can and do eat half a can of beans with no problem. I don't know about
chili beans. All of the ones I have seen have sugar in them so I have to
eat less of those than I would regular beans. I don't know about that
brand.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I think beans are veggies and I never ever test before a meal.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> I think beans are veggies and I never ever test before a meal.

Legumes (which are starchy). Green beans are veggies and low carb.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Red kidney beans and pinto beans are very high on the ORAC scale, higher
than blueberries.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
>I think beans are veggies and I never ever test before a meal.

If you never test before a meal then your numbers are useless.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> Red kidney beans and pinto beans are very high on the ORAC scale, higher
> than blueberries.

No clue what that means but they work for me.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Yes they are but we are discussing whether the beans are a veggie or
not, nothing more or less.

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> Red kidney beans and pinto beans are very high on the ORAC scale,
> higher
> than blueberries.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...ng+blood+sugar

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl > wrote:
: Yes they are but we are discussing whether the beans are a veggie or
: not, nothing more or less.

: "Colt T" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Red kidney beans and pinto beans are very high on the ORAC scale,
: > higher
: > than blueberries.
: >

They are clearly part of the vegetable kingdom, as opposed to the animal
or mineral ones, but so are grains and pottoes, etc. They woul, to me be
starchy vegetables like peas, potatoes, etc. They are also clearly
vegetables rather than fruits, although they are the seeds of the plant,
soand their pods are the fruits. How do you think we should be
considering? They are clearly not leafy grreen vegetables, nor are they,
sometimes sugary root vegetables. They are dicotyledenous, so clearly not
a grass, like all the grains. Vegetarians eat them, als o vegans. In
meals they would go on the starhc part of the plate, although they are a
good source ofo vegetable protein too, like nut, also dicoteledenous
seeds.

I suggest we take a dart adn throw it up against my paragraph above adn
take your choice. Because of their starch I don't include them much in my
diet.

Wendy-stuck in on a very rainy day

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...ng+blood+sugar

Your posts are getting more and more annoying! Posting a link to a search
is not helpful at all. It brings up a bunch of links that are not relevant
and forces us to sort through them to see if anything *is* relevant. From
what I have seen, nothing is. Except perhaps for a link to a forum which I
don't want to read. There are several links to studies about green coffee
beans and also links telling us to eat a serving of non-starchy vegetables
which includes green beans.

If you're not going to put up actual cites, please stop wasting our time!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Ozgirl > wrote:
> : Yes they are but we are discussing whether the beans are a veggie or
> : not, nothing more or less.
>
> : "Colt T" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > Red kidney beans and pinto beans are very high on the ORAC scale,
> : > higher
> : > than blueberries.
> : >
>
> They are clearly part of the vegetable kingdom, as opposed to the animal
> or mineral ones, but so are grains and pottoes, etc. They woul, to me be
> starchy vegetables like peas, potatoes, etc. They are also clearly
> vegetables rather than fruits, although they are the seeds of the plant,
> soand their pods are the fruits. How do you think we should be
> considering? They are clearly not leafy grreen vegetables, nor are they,
> sometimes sugary root vegetables. They are dicotyledenous, so clearly not
> a grass, like all the grains. Vegetarians eat them, als o vegans. In
> meals they would go on the starhc part of the plate, although they are a
> good source ofo vegetable protein too, like nut, also dicoteledenous
> seeds.
>
> I suggest we take a dart adn throw it up against my paragraph above adn
> take your choice. Because of their starch I don't include them much in my
> diet.
>
> Wendy-stuck in on a very rainy day

I eat beans on a regular basis. I'm going to eat some soon in the form of
hummus. These days they are my protein of choice but of course they count
as a starch too. I have to pay for Angela's increased meat and cheese
consumption for the next few weeks and I don't have any more corners to cut.

I do *not* count beans as the vegetable part of my plate.

Member

They are clearly part of the vegetable kingdom, as opposed to the animal
or mineral ones, but so are grains and pottoes, etc. They woul, to me be
starchy vegetables like peas, potatoes, etc. They are also clearly
vegetables rather than fruits, although they are the seeds of the plant,
soand their pods are the fruits. How do you think we should be
considering? They are clearly not leafy grreen vegetables, nor are they,
sometimes sugary root vegetables. They are dicotyledenous, so clearly not
a grass, like all the grains. Vegetarians eat them, als o vegans. In
meals they would go on the starhc part of the plate, although they are a
good source ofo vegetable protein too, like nut, also dicoteledenous
seeds.
Kitchen cabinet hardware