Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Chocolate Espresso Cheesecake

I think I'm going to experiment and make a xylitol-sweetened version of this
for Christmas dinner. I may also make something "normal" for everyone else,
in case it doesn't work out!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet > wrote:
: I think I'm going to experiment and make a xylitol-sweetened version of this
: for Christmas dinner. I may also make something "normal" for everyone else,
: in case it doesn't work out!

I have had good successwith a loew carb, slightly lower fat lemon
cheesecakee tht Syd used to just love. As cheesecake is essentially, a
custard, simply replacing the sugar with an artificial sweetener of your
choice works well. I also used ground slightly sweetened(same artificial)
walnuts patted in the bottom of the spring form pan as crustrather than
the usual cookie crumbs. It needed no added butter or other fat.

I use Splenda, but might well use my liquid sucralose next time, but I
might add just a bit to the tablespoon of flour the recipe calls for.

I see no reason why your chocolate esspresso version shouldn't work very
well.

Let us know how it comes out.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

try it!

if it works great..if not you usually can fig out why and fix it.

I made eggnog yesterday..was wonderful

I kept tweaking it till it was perfect.

going to make ganache today to make truffles and dip low carb pecan cookies
into so I wont need to dust with real sugar outside them like normal.

KROM

"Janet" wrote in message ...

I think I'm going to experiment and make a xylitol-sweetened version of this
for Christmas dinner. I may also make something "normal" for everyone else,
in case it doesn't work out!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

that sounds good just now, and i am not a big chocolate eater, Lee