Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Why krill oil beats fish oil in the supplement race

Krill oil one of the best sources of omega 3 fatty acids, even better
than fish oil due to it's high bio-availability. This, combined with its
high amoun of antioxidants like astaxanthin makes it a powerful health
supplement for cardiovascular health, as well as managing blood sugar
levels and a myriad of other health issues.

http://www.omega3faq.com/omega3news/...-of-krill-oil/
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 2/18/2012 12:26 PM, Viktor Kashen wrote:
> Krill oil one of the best sources of omega 3 fatty acids, even better
> than fish oil due to it's high bio-availability. This, combined with its
> high amoun of antioxidants like astaxanthin makes it a powerful health
> supplement for cardiovascular health, as well as managing blood sugar
> levels and a myriad of other health issues.
>
> http://www.omega3faq.com/omega3news/...-of-krill-oil/

I can't take fish oil. It makes me ill. I do take Schiff's "Mega Red"
Krill and they are really a benefit. I'm not Diabetic, DH is, but krill
has helped lower my LDL and it has also worked better for joint health
than Glucosamine and Chondroitin for me.

I tried a generic krill and it gave me indigestion. The Schiff's doesn't.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

And for my osteoarthritis it can't be beaten. I swear by the stuff. It
raised my HDL significantly as well. Unfortunately everyone is jumping
on the Krill bandwagon and supplements with much smaller amounts of
Krill are being sold. Look for capsules with a high concentration and a
brand you trust.

"Viktor Kashen" > wrote in message
> Krill oil one of the best sources of omega 3 fatty acids, even better
> than fish oil due to it's high bio-availability. This, combined with
> its high amoun of antioxidants like astaxanthin makes it a powerful
> health supplement for cardiovascular health, as well as managing blood
> sugar levels and a myriad of other health issues.
>
> http://www.omega3faq.com/omega3news/...-of-krill-oil/

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 2/18/2012 12:26 PM, Viktor Kashen wrote:
>> Krill oil one of the best sources of omega 3 fatty acids, even better
>> than fish oil due to it's high bio-availability. This, combined with
>> its
>> high amoun of antioxidants like astaxanthin makes it a powerful
>> health
>> supplement for cardiovascular health, as well as managing blood sugar
>> levels and a myriad of other health issues.
>>
>> http://www.omega3faq.com/omega3news/...-of-krill-oil/

> I can't take fish oil. It makes me ill. I do take Schiff's "Mega Red"
> Krill and they are really a benefit. I'm not Diabetic, DH is, but
> krill has helped lower my LDL and it has also worked better for joint
> health than Glucosamine and Chondroitin for me.

Glucosamine and Chondroiton were a total waste of time and money for me.
I almost cried when I first tried Krill oil and it worked so well for
pain.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 2/18/2012 5:57 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> eb.com...
>> On 2/18/2012 12:26 PM, Viktor Kashen wrote:
>>> Krill oil one of the best sources of omega 3 fatty acids, even better
>>> than fish oil due to it's high bio-availability. This, combined with its
>>> high amoun of antioxidants like astaxanthin makes it a powerful health
>>> supplement for cardiovascular health, as well as managing blood sugar
>>> levels and a myriad of other health issues.
>>>
>>> http://www.omega3faq.com/omega3news/...-of-krill-oil/
>>>

>> I can't take fish oil. It makes me ill. I do take Schiff's "Mega Red"
>> Krill and they are really a benefit. I'm not Diabetic, DH is, but
>> krill has helped lower my LDL and it has also worked better for joint
>> health than Glucosamine and Chondroitin for me.

> Glucosamine and Chondroiton were a total waste of time and money for me.
> I almost cried when I first tried Krill oil and it worked so well for pain.

I agree. I wasted a bunch of money on the G&C. I do a weight-lifting
class and a Pilates class three mornings a week at the gym and yoga
classes the other two mornings at a studio. This schedule really
punished my creaky old knees, but the krill has improved my joints
immensely. It's like the oil in the capsules has oiled my joints.