Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Barilla no boil lasagna noodles

In article >,
Susan > wrote:

> I've been spoiled by the Barilla no boil lasagna noodles that
> Evelyn tipped me off to years ago, they're tender and very thin and
> light, like fresh pasta.

Susan, are these just "Barilla" not some subcategory like whole grain or
the like?

PP, feeling some lasagna coming on
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 21:12:16 -0500, Peppermint Patootie
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Susan > wrote:
>
>> I've been spoiled by the Barilla no boil lasagna noodles that
>> Evelyn tipped me off to years ago, they're tender and very thin and
>> light, like fresh pasta.

>Susan, are these just "Barilla" not some subcategory like whole grain or
>the like?
>
>PP, feeling some lasagna coming on

You buy them in the pasta section of the store, and they come in a
small flat box. They are made by the Barilla company. I don't
believe they come in a whole grain variety yet, but it is of course,
possible. They are thin, require no cooking at all. You just place
them in your pan and add your ingredients, layered up as usual. They
soften while baking in the oven.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Evelyn > wrote:

> On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 21:12:16 -0500, Peppermint Patootie
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > Susan > wrote:
> >
> >> I've been spoiled by the Barilla no boil lasagna noodles that
> >> Evelyn tipped me off to years ago, they're tender and very thin and
> >> light, like fresh pasta.

> >Susan, are these just "Barilla" not some subcategory like whole grain or
> >the like?
> >
> >PP, feeling some lasagna coming on

> You buy them in the pasta section of the store, and they come in a
> small flat box. They are made by the Barilla company. I don't
> believe they come in a whole grain variety yet, but it is of course,
> possible. They are thin, require no cooking at all. You just place
> them in your pan and add your ingredients, layered up as usual. They
> soften while baking in the oven.
>
> Evelyn

Thanks, Evelyn. I know about no-boil lasagna. I just wanted to be sure
I had the product name correct.

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 21:12:16 -0500, Peppermint Patootie
> > wrote:
>
>>In article >,
>> Susan > wrote:
>>
>>> I've been spoiled by the Barilla no boil lasagna noodles that
>>> Evelyn tipped me off to years ago, they're tender and very thin and
>>> light, like fresh pasta.

>>Susan, are these just "Barilla" not some subcategory like whole grain or
>>the like?
>>
>>PP, feeling some lasagna coming on

> You buy them in the pasta section of the store, and they come in a
> small flat box. They are made by the Barilla company. I don't
> believe they come in a whole grain variety yet, but it is of course,
> possible. They are thin, require no cooking at all. You just place
> them in your pan and add your ingredients, layered up as usual. They
> soften while baking in the oven.
>
> Evelyn

I bought some today, am going to try them on V-Day. I had never heard of
them before this thread.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 11:51:33 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 21:12:16 -0500, Peppermint Patootie
>> > wrote:

>>>Susan, are these just "Barilla" not some subcategory like whole grain or
>>>the like?
>>>
>>>PP, feeling some lasagna coming on

>> You buy them in the pasta section of the store, and they come in a
>> small flat box. They are made by the Barilla company. I don't
>> believe they come in a whole grain variety yet, but it is of course,
>> possible. They are thin, require no cooking at all. You just place
>> them in your pan and add your ingredients, layered up as usual. They
>> soften while baking in the oven.
>>
>> Evelyn

>I bought some today, am going to try them on V-Day. I had never heard of
>them before this thread.
>
>Cheri

I have tried the other brands and they are awful. These are the best.
You are going to love the ease.

Evelyn

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Evelyn > wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 11:51:33 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
> >"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 21:12:16 -0500, Peppermint Patootie

> >> You buy them in the pasta section of the store, and they come in a
> >> small flat box. They are made by the Barilla company. I don't
> >> believe they come in a whole grain variety yet, but it is of course,
> >> possible. They are thin, require no cooking at all. You just place
> >> them in your pan and add your ingredients, layered up as usual. They
> >> soften while baking in the oven.
> >>
> >> Evelyn

> >I bought some today, am going to try them on V-Day. I had never heard of
> >them before this thread.
> >
> >Cheri

> I have tried the other brands and they are awful. These are the best.
> You are going to love the ease.
>
> Evelyn

I made lasagna at Christmas with some very nice no-boil noodles. I
wonder if that was Barilla. I don't remember. It was amazing lasagna,
though. I stretched some sweet Italian sausage with grass-fed
free-range ground pork seasoned with garlic and fennel seed. Lots of
fennel. :-) And two thick layers of ricotta. Yum.

PP
- Chris Malcolm